May 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Travel Tuesday

So with the holidays being here I know most of you ladies travel to see family. If you answer yes to any of the following explain where and why.

Did you travel anywhere for Thanksgiving?

Will you travel for Christmas?

Will you travel for New Years?

Do you travel anytime between any of those days?

How long do you usually stay?

Does anyone travel to you?

Re: Travel Tuesday

• Did you travel anywhere for Thanksgiving? No Thanksgiving is usually spent with my mom and H's dad and they both live in the same town as us.

Will you travel for Christmas? Christmas day no other than just here in town.

Will you travel for New Years? No we have a wedding to go to on New Years Eve in town and H is in the wedding.

Do you travel anytime between any of those days? Yes. My dad's family does Christmas together usually the week after Thanksgiving sometimes it's in town and sometimes it's not. Also H and I usually drive up to my dads either the weekend before or weekend after Christmas to do our stuff with them.

How long do you usually stay? Usually just the day or the weekend it really depends on that dates.

Does anyone travel to you? No unless we do family Christmas here in town.

• Did you travel anywhere for Thanksgiving? Yes, but not too far just 45 minutes to my parent's house.

Will you travel for Christmas? Ugh, yes. We're so busy on holidays trying to see each of our families, its insane! We travel a  lot on Christmas Eve and Christmas day but we never leave the state, its just a lot of driving.  

Will you travel for New Years? Nope, we don't do much for NYE, thankfully!

Do you travel anytime between any of those days? Not really

How long do you usually stay? We rarely stay anywhere overnight during the holidays. Sometimes we stay at my parents house if we see them last on Christmas Day.

Does anyone travel to you? Nope, not yet anyway...maybe next year!

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Did you travel anywhere for Thanksgiving? Nope, we hosted this year.

Will you travel for Christmas? Yes, we'll head home for Christmas.

Will you travel for New Years? We might go out to a party, but it will be local.

Do you travel anytime between any of those days? Probably not. I work in fundraising so it's hard to take time off at the end of the year, people want to make those last minute donations for taxes!

How long do you usually stay? We usually drive home on Christmas Even and leave Christmas night. This year I'm hoping H can get the day after Christmas off so we can spend a little more time at home.

Does anyone travel to you? This year both parents and 3/4 of our sibilings came to our house for Thanksgiving.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

imageimage

• Did you travel anywhere for Thanksgiving? Just from the couch to the kitchen ;p

Will you travel for Christmas? Yup- Flying from Colorado to Alabama, driving up to Indiana, then flying back to Colorado.

Will you travel for New Years? Nope- We're getting in New Year's Eve... Kind of thinking about getting a hotel in Denver for the night, but not sure yet.

Do you travel anytime between any of those days? Nope. H is going to San Francisco this weekend, but I'm staying home.

How long do you usually stay? We usually are gone about 2 weeks- Since H used up so much vacation time around the wedding, this year it'll be more like 1.

Does anyone travel to you? Nope. We've lived in Colorado over 3 years and the only person that has come to visit has been my MOH.

Sidenote: These are excellent questions for a home invader to ask ;p

• Both H and I live in about a 5 mile radius of most of our family. I have a couple who leave an hour away but they usually come to our town since my Grandma is here.  Small town people. :)
    "Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"
  • Did you travel anywhere for Thanksgiving?- H and I went to Toronto to visit my best friend over thanksgiving here in Canada

Will you travel for Christmas?- nope we're staying home... my mom is coming to us and H's parents live in town

Will you travel for New Years? - i don't think so... going to be at home.. we'll see if anythign is going on around here

Do you travel anytime between any of those days?- we're going to Disneyland in 12 DAYS! :)

How long do you usually stay? Most of our trips seem to be weekend trips... or long weekend 3-4 days... but Disney is just over a week!

Does anyone travel to you? - H and I like to go places together right now...

View Full Size Image
  • Did you travel anywhere for Thanksgiving? Yes, to my mom & grandparent's houses

Will you travel for Christmas?  Yes.. same places!

Will you travel for New Years? No.. staying home!

Do you travel anytime between any of those days?  I may have to, SIL is pregnant with twins and is scheduling a C-section the week before Christmas!!

How long do you usually stay? A couple days.. I feel bad leaving our kitty home!

Does anyone travel to you?  Not this year, but we've already decided that we will have Christmas, and maybe Thanksgiving at our house next year :)

• Did you travel anywhere for Thanksgiving?  Nope...

Will you travel for Christmas? Nope....just around town.  Hubby has to work and is on-call and therefore he has rounds to make, so I generally drive around with him.

Will you travel for New Years?  We haven't decided yet.  Since H has to work Christmas, we were thinking of taking some days off around NYE and stay somewhere....

Do you travel anytime between any of those days? Nope

How long do you usually stay? When we go down to SCal for Christmas to visit H family, we usually stay a week or so. 

Does anyone travel to you?  My sister and her family usually come home for Christmas, but since they traveled out to SCal for the wedding and then back home to SD late Aug. for our home reception, my parents are going to them this year.

• Did you travel anywhere for Thanksgiving? Nope...we hosted.

Will you travel for Christmas? Not this year unless you count the half hour drive to my parents...Every other year my family goes to the okanogan (where we got married) to celebrate with the extended family, so when I am not working over christmas we often go up there. (4 hours)

Will you travel for New Years? Working New Years.

Do you travel anytime between any of those days? Not usually.

How long do you usually stay? If we go to the Okanogan, then its usually about 3-4 days...can't get more time off at Christmastime.

Does anyone travel to you? nope.

• Did you travel anywhere for Thanksgiving? We went to visit MIL in France.

Will you travel for Christmas? Daytona Beach to visit FIL.

Will you travel for New Years? We may still be in Florida, but if not, we'll be here in Atlanta. We're driving, so we can kind-of make our own schedule which is nice.

Do you travel anytime between any of those days? I am going to Ohio to visit my dad's side and see my high school friends for about 4 or 5 days before Christmas.  DH isn't going though, because he can't get more time off work.

How long do you usually stay? It depends on where we go. :) A long weekend at the minimum and a week or so at the max.

Does anyone travel to you? I WISH!! Not this year.  My mom was going to come this weekend, but she isn't feeling well, so she won't be coming.  Her and my stepdad may come from St. Petes to Daytona Beach to visit us at FIL's. 

• Did you travel anywhere for Thanksgiving?  Yes. We went to my parents' which is 2 hours south of our house.

Will you travel for Christmas? To my ILs for the day but that's only about 40 minutes away.

Will you travel for New Years? Nope! I'll be suuuuuuper pregnant on NYE this year.

Do you travel anytime between any of those days? We'll go up to visit family in PA at some point.

How long do you usually stay? Just for the day usually. Unless we go to my parents'. Then we at least stay the night.

Does anyone travel to you? Nope! We may do Thanksgiving next year though.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers