May 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Elf on the Shelf

Hey ladies,

I've been seeing this "new" craze of Elf on the Shelf all over the place, and I finally Googled it to see what they looked like. To my surprise, I saw pictures of our dear little Elfie. My parents have one of these dolls, we put him in the tree every year. Guess I didn't know he was supposed to go on a shelf. We always scope out a good spot for him where he can see the fireplace! I think he was my grandmother's.

Do any of you have cute holiday traditions like this, or are any of you also part of the Elf on the Shelf madness?

Photobucket

Re: Elf on the Shelf

• image MiniMeg526:

Hey ladies,

I've been seeing this "new" craze of Elf on the Shelf all over the place, and I finally Googled it to see what they looked like. To my surprise, I saw pictures of our dear little Elfie. My parents have one of these dolls, we put him in the tree every year. Guess I didn't know he was supposed to go on a shelf. We always scope out a good spot for him where he can see the fireplace! I think he was my grandmother's.

Do any of you have cute holiday traditions like this, or are any of you also part of the Elf on the Shelf madness?

never heard of this before.  Interesting!  My hubby and I buy a new Hallmark ornament every year that is supposed to represent our past year.  So after 15 years together, we have a little collection of Hallmark ornaments on our tree.  We like Hallmark because   A.  you can find just about any kind of ornament you are looking for  and B.  they stamp all their ornaments with the year, so we always know which year was what and reminice (?) about it.  It's kind of our own little tradition.  Started my sister and her H doing the same thing.

• H and I also get a new ornament every year. We have several places here that you can get personalized ones so we usually do that. I also we always get pjs for Christmas that we get to open on Christmas Eve and then we have them to wear Christmas morning when we get up and open all our presents. Also we open our stockings on Christmas Eve.
  • I am crazy about Snoopy, so our tree is all Snoopy.  Every year we buy at least one new Snoopy ornament. 
    Anniversary PersonalMilestone 

• We do the ornament every year too...we also have a tree trimming party with a few close friends and parents, and my mom waits to decorate her tree to christmas eve and we help her! :) 
    "Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"
  • We do a new ornament every year. And my mom buys us one too. My parents always bought us new ornaments every year and I like that so I've continued on. I want to start more traditions, just don't know what. 
    View Full Size Image
  • I LOVE seeing all the funny "Elf on a Shelf" ideas on Pinterest. I've considered getting us one, even though we don't have kids, because I think H & I would have a lot of fun with it! 

We don't really have any holiday traditions, although I love the idea of getting a new ornament every year. Do you think 8 years into a relationship is too late to start?  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

imageimage

• image bpphoto785:

I LOVE seeing all the funny "Elf on a Shelf" ideas on Pinterest. I've considered getting us one, even though we don't have kids, because I think H & I would have a lot of fun with it! 

We don't really have any holiday traditions, although I love the idea of getting a new ornament every year. Do you think 8 years into a relationship is too late to start?  

I don't think it's too late... You can start collecting during your first Christmas as husband and wife!! :)

Love hearing everyone else's ideas, I think it's cool that so many of you get yearly ornaments.

Photobucket
  • I heard about elf on the shelf last year after seeing people with young kids posting things on FB. I have seen lots of stuff on Pinterest for it too. H's mom bought one last year and when H and I would go over to visit, we'd find the elf and put him in a funny spot and she'd get a kick out of it.

We have a couple of ornaments that are meaningful to us, but nothing we buy every year. I wish I had thought to buy one every year, but maybe that tradition can start now that we're married!

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• I don't really get the elf on the shelf thing... but whatever.

I read an article in Cooking Light about creating new traditions every year and it was pretty neat. DH and I don't really have any traditions of our own.  We decided to go Christmas tree shopping this year together, so that'll probably be something fun we'll start doing together every year.  I have a feeling most of the traditions we start will revolve around food and/or alcohol  lol