May 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Menu Monday

What things are on the menu for this week???

What things are you planning to make during the Christmas season?

Any foods you only make during the holidays?

Re: Menu Monday

• Now that we are getting settled in the new place, I'm finally going to start to meal plan and actually cook for a change.  This week, I'm making Pamasan Sage Pork Chops, Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry, and Chicken Tortilla Soup. 

I'll probably do some baking as the holidays get closer to gift out to people, but I'm not sure what things. 

The only food that I can think of that I make only during the holidays is a peppermint cheesecake, but I just started making that last year, so I'm not sure yet if I'll keep up the "tradition". :)

• Tonight we are doing a recipe from pininterest, the hawain BBQ chicken crockpot...I made my own Hawain bbq sauce so I am interested to see how it turns out. It was hard for my chef to let me do it on my own he keep adding things driving me nuts, he complains I don't cook but then doesn't let me when I try too! 

My MIL makes these amazing cookies she gave me the recipe too so I am going to attempt to make them and I always make my grandmas fudge!  

"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"
  • image Melissa51212:

Tonight we are doing a recipe from pininterest, the hawain BBQ chicken crockpot...

I've seen this one and was wondering how it was. Can you report back to let us know how it turns out please? 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Tonight H and I are going out to eat for our 6 month anniversary :) 

I made chili last night, so we'll have the leftovers tomorrow.  The rest of the week's menu is still up in the air.

I made red velvet cake balls for Christmas last year, and they were a big hit so I think I'm going to start making them every year.

image Anniversary
  • This week I am making spaghetti, baked ribs, jambalaya, and that's all that I know of for sure.

I bake a lot during Christmas. I know I will make an apple pie soon, a chocolate cake from scratch, monkey bread, there's so many things.

Normally during the holidays I make a lot of desserts or sweets that are warm like monkey bread. Also I use a lot of cinnamon in my baking. I think I will make my step moms fudge again soon. And maybe some white trash which I haven't made for about 3 years now.

• image Melissa51212:

Tonight we are doing a recipe from pininterest, the hawain BBQ chicken crockpot...I made my own Hawain bbq sauce so I am interested to see how it turns out. It was hard for my chef to let me do it on my own he keep adding things driving me nuts, he complains I don't cook but then doesn't let me when I try too! 

My MIL makes these amazing cookies she gave me the recipe too so I am going to attempt to make them and I always make my grandmas fudge!  

I've made this before although never with Hawaiian BBQ Sauce (I can never find it). It's pretty good and very versitile. I've served it over rice, in quesadilla, etc. I'm sure it will be event better with homemade BBQ sauce!

This week is all leftovers!! I did try and mix things up a bit and used leftovers to make sweet potato & apple soup (which I froze), turkey noodle soup, and turkey & mashed potato croquettes (which came out amazing!) I also bought a pork loin for something different to go with all the sides we have left over.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

imageimage

• Planning on lots of soup/ salad for this week- A rustic white bean for sure, and maybe lentil soup. Not sure on the salads yet- Probably something with quinoa, though.

Tonight I'm planning on tossing some of the leftover butternut squash with pasta to use it up, and maybe topping it with a little bacon.

And I really don't do anything different over the holidays... In general we eat more soup when it's colder, but otherwise we don't do anything special. 

• image amcourt09:
    image Melissa51212:

Tonight we are doing a recipe from pininterest, the hawain BBQ chicken crockpot...

I've seen this one and was wondering how it was. Can you report back to let us know how it turns out please? 

I've made this before.  Delicious.  Lesson learned though....use lots of cooking spray to cover the pot.  Geez, I forgot to spray the pot and it took me a couple days worth of soaking to get it cleaned.

Menu this week: Monday - Chili;  Tuesday - Burritos;  Wednesday - Chicken Marsala; Thursday - leftover Turkey/open faced turkey sandwichs;  Friday - date night -eat out!

I HATE baking.  I love to cook, but baking is for the birds in my little world.  I have zero patience when it comes to baking so there is actually very little that gets done in my house.  I usually spend a weekend with my mom helping her out and making a mess in her kitchen baking!  I did however make no bake cookies last night.  I will not tell you guys though how awful they turned out!  My H just laughed and said thank god I can cook.  He has resolved himself to the bakery at our grocery store and seems to be quite content with it!