Politics & Current Events
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

$30K more reportedly spent on Palin's clothes

Palin got $30K more in clothes

The Republican National Committee will report Thursday that it spent about another $30,000 on clothes and accessories for Sarah Palin during her vice presidential bid, a GOP source tells Politico.Palin took a major public relations hit when Politico revealed that the RNC in September shelled out $150,000 for clothes and accessories from high-end retailers for the Alaska governor, who built her political persona around a folksy, regular-gal demeanor.The additional spending will be detailed on the committee's post-general election report, which is due to be filed with the Federal Election Commission before midnight.The filing will show less than $30,000 worth of "accessories" purchased before the general election for Palin and her family in coordination with the McCain-Palin campaign, according to the source, who said any clothes in the committee's possession will be given to charity.

IVF w/ ICSI #2 - fraternal twins born December 2010 at 36 weeks.

Re: $30K more reportedly spent on Palin's clothes

• I wonder if the cost includes her sparkly flag pin.
    A big old middle finger to you, stupid Nest.
  • image manatee21:

...any clothes in the committee's possession will be given to charity.

What about the clothes she still has??

source:?http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081204/pl_politico/16209?

• Can I run for office? Please? I don't want to win. I just want the clothes.
  • image JenzillaMay06:
    Can I run for office? Please? I don't want to win. I just want the clothes.

exactly what ?I'm thinking...?

• No surprise.  They reported that lots of low level staffers purchased items with their personal credit cards and that the reimbursement requests would be trickling in for a while.
    Anything you can achieve through hard work, you could also just buy.
  • Sure this is mostly the fault of her handlers, but I seriously doubt she was upset about receiving it all.

It's not really relevant other than the issue of the campaign's inefficiency, but it's still fun.  Better than reading about Speidi's wedding (barf).

"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • Accessories???!?!

I wonder if this scarf was included in that bill...

with donkeys all over it, and no elephants...

what genius "low level staffer" bought this one?

The Girl is 5. The Boy is 2. The Dog is 1.

image image

I am the 99%.
  • Re: the scarf - this weekend at the fabric store I saw that fabric!!  Well, something VERY similar, anyways.  There were two kinds - one with donkeys that said Democrat and one with elephants that said Republican.  I wonder if the fabric was inspired by the scarf or vice versa?  Or maybe its just a coincidence.
    Anything you can achieve through hard work, you could also just buy.
  • image pixy_stix:
    I wonder if the cost includes her sparkly flag pin.

She should have just made one out of plastic and rhinestone stickers, like mine!

• image _Fenton:

Sure this is mostly the fault of her handlers, but I seriously doubt she was upset about receiving it all.

It's not really relevant other than the issue of the campaign's inefficiency, but it's still fun.  Better than reading about Speidi's wedding (barf).

It's also interesting for what it says about her own executive oversight abilities (or lack thereof), the suddenness of her celebrity, and the lack of substance behind it. Was she really just a tool of the campaign? didn't she have any say in the manufacturing process of her own image?

• I don't see what the problem is that money was spent on her clothes or accessories - she has to look good to campaign.  Of course the GOP is going to buy her stuff. 
  • image weddnovice:
    I don't see what the problem is that money was spent on her clothes or accessories - she has to look good to campaign.  Of course the GOP is going to buy her stuff. 

The problem is that it was tax payer money that paid for it.

So it goes.
  • image Emmybean:

image weddnovice:
    I don't see what the problem is that money was spent on her clothes or accessories - she has to look good to campaign.  Of course the GOP is going to buy her stuff. 

The problem is that it was tax payer money that paid for it.

It was given to the party to campaign with.  They needed their candidate to look good.  Who cares?  That money would have just paid for an extra add on TV.  It's stupid to nit pick about they way they spend it.   

• I know this is vulgar, but I don't give a _fuck what she spends on clothes. Seriously.
    "HOW many US citizens and ranchers have been decapitated in Arizona by roving bands of paperless aliens, and how will a requirement that I have papers on me make that not happen?"courtesy of SueSue