Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Re: FFC's

• The engagement party we're going to tomorrow is a pig roast. I'm afraid I'm going to vomit if I see the pig. I'm also super judgey as to why anyone would choose to have a pig roast in the first place, let alone an engagement party.
  • I bought a big combo bag of Reeses PB cups and Kit Kats, the Halloween size, little ones; on Tuesday.  It's about 2/3 of the way gone, but at least it wasn't just me eating it all.  DH comes up last night to ask me "how many PB cups would you say is an excessive amount to have at one time,"  I respond with 3 or 4.  He pauses and says "so then the 8 I just downed in like 2 minutes is way over excessive?"  And the guy is still freaking skinny, and this is the way he has eaten his entire life. 

Gracie-I would absolutely vomit if I saw a pig on a spit.  Actually seeing the animal, in full form, that you are supposed to eat from..I just couldn't handle it.  

I had a big, important briefing that I coordinated this morning.  I had back up in case I couldn't be here, but I really wanted to make it through it.  Now that I have, I'm done mentally with work.  I have a labor inducing acupuncture appointment scheduled this afternoon, my co-worker and I are going for frozen yogurt in a few minutes, so I would be perfectly content to have this baby sometime this weekend and be out until the first of the year.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our daycare is a FOR PROFIT institution. I'm sorry, but I find the fundraisers they hold to be in bad taste. As a business, should you adequately budget for things like school supplies and books for the classrooms. If you don't have enough, maybe you (the owners) should consider taking a smaller cut. Our center has several sites, so it's not like it's a home daycare...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image Cooper81:

I bought a big combo bag of Reeses PB cups and Kit Kats, the Halloween size, little ones; on Tuesday.  It's about 2/3 of the way gone, but at least it wasn't just me eating it all.  DH comes up last night to ask me "how many PB cups would you say is an excessive amount to have at one time,"  I respond with 3 or 4.  He pauses and says "so then the 8 I just downed in like 2 minutes is way over excessive?"  And the guy is still freaking skinny, and this is the way he has eaten his entire life. 

Gracie-I would absolutely vomit if I saw a pig on a spit.  Actually seeing the animal, in full form, that you are supposed to eat from..I just couldn't handle it.  

I had a big, important briefing that I coordinated this morning.  I had back up in case I couldn't be here, but I really wanted to make it through it.  Now that I have, I'm done mentally with work.  I have a labor inducing acupuncture appointment scheduled this afternoon, my co-worker and I are going for frozen yogurt in a few minutes, so I would be perfectly content to have this baby sometime this weekend and be out until the first of the year.

That is why I don't keep candy in the house. Neither DH nor I have any self control. Same goes for Girl Scout cookies, though I do buy them.

And yay!! I hope baby is here soon!!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • image gracie2762:
    The engagement party we're going to tomorrow is a pig roast. I'm afraid I'm going to vomit if I see the pig. I'm also super judgey as to why anyone would choose to have a pig roast in the first place, let alone an engagement party.

My cousin's fraternity had a pig roast when he graduated from college and we all went. I did see the pig, but it was pretty easy to avoid if I really wanted to. Also, I was expecting ham to come out of that pig, not pork, and I was disappointed. I am an idiot.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • And my own confession...My SIL is always saying how much she wants a smart phone but her husband is super frugal (to a fault) and lays this huge guilt trip on her about how it's not "necessary" and he doesn't want her to get one, but he won't stop her. So she just continues to talk about how much she wants one and it annoys the crap out of me. But I think I just successfully convinced her to go buy one on her lunch break!!! Devil She picked a cheap one with a pay-as-you-go plan so I don't see what the big deal is.

BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • image SarahKate31:

image gracie2762:
    The engagement party we're going to tomorrow is a pig roast. I'm afraid I'm going to vomit if I see the pig. I'm also super judgey as to why anyone would choose to have a pig roast in the first place, let alone an engagement party.

My cousin's fraternity had a pig roast when he graduated from college and we all went. I did see the pig, but it was pretty easy to avoid if I really wanted to. Also, I was expecting ham to come out of that pig, not pork, and I was disappointed. I am an idiot.

Bahahahahaha, this made me LOL so hard! I don't know why, it just did.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image madladybride:

Our daycare is a FOR PROFIT institution. I'm sorry, but I find the fundraisers they hold to be in bad taste. As a business, should you adequately budget for things like school supplies and books for the classrooms. If you don't have enough, maybe you (the owners) should consider taking a smaller cut. Our center has several sites, so it's not like it's a home daycare...

duude - so with you.  Have you seen teh library books there yet?  Ugh

I continue to be annoyed w/ the fellow adults in my family that can't get it together to organize a birthday party celebration. 

I don't really have anything flameable to add.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers