Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

FFFC anyone?

Let 'em out here if you got 'em!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: FFFC anyone?

• I really, really, really hate that my husband hunts but I'm looking forward to having the house to myself on Saturdays soon.
  • I have a few.  

I was going through old photos the other day and it may me really depressed.  I've put on 30lbs since 2006.  I know what I need to do to lose the weight but I whine about it instead of doing something about it.    DH doesn't understand but people give me do much junk at work! For example, the other day I turned down chips, pizza, a donut, and caramel popcorn but I drank the chai tea latte and ate a cookie.  He says I just need to say no to all of it but it's hard.  I've been to the gym twice this week and plan to go twice this weekend.   

We had a perfect plan for October.  My parents were going to fly up on the 5th, go to nephew's soccer game on the 6th, go to RennFest with us on the 7th, then fly to San Antonio on the 8th and fly home to SC on the 12th.  I planned a staycation for DH and I October 12th - 16th.  It was a perfect plan.   Now, my parents just informed me they are not going home to SC on the 12th but are coming back here for the weekend! That defeats the purpose of using three vacation days to spend quality time with DH.  I cannot cancel the days so I'm stuck having them off.  My sister said she'll keep them busy but it's not the same. 

Steak and Tomato - our foodie photo journal

Married Bio

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wen9ehn/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wen9ehn/weight.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • My eyes hurt. I've always had issues with dry eyes, but contacts make it worse. I had to wear my glasses today because my eyes hurt too much for contacts and if I wear my glasses I can't wear sunglasses and the sun hurts my eyes even more.

My face is breaking out like crazy, which almost never happens to me, so I'm thinking I've been eating too much chocolate lately Embarrassed

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • My cleaning girl acts like a complete crackhead sometimes.  she flakes out on me and reschedules probably 30% of the time. some days she does a great job and other days she totally halfasses it. I should probably fire her but she's really cheap and until she steals from me or something I will probably just deal with it because I sure as hell don't have the time or energy to clean it myself.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This isn't really flameful, but a vent of my frustration.  We had plans to re-do our back patio, it was really needed.  The plan included removing 2 tree's that are so big the roots have destroyed any level surface.  The tree removal was $600 a tree, and then additional $ depending on how much work it was to grind the stumps.  So we were going to do that this fall, hold off and look into getting the crumbling brick patio replaced.  That is now out the window.  Cooper started sneezing a few weeks ago, but both our dogs have weird allergies we just thought it was that.  Earlier this week he started sneezing blood.  It looked like he killed a small animal in our house, his white coat was covered in blood spatter and so was the area he sleeps in most of the day.  He went in for a CT this morning, I was not expecting a $1000 just for the CT, which takes about 2 minutes.  First and foremost we are really concerned that it is something serious that would take him away from us, he was my first baby and I feel sick thinking it could be something serious.  But also, I feel like everytime we get the extra $ to finally do something substantial to the house, which would increase the value and our enjoyment, something like this happens. A few years ago it was our cat with the $3500 UTI/blockage surgery, now this.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Cooper81:
    This isn't really flameful, but a vent of my frustration.  We had plans to re-do our back patio, it was really needed.  The plan included removing 2 tree's that are so big the roots have destroyed any level surface.  The tree removal was $600 a tree, and then additional $ depending on how much work it was to grind the stumps.  So we were going to do that this fall, hold off and look into getting the crumbling brick patio replaced.  That is now out the window.  Cooper started sneezing a few weeks ago, but both our dogs have weird allergies we just thought it was that.  Earlier this week he started sneezing blood.  It looked like he killed a small animal in our house, his white coat was covered in blood spatter and so was the area he sleeps in most of the day.  He went in for a CT this morning, I was not expecting a $1000 just for the CT, which takes about 2 minutes.  First and foremost we are really concerned that it is something serious that would take him away from us, he was my first baby and I feel sick thinking it could be something serious.  But also, I feel like everytime we get the extra $ to finally do something substantial to the house, which would increase the value and our enjoyment, something like this happens. A few years ago it was our cat with the $3500 UTI/blockage surgery, now this.

I hope Cooper is okay - that sounds scary!! Vet bills can get really high :/

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • I'm annoyed w/ my FIL.  He had back surgery a few weeks ago and while I totally sympathsize that's its difficult and painful, he's being a ridiculous drama queen about the recovery.  He refuses to stay off his feet or take a normal dose of painkillers, let alone advil.  Everything's all jacked up down there while he's recovering, so he's having various issues w/ his private parts and is convinced he's gotten colon cancer/prostate cancer - and he keeps discussing his various issues w/ erections, bowel movements, etc.  His doctor also told him to keep a healthy diet, so his digestive system is working well and consipation isnt' increasing his problems - so he eats chili and oysters instead of whole grains, fruits and vegetables.

He came to dinner w/us last night for DH's birthday - he had to leave the table 4 times to walk around (but there were lots of sighs and grunts and discussion about him getting up).  He got teary at one point b/c he was in pain.  Meanwhile, he won't take the medicine that's been prescribed for him or even advil, but talks endlessly about how much pain he's in.  It was really uncomfortable and stressful and DH concluded that he doesn't even want to go out for dinner this weekend alone b/c he won't be able to relax w/ his Dad suffering in pain while we are gone.  And, we don't want his mom to have to drive home from our house alone at 11 pm either. 

I really truly am sympathetic to his pain, but he's not doing his best to manage or minimize it, but yet he's making a major production of making sure everyone else is aware of his situation.  I really dont' get it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Cooper - Hope he's okay!
  • I love my furbabies and DH but I am looking forward to a work trip next week so I can sleep alone a couple of nights and get some allergy relief (from furbabies, not from DH) and a bed to myself (from all three!)
    [IMG]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m116/catspajamas83/BaileyInstagram-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m116/catspajamas83/Jamesoneyes-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • DH has had 2 business trips since Victor was born and has another one coming up next week.  I get that he is working while he is gone, but I am SO sick of hearing how tired he is when he gets home.  Dude- you slept for 10 hours straight, 4 nights in a row, while I was home juggling working full time and taking care of a 2 year old and an infant..  I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT HOW TIRED YOU ARE!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers