Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Tuesday randoms, vents, AW, etc.

What's on your mind? Get it out here!

Warning, my vent is long! I edited it to make it easier and shorter to read :-) 

I need to vent about this charity event I'm involved in. It's a performance to benefit the local children's theatre and performing arts at the college. I'm on the board at the children's theatre, as I did a lot of acting and singing growing up, but I haven't done any actual performances since high school. When this guy from this charity came to the children's theatre to ask us to partner with his fund to do a benefit that was musical cabaret, I thought "how fun. this would be a great way to ease back into doing some local theatre. It shouldn't be too time-consuming."

No, this guy expects the cast, which is mostly teenagers with a few adults sprinkled in -- to drop everything all the time for this show, which runs the last weekend of september.

We were only supposed to have wednesday rehearsal this week, but he added rehearsal monday and tuesday. He had Saturday and Sunday TBA on the original schedule, I asked him last night to give me times, and he wouldn't give me an end time for either day. Uh, I have other things going on in my life! And then we have to be there every single evening next week, but I can't complain about that because I knew that. It jsut wouldn't be as irritating if I wasn't giving up my whole weekend and part of this week, too.

The kicker is that he emails the cast this morning (remember, most of these kids are in school) and says that he needs to know ASAP if we can be at the theatre tomorrow morning because there's an opportunity to be on the morning news. I tell him I have to be at work at 8:30, and he has the nerve to say I should ask my boss if I can be late. Excuse me? This is my JOB. I want to drop out, but know I am committed. I want him to kick me out, truthfully, but I'm not enough of a trouble-maker to make that happen.  

Re: Tuesday randoms, vents, AW, etc.

• I am in the biggest food rut. NOTHING sounds appetizing to me at all anymore. I don't have the energy to make drawn out fancy recipes when I get home. I end up eating cereal for dinner a couple nights a week.

Other than that its my typical rants that I have vented about a million times. I want out of my house, desperately, and would practically sell my soul to do so. Politics is driving me nuts....I am seriously biting my tongue on FB constantly. Ergh.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • They finally charged the guy who caused the fatal car accident in front of my house this past winter. He has 17 charges!!!

My family is also dealing with something very serious that someone did and I just found out the preliminary has now been postponed for the 3rd time. I don't understand how they can keep postponing it and it pisses me off. They need to be in jail but instead they are out on bail enjoying life. 

I had a breakdown again this morning missing my Zeekie. I cry every single day still but not as this morning.

• DH has been cooking dinner every night for the past week or so. It's a nice change of pace and we've been eating some new meals. But since he's cooking, I have to do the dishes which I HATE.

DH is in the process of quitting smoking which is as awesome as it is sucky. I know how hard it is and I've quit many times myself (and never really been totally successful long term, truth be told) so I'm sympathetic. I am. But ugh, he's CRANKY.

I am SO excited for all the stuff we're going to be doing to our house in the next couple months!! I can't wait to start. I keep meaning to start packing up some kitchen stuff in the evenings, but then I am too tired and nothing gets done. Plus I'm not sure where I'm going to put stuff once I pack it up.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • Already AW'd my trip so obviously that's in the front of my mind.

Vent- I'm sort of pissed off at one of my brothers.  I went to the beach last week with my parents but came home Wednesday rather then staying the whole week.  The place we were staying at was on the second floor.  My parents are almost 70 and shouldn't be carrying the bags and stuff down 2 flights of stairs (Me and my eldest brother carried everything in for them).  I called my middle brother Thursday night to chat and to casually mention, "hey, I know you're going to the beach this weekend and that your trip is just coincidental of mom and dad's, but it would be nice if Saturday morning you stopped over to their place and helped them get their stuff down to the car."  He said sure, no problem.  Stopped at my parents house Sunday night and casually asked how they made it out and if they had problems getting everything down the steps expecting them to say "No, your brother came and helped" but they didn't.  I didn't pry and tell them that I asked him to help, but I was shocked/pissed when I heard he didn't. 

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g160/truthserum607/2012%20MLB%20Cap%20logo%20set/Baltimore_Orioles.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac339/VSNResources/Madden%20Resources/160x160%20Round%20Logos/Baltimore_Ravens.png[/IMG]
  • Vent: DH and I have been TTC since June, so not too long. However, I noticed that my charts were only showing 5-6 days after O before my period came, which I came to find out was bad. I got bloodwork done, and we meet with a RE doc next month. I Dr. Googled the results, and it looks like it's low progesterone. And my FSH is higher than my LH, which I read was better than the other way around. The other way I read can indicate PCOS. DH and I already had the talk about how far we're willing to go, and decided that we didn't want to do shots, IUI or IVF. Not judging anyone who did do that, it's just not for us. We'd love to have a baby, but are also happy with just the two of us. So, fingers crossed it's an easy fix!

AW: My boss is switching to another division, so I'm next in line for her managerial role. I have a meeting with the division head in a couple of weeks and am really hoping it means a decent pay bump.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image EverAfter07:

Vent: DH and I have been TTC since June, so not too long. However, I noticed that my charts were only showing 5-6 days after O before my period came, which I came to find out was bad. I got bloodwork done, and we meet with a RE doc next month. I Dr. Googled the results, and it looks like it's low progesterone. And my FSH is higher than my LH, which I read was better than the other way around. The other way I read can indicate PCOS. DH and I already had the talk about how far we're willing to go, and decided that we didn't want to do shots, IUI or IVF. Not judging anyone who did do that, it's just not for us. We'd love to have a baby, but are also happy with just the two of us. So, fingers crossed it's an easy fix!

Not sure if you are willing to do it, or if you consider it "too far", I was able to get pregnant via acupuncture. It helped to regulate my cycles and normalize my luteal phase.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'd definitely do acupuncture! I actually already signed up for a consult/first appointment. I've heard it's really helped a lot of women. Glad to know it worked for you, thanks for telling me. I'm looking forward to trying it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image EverAfter07:

Vent: DH and I have been TTC since June, so not too long. However, I noticed that my charts were only showing 5-6 days after O before my period came, which I came to find out was bad. I got bloodwork done, and we meet with a RE doc next month. I Dr. Googled the results, and it looks like it's low progesterone. And my FSH is higher than my LH, which I read was better than the other way around. The other way I read can indicate PCOS. DH and I already had the talk about how far we're willing to go, and decided that we didn't want to do shots, IUI or IVF. Not judging anyone who did do that, it's just not for us. We'd love to have a baby, but are also happy with just the two of us. So, fingers crossed it's an easy fix!

AW: My boss is switching to another division, so I'm next in line for her managerial role. I have a meeting with the division head in a couple of weeks and am really hoping it means a decent pay bump.

I'm sorry you're having some issues with TTC. Good luck, hon!

And best of luck on the potential promotion!! 

ed + dani 10.31.08 | miranda 04.10.07 | liam 09.06.12
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2jezlp3.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2rx75vm.jpg[/IMG]
  • image EverAfter07:

I'm sorry you're having some issues with TTC. Good luck, hon!

And best of luck on the potential promotion!! 

• I hate daycare colds. Both kids were sick the week we were on vacation and then DH got it and guess who came down with it on Saturday?? Me! I'm still chugging along, but I feel awful. 

In other news Annabelle will be three years old in two weeks. How the heck did that happen? We have been discussing her party and she seems excited. Mommy would be happy if half of the kids I invited didn't show. Embarrassed

image, image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Our power was out at work for half the day yesterday and it sucked. Mostly b/c I couldn't get on the internet and I was so bored! There is only so much filing a girl can do to occupy herself.
  • image madladybride:
    image EverAfter07:

Not sure if you are willing to do it, or if you consider it "too far", I was able to get pregnant via acupuncture. It helped to regulate my cycles and normalize my luteal phase.

I'll jump on the acupuncture train, not for myself but a friend.  She was not ovulating at all on her own with PCOS, she took clomid (sp?) and got PG, but had a late loss.  She had to go off and did acupuncture (never back on the clomid) and just had a completely healthy baby a few weeks ago.  She also had acupuncture the night before he due date, woke up on her due date, went into labor and had the baby that afternoon.  She swears by acupuncture, and I've heard many other stories as well.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • **BIG WAVE**

Hello everyone.  I've been completely MIA for a little while. My vent - I was laid off/let go at the end of July and have been job hunting since then.  It's so disconserting.  While unemployment helps, it's not a job or a regular paycheck.  I've been trying to stay positive and spend every morning on the computer sending out resumes, cover letters, follow-ups....you name it.  It's not easy...mentally.

Random - since I've been MIA, I've noticed a few of you are expecting again - CONGRATS!!!  And a H&H 9 months to you.

Dani - Congrats...Liam is so precious.

• image smange10.10:

**BIG WAVE**

Hello everyone.  I've been completely MIA for a little while. My vent - I was laid off/let go at the end of July and have been job hunting since then.  It's so disconserting.  While unemployment helps, it's not a job or a regular paycheck.  I've been trying to stay positive and spend every morning on the computer sending out resumes, cover letters, follow-ups....you name it.  It's not easy...mentally.

I'm so sorry! Hope you find something soon!

• Thank you all, I really appreciate it! I am most definitely going to do acupuncture. I am so glad to hear directly that it helped you/women you know. I've always been curious about it anyway, so I'm really looking forward to it now. Big Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh no, I'm sorry to hear this! I hope you find something new asap!! Hope you and R are doing well!!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • image smange10.10:

**BIG WAVE**

Random - since I've been MIA, I've noticed a few of you are expecting again - CONGRATS!!!  And a H&H 9 months to you.

Dani - Congrats...Liam is so precious.

I'm so sorry you're dealing with unemployment! It can be so discouraging :( Best of luck finding something ASAP!

And thank you! We like him :)