Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Bridal Shows?

My best friend just got engaged and is likely going to get married in Bethany Beach, DE. Her mom is trying to get her to go to a bridal show at the Crofton Country Club and we think it will probably be a waste of time. Did anyone find bridal fairs useful? I'm just thinking that the vendors she'll meet there likely won't even travel that far.

Re: Bridal Shows?

• I didn't...but I still liked going to them
  • I went once, to the one in Baltimore. I got lots of information, business cards, and some free samples. I can't remember I used any of the vendors. But in 2006 when I was planning my wedding the Knot was very active and I got a lot of information from there too.
    image, image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I never went to one; I'd never even heard of them until the Knot.

Unless it was free, I probably wouldn't go.  Its mostly just a marketing opportunity for vendors - so I wouldn't pay for that.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I went to a big one at the Convention Center... it was helpful. I booked a photo booth there that came from the Eastern Shore, so you never know where vendors are traveling from. I also found my dj there. I also went to one at Timonium Fairgrounds and found my bakery there. There is usually free food/cake samples. Even if you aren't interested in meeting new vendors, they might have table settings, decor ideas, photo poses, etc. that she could take away or use for inspiration. Honestly, I think it was more my mom's idea to go, but they were fun afternoons with her.
    [IMG]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m116/catspajamas83/BaileyInstagram-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m116/catspajamas83/Jamesoneyes-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • Amusingly, the show that you refer to at the Crofton Country Club is for the magazine I manage, What's Up? Weddings! (though I'm not really involved in putting together the show). 

Ironically, my wedding photographer and good friend who lives in Selbyville, Delaware, will be a vendor at the Crofton show...so perhaps not totally useless? Plus, most wedding vendors in Annapolis area absolutely WILL travel to the beach. Without going too far to "sell" our show, we do it a little differently by limiting the number of types of vendors at the show, so you won't be bombarded by a trillion photographers and nothing else. Also, we have free Champagne and hors d'eourves, so that's a bonus :-p  
  • image misscastle:
    Amusingly, the show that you refer to at the Crofton Country Club is for the magazine I manage, What's Up? Weddings! (though I'm not really involved in putting together the show). 

Ironically, my wedding photographer and good friend who lives in Selbyville, Delaware, will be a vendor at the Crofton show...so perhaps not totally useless? Plus, most wedding vendors in Annapolis area absolutely WILL travel to the beach. Without going too far to "sell" our show, we do it a little differently by limiting the number of types of vendors at the show, so you won't be bombarded by a trillion photographers and nothing else. Also, we have free Champagne and hors d'eourves, so that's a bonus :-p  

That actually does sound pretty good but she just made other plans that day. Who was your wedding photographer? You can PM me if you'd like. TIA!

• Holly Blood from Photos by Holly.  http://photosbyholly.smugmug.com/

I know I'm biased, but I adore her. Her prices are so reasonable compared to others around here.