Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Bad manners?

Just curious as to yall's thoughts on this...

Last night we had two couples come over. Both of the guy's are DH's college buddies & their fiances came as well. D&K did not bring anything. They flew in from NYC for the week because D is in law school up at NYU. We told them not to bring anything. We also told T&S not to bring anything either. Basically, we'd take care of all the stuff for dinner and any alcohol. So yesterday Taylor & I went to the store & got all the stuff for dinner and then we went over to Goody Goody to get some "cheap Texas beer" as D requested & a bottle of wine.

Well, D&K got to our house at 3:30 like expected, but T&S were extremely late & didn't show up until close to 7. T&S showed up with a bottle of wine & before I noticed they had it I asked S if she wanted some of the wine I was drinking. I told her what it was & she said, "oh yes! perfect! that's what we brought over. I was hoping yall liked it". Anywho... by the end of the night we almost finished off my bottle of wine (it was a big one too), but we hadn't touched the one they brought over. This morning I noticed they took the unopened bottle of wine with them when they left.

Sorry that was so long, but I was just wondering if yall thought that was tacky? I kind of do. If I'm going to bring bottle of wine or anything over to a dinner get together I think of it as a little gift for the host & hostess. That's what I was always taught.

Re: Bad manners?

• yep - life lesson...always open their bottle(s) and slide yours away  :)

A half bottle of wine left over is better than a full one they take back home with them.

• 3 1/2 hours late?  Why even show up?  That would piss me off more than the wine.  Either way, both couples are extremely rude and discourteous.  Doubt I'd invite them over again.
    Todd & Kristin, 3.10.07

After 5.5 years of loss, heartbreak, and empty arms, our dreams were fulfilled through the beautiful, selfless gift of adoption. We are amazingly blessed!

Blog About Us | Blog About RPL/IF/Adoption

image image

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image clea:

yep - life lesson...always open their bottle(s) and slide yours away  :)

A half bottle of wine left over is better than a full one they take back home with them.

LOL no kidding!! :)

• image kekis:
    3 1/2 hours late?  Why even show up?  That would piss me off more than the wine.  Either way, both couples are extremely rude and discourteous.  Doubt I'd invite them over again.

Not both couples...just the one. :) The same couple who was 3 1/2 hrs late were the ones who took the bottle of wine back with them when they left!!

I'm not sure why they were so late. I doubt we will invite them over again. I think it made Taylor even more mad then it did me!

• I think the only way I would invite them back over is if they were to host you guys at their house sometime and provide the wine haha! Then, maybe I would consider it. But otherwise, no. ?Just my .02!??

• Agreed. ?When you bring wine over, it's considered a gift and regardless of whether it's consumed or not, it stays with the host.

?I like the idea someone else had to immediately open up their bottle of wine and kinda tuck yours away--you can put a stopper in it and finish it later!

I wouldn't invite them over again either--more for being 3.5 hours late than being cheap and keeping their wine!

Seriously, I wonder what people like that are thinking sometimes...?

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree w/ all yall! We told both couples not to worry about bringing anything at all, and when T&S showed up with the wine I thought, "what a nice gesture" especially after being so late! I guess I was wrong!
  • Extremely tacky. We take a bottle of tequila to our friends' annual party celebrating the beverage and we don't even take that back (everybody brings their favorite bottle). Needless to say, our friends end up with lots of tequila, but they share it at other gatherings throughout the year. I figure leaving a bottle of tequila (usually unopened or barely used) is the least I can do for them hosting the event and providing the main food.

Oh, and I have issues with people even being 30 minutes late to something when they know very well what the start time is. That's even more tacky and reason enough to not invite them back.

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2rqynow.jpg[/IMG]

Proud Doxie Mommy

Cooking Blog Family Blog TTC Blog

TTC since Sept. 2009

HSG 9/10 = all clear

AMH and internal sono 3/11 = normal

SA 4/11 = normal

next steps = plan to start treatments mid-2012

BFP 3/13 after two and half years
  • 3 1/2 hours late? I'd be embarrased to even show up at that point, esp if it was a dinner party. That's super rude. It doesn't suprise me that they would take back their bottle of wine if they started off that rude, but that is rude gesture #2. Wow- I wouldn't invite them back, and I'd think about finding some other friends!!
  • I think I know these people Stick out tongue

• Extremely tacky! Next time go to there place and make sure you open there bottle of wine and take yours home. ;)