Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Food Network Star? *possible spoilers*

Is anybody watching this? Do you like the new team format? Who's your favorite/least favorite?

Re: Food Network Star? *possible spoilers*

• Team Ippy!!!!
  • I was sad to see the person who went go but I can't stand Marty and I don't know why she is still there. She just seems so frantic all the time.
    Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.”
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Team Justin.

I swear I've seen him and Michelle on previous FN shows - I think Michelle was on Chopped. Not sure where I saw Justin before but he's so familiar.

Summer is here, it's swimming time!
    [IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2245/5771111605_6799799052_m.jpg[/IMG]
  • I am TOTALLY Team Justin. He's so kooky and such an out of the box thinker that I've been a fan of his from the beginning. I also love the the interaction between him and Alton..I would love to see a show with them together.

Michele looks familiar to me too. I think it was Chopped.

• image Jenni232323:

Team Justin.

I swear I've seen him and Michelle on previous FN shows - I think Michelle was on Chopped. Not sure where I saw Justin before but he's so familiar.

This exactly.

I sort of like the new format.  I like the coaches being in competition.  Although I feel like it takes some mystery out of who goes home because they seem to be trying to keep the teams pretty even.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I don't love the new format.  And I don't have the Justin love.  He seems like kind of an a-hole to me.  A little too full of himself. 

Although, to be fair, I'm not really loving anyone who's left right now.  Maybe Ippy - and I feel he's getting the short end of the stick for being laid back.  I just don't see how that's working against him.

Master of Disguise
  • I don't love Giada's team and I'm over Alton's team (though I love Alton!).  I'm over Emily's "retro" style and Justin just annoys me.  I guess I'm team Bobby.  I like Nikki.

<3 <3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3 <3

• We like Justin but not as much as last year's winner or Artie. Not loving the team format but I think it's cool that they get producer credit if their team wins. I am so over Grill next door. SHE is not a grill, but she keeps saying, "I am the grill..." 

Giada's team is forgettable and I think it's hilarious how much Alton dislikes her and doesn't try to hide it at all. Michelle was on Chopped. I was thrilled to never hear "retro rad" again. I think Malcom is done in the next couple of weeks.  

image image
    Izzy and Baby A ~ Adorable Punks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maybe it's Justin's ultra yellow teeth and ruby red teeth that turn me off from him.  I wouldn't want to watch that all the time.

<3 <3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3 <3

• At first I wasn't wild on the team set up but as the show went on I really liked and I think it forced people to show themselves off more so they didn't get sucked into the background of their team.  I really like Yvan - he has a good story, he's good looking, and always makes some interesting dishes.  He is maybe a little quiet but I think he's trying to focus on making good food while presenting himself to the judges.  I also like Martita but for the past 3 weeks she's missed so many opportunities to sell herself and her story that she's starting to fade for me.

I really don't like Justin - too cocky and extreme for my taste.  Also, Martie needs to go.  She's too slow in her progress and she never gets to the point of any story.

Anniversary