Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

NBR- I've been crafty this week (AW & PIPs)

So MH was away, so my sewing machine came out to play! I have been collecting fabric with big plans of making stuff, but just never get around to it when MH is home because I make a mess of our kitchen to sew.

So I have a favourite skirt and decided I wanted more like it (the style) so I measured it out and made one and it turned out like this

Photo

Not too shabby for not having an actuall pattern! I changed the waistband a bit from the original as well and it is super comfy. So than I made two more (actually one is still a WIP).

Photo

Than I made an easy jersey skirt (but all I have is a blurry pic)

Photo

Anyways I just had to share!!!!

Re: NBR- I've been crafty this week (AW & PIPs)

• Very cute!  Love them!
    [IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk52/BarbACameron/b7ee45a2ce0ae157bb1642c270620cb7.jpg[/IMG]

my read shelf:
  • I'm so envious of your skills! Seriously. I want just a fraction of your talent.

The look great!  I would kill for some cute jersey skirts for the summer.

116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012

• Very cute!  I love the print of the 1st skirt!

• image SnShne322:

I'm so envious of your skills! Seriously. I want just a fraction of your talent.

Ditto all of this.  You're very talented!

Books read in 2009: 112
    Books read in 2010: 153
    Books read in 2011: 160
    Books read in 2012: 134
    Books read in 2013: 110
    Books read in 2014: 151
    Books read in 2015: 153
    Books read in 2016: 31

Leah (packfan20)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Lilypie - (Bh7p)

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/1zWJm6.png
    <a href="//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" style="height: 20px; width: 40px; position: absolute; opacity: 0.85; z-index: 8675309; display: none; cursor: pointer; border: medi
  • image SnShne322:

I'm so envious of your skills! Seriously. I want just a fraction of your talent.

Nice work!

Sarah's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • fabkfabk member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer

Thanks ladies!! I really enjoy doing stuff like this. If only I had my library/craft room, I would be able to get more sewing in.

Honestly the Jersey skirt was so frigging easy, if you do have a sewing machine, anyone could make it.

• image fabk:

Thanks ladies!! I really enjoy doing stuff like this. If only I had my library/craft room, I would be able to get more sewing in.

Honestly the Jersey skirt was so frigging easy, if you do have a sewing machine, anyone could make it.

You've inspired me to get a needle for my machine, then some material.  I've made skirts without using patterns, and it is easy for simple styles!

Sarah's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I love that second skirt! Very cute
    Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.”
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image fabk:

I have two sewing machines that were given to me, but I don't have the slighest clue what to do with them! I haven't touched a sewing machine since home ec in 7th grade.  I might consider learning though. Big Smile

116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012

• fabkfabk member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    image HB's Girl:
    image fabk:

You've inspired me to get a needle for my machine, then some material.  I've made skirts without using patterns, and it is easy for simple styles!

http://pinterest.com/pin/89649848802820704/ This is where I saw the jersey skirt. It only took about 20 mins to make. SUPER EASY!

• dmlk413dmlk413 member
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Love Its Name Dropper

Those skirts look great!  I am so jealous, I can't sew to save my life!

My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image fabk:
    image HB's Girl:
    image fabk:

http://pinterest.com/pin/89649848802820704/ This is where I saw the jersey skirt. It only took about 20 mins to make. SUPER EASY!

Thanks!

• Ooh! I love those!

My new bff Gayle Forman!

“You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control"
    - Gayle Forman
    "People talk about escapism as if it's a bad thing... Once you've escaped, once you come back, the world is not the same as when you left it. You come back to it with skills, weapons, knowledge you didn't have before. Then you are better equipped to deal with your current reality."
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• You did a great job. They look so good!!!
  • I wish I could sew! I can hardly draw in a straight line though so I doubt it would go well.

• NannaNanna member
    5000 Comments Seventh Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    Great job! I'm adding a skirt to my pile of projects to attempt, now. But first, I need to make the curtains for my boys' playroom!
    imageimageimage
  • They look great. Keep it up.
    Anniversary