Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

NBR: Embarrassing Moments

So the super explosive hand washer soaked the sink again today and once again, I look like I peed my pants since my shirt is now soaked.  I all but ran back to my desk and I will hide here until it dries.

So, do you have any embarassing moments to share?

Since mine is a repeat, here is another.  For an embarrassingly long amount of time, I thought there were two White Houses.  One in Washington DC, and one in Washington state.  I didn't understand when I was little that they were two totally different places, and it somehow just stuck in my brain.   I don't even want to admit how old I was that I finally realized there was only one.  And yes, I did get caught in public with that information. I took a long time for that one to go away.Embarrassed

116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Wes: 10/8/2012

Re: NBR: Embarrassing Moments

• I worked at a photo studio in the mall.  We were required to wear khaki pants.  Well, with my rear end, khakis do not fit well, and with all the physical work we did (stand, kneel, sit, repeat endlessly), it's no wonder they wore out.  So, in my photo space, there was a mirror behind me, so that the people could see themselves in the mirror and my backside.  Well, I tore the seam in the butt of my pants.  And I didn't know.  I was leaning over plenty of times to get a baby's attention, so the gap increased when I bent over.  I finally realized there was a breeze, put a sweater around my waist, and went shopping.

The worst part--AF was in town, and you could tell I had sanitary items on my undergarments. Embarrassed (ETA, there is a photo of this on FB.  My name is not tagged with it, otherwise I would've let loose on a cw!)

Sarah's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image SnShne322:

So the super explosive hand washer soaked the sink again today and once again, I look like I peed my pants since my shirt is now soaked.  I all but ran back to my desk and I will hide here until it dries.

Oh no!!! Maybe you should wipe the sink before you use it everytime...annoying but clearly this person doesn't know how to wash their hands like a normal human being :-( Sorry!!

my read shelf:Jess (Shepherdjel)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image HB's Girl:

I worked at a photo studio in the mall.  We were required to wear khaki pants.  Well, with my rear end, khakis do not fit well, and with all the physical work we did (stand, kneel, sit, repeat endlessly), it's no wonder they wore out.  So, in my photo space, there was a mirror behind me, so that the people could see themselves in the mirror and my backside.  Well, I tore the seam in the butt of my pants.  And I didn't know.  I was leaning over plenty of times to get a baby's attention, so the gap increased when I bent over.  I finally realized there was a breeze, put a sweater around my waist, and went shopping.

The worst part--AF was in town, and you could tell I had sanitary items on my undergarments. Embarrassed (ETA, there is a photo of this on FB.  My name is not tagged with it, otherwise I would've let loose on a cw!)

You'd think someone would have mentioned that to you!

Ugh, AF stories are the worst. I can't even count how many accidents I had!

116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image Shepherdjel:
    image SnShne322:

Oh no!!! Maybe you should wipe the sink before you use it everytime...annoying but clearly this person doesn't know how to wash their hands like a normal human being :-( Sorry!!

I've been being so careful! I've wiped it up several times, but I think I just wasnt' paying attention.  I almost deserve it at this point though, since I should be checking every time!

116 books in 2016

my read shelf:

• fabkfabk member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer

My most embarassing moment was probably in HS. I have a big phobia of mice. I was sitting in my horrible gr 12 math class when one scurried across the front of the room. I had a full blown panic attack, screaming, crying, I actually jumped on the desk (I couldn't get to the door as the mouse was on that side of the room, otherwise I probably would have bolted out the door). It was horribly embarrassing.

**shivers**

The thing that kind of made it worse, is that some of the people in that class had gone to my grade school, and remembered that I was the one that caught the snake that had found its way into the classroom and took it outside to the forest. So there were lots of questions.

• I used to work in radio, and there was one time where I forgot to turn a mic off a few times. Nothing like the whole city hearing you fail at your job!
    Books read in 2012: 49
    my bookshelf!
    Katie (gingerfeathers)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Bloggy
  • I have two:

One: I went to call my mom from my desk phone and both my cell phone and her phone start with the same area code. I called my cell phone. Then, while on my desk phone, I noticed my cell phone ringing. It didn't quite register with me yet, so I answered my cell phone at the same time as I hung up my desk phone (because I can't call my mom and be on my cell phone) and I hear the person on the other end of my cell phone hang up so I hang up. It was then that I realized what I had done.

Two: My work has a security desk where we have to hit a badge to enter the building. The other day I tried to just walk right in without taping my badge and a buzzer went off. Thankfully the guys behind the desk just let me through when i realized my mistake and showed them I had an ID card and said "deep in thought eh?"

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.”
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• MrsC7MrsC7 member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    image NorthernLghts:

One: I went to call my mom from my desk phone and both my cell phone and her phone start with the same area code. I called my cell phone. Then, while on my desk phone, I noticed my cell phone ringing. It didn't quite register with me yet, so I answered my cell phone at the same time as I hung up my desk phone (because I can't call my mom and be on my cell phone) and I hear the person on the other end of my cell phone hang up so I hang up. It was then that I realized what I had done.

This made me laugh Smile

I have an embarrassing pee story.

I was on a tour bus from the Great Wall of China back to Beijing. The ride TO the Great Wall took 15 minutes. I assumed it would be the same coming back so I held my pee. WRONG. We got stuck in horrible traffic.

I finally reached my breaking point (literally thought I would explode) so I peed in a bottle. On a moving bus with 8 other strangers. My aim was not entirely accurate. Tongue Tied

I have never been more mortified in my life.

image imageimage
  • fabkfabk member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    image Mrs.C7:
    image NorthernLghts:

This made me laugh Smile

I was on a tour bus from the Great Wall of China back to Beijing. The ride TO the Great Wall took 15 minutes. I assumed it would be the same coming back so I held my pee. WRONG. We got stuck in horrible traffic.

I finally reached my breaking point (literally thought I would explode) so I peed in a bottle. On a moving bus with 8 other strangers. My aim was not entirely accurate. Tongue Tied

You are my absolute hero. Seriously. I don't know if I would have been able to do that on a bus. That is crazy!!!

• MrsC7MrsC7 member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    image fabk:
    image Mrs.C7:
    image NorthernLghts:

This made me laugh Smile

You are my absolute hero. Seriously. I don't know if I would have been able to do that on a bus. That is crazy!!!

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I was beyond desperate!

DH had to drag me to dinner. I threw a fit because I couldn't face all those people! Mercifully, not a single person mentioned the incident.

image imageimage
  • I walked around work yesterday with my shirt unbuttoned for hours.  Finally one of the construction boys mentioned something to me.  (The buttons were in the back of the shirt which is why I had no clue).  I was just glad I was wearing a cute bra.
    imageimageimage NESTIE FORMERLY KNOWN AS BOONEYBEAR. Stooooopid nest.
  • I walked around work yesterday with my shirt unbuttoned for hours.  Finally one of the construction boys mentioned something to me.  (The buttons were in the back of the shirt which is why I had no clue).  I was just glad I was wearing a cute bra.
    imageimageimage NESTIE FORMERLY KNOWN AS BOONEYBEAR. Stooooopid nest.
  • image SnShne322:
    image HB's Girl:

I worked at a photo studio in the mall.  We were required to wear khaki pants.  Well, with my rear end, khakis do not fit well, and with all the physical work we did (stand, kneel, sit, repeat endlessly), it's no wonder they wore out.  So, in my photo space, there was a mirror behind me, so that the people could see themselves in the mirror and my backside.  Well, I tore the seam in the butt of my pants.  And I didn't know.  I was leaning over plenty of times to get a baby's attention, so the gap increased when I bent over.  I finally realized there was a breeze, put a sweater around my waist, and went shopping.

You'd think someone would have mentioned that to you!

Ugh, AF stories are the worst. I can't even count how many accidents I had!

It was mortifying enough, but AF was icing on the cake!  Later, when the people came to pick up their prints, I ran in the back and had someone else help them...They weren't pleased with their photos and said they thought it was because the photog was embarassed about split pants. OMG I WAS TRYING TO PRETEND IT NEVER HAPPENED THANKS FOR BRINGING IT UP.

Sarah's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • The year was 1986 and I was a high school freshman.  One day I went to school wearing my new outfit that I thought I looked awesome in.  It consisted of a long red sweatshirt-type top with gold metallic lion head or something design from Express (back when it was The Limited Express, yes, I'm old), black knee-length legging, and a headband.  Imagine this, but with the headband being made of gold lame:

Want to take a guess at what nickname I earned that day and was never able to shake off in all four years of high school?

Rambo.

WTF was I thinking?

• Not my most embarrassing moment, but today during a staff meeting, I shifted in the chair during a quiet point in the pretty intense conversation, and my belt came in contact with the back of the chair and made the loudest farting noise on the planet!  Talk about comic relief in a stressful situation!  Wink

I think the worst was when I was on crutches and really had to pee.  I went into the restroom, and the floor was wet and my crutches went out from under me.  I landed hard on my knee, but my bladder also let go...I wanted to die!  And not only that, but I had to have someone take me home because it was my right foot in the cast and I wasn't able to drive and DH was at work.  I pretended like my pants were wet because I had landed on the wet floor.  Embarrassed

• this is my cw's embarrassing thing, but it happened yesterday and it was so weird... anyways, she's the art teacher, and she was pumping out some paint from this big dispenser (like those big ketchup things at burger joints), and it exploded all over her.  Well, she freaked, but it was black, and she had on a black top, once she got it off her face, it wasn't really noticeable. 

I went back to see her in afternoon, and she came out of the back room grumbling... well, this time she was carrying a bucket of green paint in a box, and the box's bottom fell out.. and yeah, paint everywhere.  But, get this: she had on green pants!  I was like, "you are the luckiest clumsy person I have ever met."

Is that not the weirdest thing? what are the odds that she's only dropping things that match what she has on? and she didn't get any black on her green pants, and she didn't get any green on her black shirt! (She did get green on her black shoes, but they're crocs, and the paint is water-based, so I'm sure it will come off).

• I went to a small Catholic elementary school (there were only 15 kids in my class/grade).  In 3rd or 4th grade, all of the girls loved to play Chinese jump rope (please tell me that you remember what that is...  basically a giant elastic band that went around your ankles & there was a person who jumped on & around it...)  

Anyway, we would try to challenge each other & raise it to our knees for the person jumping...  Well, one brainiac decided to raise it to our waists! Elastic band + Catholic school jumper uniforms don't mesh well & I flashed my undies to the entire class!  

I think they had teddy bears on them!!!   How mortifying!  Thankfully, I don't remember being teased a whole lot!

image kaylynne:

this is my cw's embarrassing thing, but it happened yesterday and it was so weird... anyways, she's the art teacher, and she was pumping out some paint from this big dispenser (like those big ketchup things at burger joints), and it exploded all over her.  Well, she freaked, but it was black, and she had on a black top, once she got it off her face, it wasn't really noticeable. 

I went back to see her in afternoon, and she came out of the back room grumbling... well, this time she was carrying a bucket of green paint in a box, and the box's bottom fell out.. and yeah, paint everywhere.  But, get this: she had on green pants!  I was like, "you are the luckiest clumsy person I have ever met."

Is that not the weirdest thing? what are the odds that she's only dropping things that match what she has on? and she didn't get any black on her green pants, and she didn't get any green on her black shirt! (She did get green on her black shoes, but they're crocs, and the paint is water-based, so I'm sure it will come off).

lol!  That's awesome!!!