Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Y_L - My son loved Gatsby!!

I'm so happy! Smile

About a week ago when he told me his class was starting Gatsby, I expected lots of complaning about how boring, slow, etc. (He's a big non-reader.) Since then I'd ask him how it was going or he'd ask me questions, but I couldn't get much out of him other than an 'it's okay'. I started to wonder if he was even bothering.

Yesterday, though, when I got home he told me they finished and he liked it. Really liked it! Now, he is so excited for the movie. Next week in class they are going to watch the original and he's looking forward to it.

He also told me now he understand when I worry about movie versions of books. He's wondering how are they going to this or that... will they show x or leave it out. Hahaha!

I just had to share. :)

Taya 9.20.05 * Marlena 10.4.07 * Armando 11.3.93

Re: Y_L - My son loved Gatsby!!

• OMG this makes my day! Yay for your son and yay for his teacher for helping the kids enjoy it! Big Smile

Did he watch the trailer and point out all of the little details from the book? My students are having the best time doing that.

image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • He has! Funny thing, he's worried that they are going to make it cheesy. Specifically the scene where they are all together in a kind of awkward staring/silence. Honestly I can't remember what he's referring to other than early on when Jordan, Daisy, Tom and Nick are hanging out.

He thinks DiCaprio looks too young for Gatsby and Daisy too old, and not excited about Spidey as Nick.

Taya 9.20.05 * Marlena 10.4.07 * Armando 11.3.93
  • MrsC7MrsC7 member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    image Pebble_Cafe:

He thinks DiCaprio looks too young for Gatsby and Daisy too old, and not excited about Spidey as Nick.

Ha! That's funny. Everyone I know says the opposite.

image imageimage