Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Family Friendly Desitination

Hi Ladies, 

I'm trying to plan a vacation for this summer for my DH, DD(3), DD(2) and myself. I'm looking for any ideas for a long weekend, hopefully less than an 8 hour drive from Cincinnati. I don't need a ton of things to do, I'm really looking to relax and spend some quality time together. But I'm also looking for some fun things to do with our girls, maybe parks or water related.   

I'm hoping to also be able to put together a week long beach trip for later in the summer.  Any suggestions for a family beach within a 12 hour drive?  I always went to Myrtle Beach as a kid, but I'm not very found of the over commercialized aspect of it now.  Any other thoughts for a laid back but family beach around?

TIA!!!!! 

Re: Family Friendly Desitination

• Chicago is only a 5 hour drive from Cincinnati.  Our beach isn't the greatest but its nice enough.  There are lots of museums, a zoo, Millennium Park, you can do a boat tour, bike ride along the lake.

For a really laid back trip, I'd hit a small beach town in MI (plenty within 5-6hr drive) and rent a cottage close the the beach.  New Buffalo, Benton Harbor, Saugatauk are all nice areas with cute little shops/restaurants near the lake.

Favorite Flower

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/24g24xe.jpg[/IMG]
  • Have you been to the Wisconsin Dells? We have went the last couple years and really enjoy it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • For the beach, I recommend Perdido Key, Florida, right next to Gulf Shores, Alabama.  Beach rentals are fairly inexpensive and it is right around 11 hours from Dayton/Cincy area.  We have gone the last two years and stayed at the Windemere condos, rented from VRBO.