We're hosting Thanksgiving this year and it's been one strange thing after another. It's just silly and instead of being upset about it, I'm actually laughing.
- Last night I stayed up until 3 am "Pre-cleaning" before the cleaning lady came today. LOL.
- Then DH woke me at 6:30 to tell me that the microwave is broken, completely unfixable. He was heating water for his tea when he heard an explosion and turned to see sparks. There wasn't anything metal in there, it just blew, caught fire, and melted the inside. Oh did I mention that our stove is broken?
- Then my mom calls to tell me her oven is on the fritz and her landlord can't have anyone there til Friday. Can she come over early and make her turkey and sides here? Sure mom!
- I ran out and did all my shopping in the rain and even picked up our rental chairs.
- DH just called to ask what time my mom is coming over and I tell him 10am. "Oh good!" he says. He's picking his parents and g-parents up at the train station at 9:45am. Great, so my plan for having people come over at 1:30-2pm is totally shot and I lost my morning to prep. So it looks like I'll be up late again tonight so I can get things done in time.
Today's saving grace? The cleaning lady just left and I'm thrilled with how the house looks. It was a nice "treat" for me, since I've never had anyone come in before. It was well worth EVERY penny...and I just make it a more regular occurence.