Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Mad Men 4/29

Roger is back, love his swagger :)  but he need to stay away from Don's MIL, lol.  

it was interesting to see Sally growing up, and Don being the protective father. 

Gretchen Evie, born 7/8/2012 at 35w5d

Re: Mad Men 4/29

• i liked seeing the women support each other (peggy/megan and joan/peggy).

i agree...glad to see roger's swagger back, but neither i nor sally needed to see roger receiving favors from megan's mom!  lol!

poor peggy.  it's not surprising that peggy's conservative catholic mother was disappointed with peggy and abe's decision.

what are these dreams megan's dad speaks of?  i'm assuming something artsy related.

• image pugznploons:

Roger is back, love his swagger :)  but he need to stay away from Don's MIL, lol.  

it was interesting to see Sally growing up, and Don being the protective father. 

Yeah, Roger's back!  How awkward when Sally walked in on that!  ha ha

I agree it was interesting to see Don being so protective.  I can't believe how grown up Sally looked with the boots and make up.  And I loved her interaction with Roger.  He's still at it with the funny one liners - "You're a mean drunk." :-)

I wonder if what Megan's dad was saying to her at the table is just planting more seeds of doubt and we're going to see her and Don start crumbling soon.

Vacation

Vacation
  • one day all girls spread their legs and fly away.  LOL!

• I don't usually post but I figure why not (I spend a lot of my Monday mornings reading analyses of the show).

I got a feeling that Megan's dreams had something to do with her dad's politics. I don't know why....her faced totally changed after her dad mentioned her dreams and, even though they focused on her artsy side, I think there is something darker there. From her parents relationship to that conversation...I don't know....I could be totally wrong too :-) But something has always seemed off or mysterious about her.

I love Roger Sterling and I did like seeing Don being protective of Sally. Sometimes I feel Don is a better dad than Betty is a mom.

I loved Peggy's mom commenting on if she's lonely "get a cat, they last 13 years and then you get another one. Wait 13 more years and get another one..." You just knew that conversation wasn't going to go well but look at how much Peggy has grown. I'm rewatching season one now (a lot of parallels and foreshadowing there esp. with Pete) and Peggy was so meek with her family and now she just tells them what she's thinking. Go her! 

• I thought that Megan's dreams had to do with acting.  She made some comments at the dinner party that she had come to New York in hopes of getting into acting.  She mentioned that while going to all of the ad agencies for tests, she saw all of the ad writers and found their work interesting.
  • image Moxie27:

one day all girls spread their legs and fly away.  LOL!

lol - i seriously didn't know if i had heard that right. it took a second to process. hilarious.

finally. mad men is back. this episode seemed like old times complete with an ad pitch and the cast as unhappy as ever. roger is his old self and so is joan.

i'm also curious about what it is megan is supposed to be doing - as alluded to by her father. previously, she was an actress. but i can't believe that is it.

the comment to don by the man at the bar at the end - i don't know who he was - but it was the comment about biting the hand that feeds you was so spot on. kind of surprising no one ever realized this before. so is scdp doomed?

• Really loved this episode. Sally cracks me up--- I loved it when she was on the phone and he asked how the city was and all she said was "dirty".

But, the funniest thing all night was on twitter when @bettydraper tweeted this:

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7eLZJP/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w7eLZJP/weight.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • image Moxie27:

one day all girls spread their legs and fly away.  LOL!

This was hilarious! My husband and I burst out laughing when he said this.

I like the relationship between Joan and Peggy. I'm glad to see them being friendly/supportive towards one another.

Poor sally walking in on Roger and Don's MIL. Wow.

I forget the name of the kid Sally kept calling but he still gives me the creeps. Hopefully, Betty will make an appearance soon.

• image moreace01:

i'm also curious about what it is megan is supposed to be doing - as alluded to by her father. previously, she was an actress. but i can't believe that is it.

the comment to don by the man at the bar at the end - i don't know who he was

Wasnt that Cosgroves FIL?  I thought that that was said, but I might of misunderstood.

When her and her father were talking I was under the impression that maybe she didnt want to get married and have to play the role of the wife.  He was talking about money being handed to her (I dont remember word for word) but it made me think that she always wanted to make her own way.

Mommy's little helper :) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was sort of surprised at Megan's reaction to Peggy's praise (or lack of reaction to essentially saving the Heinz account, in general). I don't know, she didn't seem all that excited? It struck me as a bit of a disconnect because the previous week she was arguing with Don about how she liked her job and didn't think it was professional to just leave, etc. (when they went to HJ) and this week she seemed sort of "meh." She didn't own it or anything. Just said it was beginner's  luck. I don't know. I also wonder what her dad was alluding to, but I do feel like it was something about not being married and relying on your H for money (she obviously makes her own money, too, but it's maybe not seen as worthy by her dad because she works with/for Don, anyway).

I love Sally. I also love the look of discomfort everyone at the table at the ball had during one of the last scenes. Hilarious.

I thought it sort of strange they never revisited the whole Betty's-MIL-gave-Sally-drugs-thing. They had to have known, right? Since MIL didn't wake up easily? And Betty already dislikes her and is not really one to hide her feelings, so I assumed she wouldn't really let her watch the kids again.

God, I love Roger so much.  

[url="http://ellysaysopa.com"]my food blog[/url]