Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

DRIVE - a must see!

This movie is a must see.

DH and I saw it last night for the first time, and wow, some of the most stunning film-making I have seen in a long time; for those who have studied techniques in film you will appreciate this movie.  Usually I ask questions, discuss the movie at lulls...this movie though had me silent.

The main character ('The Unnamed Driver'/Ryan Gosling) doesn't talk much, maybe only has 5 lines in the film, but I could imagine in the theatre you would hear a pin drop its filmed so beautifully.  Be warned, this movie is graphic at times (I found myself quick to shut my eyes in one scene) but all in all, I would still recommend this film.

Ladies, this is a great date movie.  Now you have the silent/tough hottness of Ryan Gosling, and the intense car-chase/fight scene that men (at least DH) enjoy.   

[IMG]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll204/MrsPrincessLily/notebook.jpg[/IMG]

Re: DRIVE - a must see!

• We just got this yesterday from Blockbuster online. I'm looking forward to watching it after DD goes to bed tonight with DH.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I really had heard a lot of good things, so maybe I had my expectations too high but I didn't really like it that much. There were some great scenes, I agree. But I felt overall the movie took itself a little too seriously. I rolled my eyes at some of it. And I felt the graphic nature of the violence was really unnecessary. 

Carey Mulligan was great. I'm really enjoying watching her grow into adult roles.  

• I thought it was amazing.  I couldn't believe it was snubbed so completely at the Oscars.  
    Anniversary
  • I thought it was soooooooo slooooooowwwwwww.  We watched it with another couple and none of the 4 of us really liked it.  I'd give it a 7 out of 10.  Of course, Ryan Gosling is SUPERFINE but other than that I thought the movie was just "meh".  I was expecting more action and car chases.  There was one car chase and one robbery scene, and then some random violence, the rest was just so slow.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My husband hated it, and I didn't like it much either. We thought it was too slow, and we couldn't give a damn about the filming when the story itself was so lacking. I found the absence of dialog to be frustrating rather than beautiful. 
  • One of the worst movies I've seen in a long time.
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/fy24n8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2zoginq.png[/IMG]
  • I had zero expectations when we went to see it, and I really liked it.  It had kind of a fun 80s vibe going.  I wasn't a fan of the violence though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loved it.
    Military wife. Momma. Writer.

[IMG]http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd396/sunshinegal3/r8cadt.gif[/IMG]
  • Lol I sang the praises of this movie last year. :) I loved the opening credits
  • I was not a fan at all.

It was sooo slow and I actually expected more action than there was. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I tried to like this movie, I really did.  The story was weak and a little confusing.  Did not like this movie at all.  DH felt the same
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers So far we've done: Clomid Challenge/HSG/SA 1 Unmedicated IUI 2 Clomid IUIs 2 Femara IUIs 1 injectable IUI -2nd Femara IUI resulted in a CP (Beta was 16) -Another CP in May. (Beta 19 Prog 13) -Ectopic Pg - (Beta 27, 67, 430, 850) - methotrexate shot & biopsy -Forced 3 month Break 1/4/10 - Uterine septum removed by Hysteroscopy 1/18/10 - Told I have inflammation in uterus. 6 weeks of antibiotics. 2/27/10 - Another confirmed ectopic. 2 shots of methotrexate after an ER visit. Currently doing acupuncture and trying to lose weight. TTC since 3/07 -