Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Ettique Re party invite

So, I am thinking of having a fiesta themed party for my 30th this year but I really, really, really dislike one of my friend's husband. Pretty much everyone that meets him feels the same way. People have left our other parties because of him. And this time, it's MY birthday and I don't want it ruined by him. I would love to have her there, but him, no way, Jose. I have never told her how I feel but it's pretty darn obvious, and the feeling is mutual. I would hate for someone to tell me DH wasn't invited, but I would be hurt if she didn't invite me to hers.

So,  what would you do?

TIA.

edited to complete post.

Re: Ettique Re party invite

• If you're inviting other couples and not including their spouses, then you need to do the same for this friend or simple exclude them as a couple altogether.

Basically, you've answered your own question: 

image jmo2187:

I would hate for someone to tell me DH wasn't invited ... 

• Unless you have a women only party, I think you have to invite him. That said, can you ask another close friend or two who feels similarly to be on "Joe Patrol" (or whatever his name is?) So, if he gets really drunk, "Hey, Joe, have you tried this [nonalcoholic] punch? It's delicious!" or if he starts a political debate, "You know guys, my mom told me never to discuss politics, sex, or religion in public, haha! So, what about the local baseball team?"

Otherwise, I'm not sure what you can really do.