Inland Empire Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I swear I'm being punished...

Pierce has Croup and the Dr is afraid he may have allergies since he has a constant bark/cough. He doesn't want us to get another dog till we see an ear nose and throat Dr.

We also have to bring P to a GI Dr. because we just can't get his acid reflux under control. The Dr is concerned that he may have other digestive issues along with his possible allergies. Weeeee!

So now he's on steroids and antibiotics. George is out now buying Hepa filers for the house and each room. Meanwhile Ranger is miserable being an only dog and we can't get him a friend yet. I don't even want to think what we are going to do if the ENT thinks P may have pet allergies.

I swear I'm not a hypochondriac mother - I just play on on TV.

Re: I swear I'm being punished...

• Poor P! I hope he doesn't have allergies. That would be so sad. Feel better soon P.
  • Sad

Sorry you are going through all this.

• oh that sucks! poor P. ?I hope they can figure out what's up with him soon!?
  • Amy! That sucks. I swear you should become the bubble family.

A friend of mine swears by putting Vicks on the front of her kids diaper and then putting a onsie over it. She says that the baby smells like a Vicks' pop but it usually seems to help

• Poor little guy, I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all this!
  • Wow Amy. I'm so sorry!  : / I really hope Pierce feels better. DH's cousin had croup, and from what I've heard, it isn't fun. I remember them saying his aunt and uncle would have to take him outside in the middle of the night to breathe the cold air.

I really hope he doesn't have any further digestive problems and his acid reflux gets under control soon!

I'm here if you need anything.

• Poor P! Hugs to you for having to go through all this with him!
  • I'm sorry to hear your little P isn't feeling well :( I hope it isn't allergies or AR- as a lifelong allergy sufferer/asthmatic it can be a pain, but it will be ok! I had pets growing up even with pet allergies- I was just a little stuffier than I could have been- but I'm happy we always had dogs, bunnies, horses and more! :)

It will be ok- just wait to hear from the docs before worrying! :) (I know, easier said than done right?! :) )

Don't worry about tomorrow. After all, today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday. Take each day as it comes...one at a time. Midnight Baking Adventures Blog
  • Thanks guys. I gave him his meds and he is now passed out on me. He diddnt sleep  much last night. I don't have the heart to wake him but I gotta pee soooo bad!

I was reading and they say kids that grow up with pets have less allergies when they grow up so we will see what the Dr says. keep your fingers crossed for us!

• Oh no!!  I'm so sorry to hear that!  The poor little guy! 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Poor baby! I hope the drs. find a solution for him. I had really bad allergies as a kid...I had to get an allergy shot every Monday when I was growing up and I took a daily pill. It's definitely no fun!
  • My poor baby! Having to breathe that nasty Cali air. I prescribe a move to AZ stat!

• I'm sorry to hear this.  I hope P feels better soon.
  • I am so sorry about all of this. Hopefully it just a phase. Both my Dad and I have really bad allergies and my dad also had asthma as a kid. But we both grew up with pets and my dad did grow out of his asthma. I think we just got used to the family pets.?