Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Afternoon poll

Do you experience a mid-afternoon crash? What's your remedy for it? 

What did you have for lunch today?

What are you planning for dinner tonight?

Are you at work? If so, what sort of project are you working on? 

How do you feel about today's weather? Is it making you feel dreary?  

What's the best thing that's happened today? The worst? 

Do you plan to work out tonight? 

Re: Afternoon poll

• Do you experience a mid-afternoon crash? What's your remedy for it? Sometimes. If it happens I either try to do a few exercises or have some coffee or tea

What did you have for lunch today? Egg Sandwich

What are you planning for dinner tonight? Stuffed Cabbage

Are you at work? If so, what sort of project are you working on? Sorta, I work from home.

How do you feel about today's weather? Is it making you feel dreary?  I hate it, it makes me tired and blah but I am kinda glad it is on this leap day. Otherwise it would be happening on March 1st which would make me think that the month is not starting out good. This way it will be a much better start in the month Stick out tongue

What's the best thing that's happened today? The worst?  The best: Coffee. The worst: Trying to give Luke his medicine

Do you plan to work out tonight? No

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/Song4themoon/39_zps3c530767-1_zps65ac5d58.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/Song4themoon/24_zps1f2cabb9-1_zpsde31711d.jpg[/IMG]

My Receipe Blog
  • Do you experience a mid-afternoon crash? What's your remedy for it? I kind of hit a wall around 2 p.m. I tend to make a cup of coffee in my Keurig or chug some water.

What did you have for lunch today? Leftover chinese food -- Moo Goo Gain Pan (no rice) and egg drop soup. Yum. 

What are you planning for dinner tonight? Chicken stirfry with shiratake noodles

Are you at work? If so, what sort of project are you working on?  Yup. Kind of alternating back and forth between compiling restaurant information for a dining guide and working on a freelance article about the science and research behind High Fructose Corn Sugar.

How do you feel about today's weather? Is it making you feel dreary?  I'm a fan of rain. I wish it would continue. 

What's the best thing that's happened today? The worst? Best: I finally convinced the publisher that the cover I like best for the weddings mag is the one we should go with. Cross your fingers that it sells well. Worst: I'm doing some volunteer work for the children's theatre and had to return a costume project unfinished to the coordinator. I felt so bad, but this week has been so insane that I just didn't get to finish it all. 

Do you plan to work out tonight? I should. I really should. 

• Do you experience a mid-afternoon crash? What's your remedy for it? Um, not really. Usually I'm too busy working to notice!

What did you have for lunch today? Leftover pasta and shrimp, yum!

What are you planning for dinner tonight? Not sure, we're going to a friend's place for dinner

Are you at work? If so, what sort of project are you working on?  Nope, this is day 1 of 2 much-needed days off!

How do you feel about today's weather? Is it making you feel dreary?  I love it! Perfect for sitting home, vegging out Smile

What's the best thing that's happened today? The worst? Best: Think I found a hotel for our CA trip in May. Worst: I'm PMSing and feel crappy Stick out tongue

Do you plan to work out tonight? Already did!

6.12.10 June 2010 Siggy Challenge: Fave E-pic image My Bio
  • Do you experience a mid-afternoon crash? What's your remedy for it? I feel pretty much the same amount of tired all day. Sometimes, my day will start to really drag in the mid-afternoon. I don't have a cure for it.

What did you have for lunch today? Turkey and ham sub from Subway.

What are you planning for dinner tonight? Chicken enchiladas.

Are you at work? If so, what sort of project are you working on? Yes. Same project for the past 7 years. I design and maintain software for a client.

How do you feel about today's weather? Is it making you feel dreary?  It's craptastic, though I am less cranky about it now than I was this morning.

What's the best thing that's happened today? The worst? Best: I had time to do my hair and makeup before DS woke up. Worst: stupid rain.

Do you plan to work out tonight? No.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • image misscastle:

Do you experience a mid-afternoon crash? What's your remedy for it? Drink LOTS and LOTS of water

What did you have for lunch today? a ham sandwich and some blueberries

What are you planning for dinner tonight?  hmm...haven't even thought about it

Are you at work? If so, what sort of project are you working on? yes..the day just ended and I am grading before I leave in 10 minutes

How do you feel about today's weather? Is it making you feel dreary?  sooo crappy, but on the bright side, I think I heard it was supposed to be pretty decent tomorrow!

What's the best thing that's happened today? The worst? Best:  We are doing the biggest loser and work and I have lost 4 pounds since last Wednesday.  Nothing for the worst really!

Do you plan to work out tonight? DH and I might do Kinect--he just got it and says it is quite a workout.  If we don't, then no.  Tuesdays and Thursdays are my workout days.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do you experience a mid-afternoon crash? What's your remedy for it? Sometimes. I usually go for a walk at lunch, so the re-energizes me.

What did you have for lunch today? Beans

What are you planning for dinner tonight? Not sure yet

Are you at work? If so, what sort of project are you working on? Yes, I'm working on Admissions for the University.

How do you feel about today's weather? Is it making you feel dreary?  Not a fan of the rain. I'm sure it will screw with my commute tonight.

What's the best thing that's happened today? The worst?  The best: talking with some of my students.  The worst: Just having to be here.

Do you plan to work out tonight? Not sure yet.
    Visit The Nest!
  • Do you experience a mid-afternoon crash? What's your remedy for it?  I'm usually pretty busy and that keeps me awake.

What did you have for lunch today?  Santa Fe style rice and beans (Lean Cuisine), carrots, and a fun size York peppermint patty.

What are you planning for dinner tonight?  Probably pasta and veggies.

Are you at work? If so, what sort of project are you working on?  Yes, playing catch up today and trying to wrap some things up before work travel next week.

How do you feel about today's weather? Is it making you feel dreary?  Not really, I haven't looked outside much.

What's the best thing that's happened today? The worst?  Best- payday.  Worst- found out IL's dog passed away, H is very sad.

Do you plan to work out tonight?  No but I feel the need to justify, I take a kickboxing class Tues/Thurs and try to work out once over the weekend.  My arms and shoulders are really sore from doing pushups last night, there's no way that I could work out tonight.

• Do you experience a mid-afternoon crash? What's your remedy for it? Pretty much only when I'm not busy and time is dragging. I usually get some coffee or have an afternoon snack and/or go chat with a coworker for a few min.

What did you have for lunch today? Leftover grilled chicken with roasted fingerling potatoes and roasted cauliflower.

What are you planning for dinner tonight? Spinach salads w/ carrot, cukes, peppers, steak slices, goat cheese and balsamic. And I really want a cup of my "fancy" peppermint tea. It's a good day for hot tea.

Are you at work? If so, what sort of project are you working on? Sure am. Updating some old materials and also doing a little freelance in the in between time where I want for changes.

How do you feel about today's weather? Is it making you feel dreary? I mind being at work a WHOLE lot less when it's like this. I hate it when it's warm and I'm stuck inside.

What's the best thing that's happened today? The worst? Best: Getting to bill about 4 hours for a new freelance project in one day, and my carrot/walnut/raisin bread turning out really well. Worst: my group fitness trainer at the gym is switching her hours and I'm sort of going to miss her particular brand of arse-kicking, haha.

Do you plan to work out tonight? Worked out from 7:30-8:30 this morning with group fitness trainer.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Do you experience a mid-afternoon crash? What's your remedy for it?  Rarely - I try to bring an afternoon snack - fruit or crackers, etc.  Sometimes I'll get a soda or hot chocolate or Starbucks.

What did you have for lunch today?  Half a turkey & swiss sandwich and cup of split pea soup.

What are you planning for dinner tonight?  Hopefully the halibut we were going to have last night.

Are you at work? If so, what sort of project are you working on?   Yes - a bunch of stuff.  Right now I'm researching a new client.

How do you feel about today's weather? Is it making you feel dreary?  I'm indifferent to it; I'm inside w/ no windows - it was chilly and wet (but not raining when I went out at lunch)

What's the best thing that's happened today?  I was ontime/early for my meeting this morning - surprsing considering I overslept and DD is 3 and its raining!   The worst? I'm a little embarrassed that DD wore a dirty dress to school today.  She spilled a little yogurt on it when she wore it Monday and I haven't washed it yet.  Mama couldn't fight this morning.

Do you plan to work out tonight? no - I will watch Modern Family though!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Do you experience a mid-afternoon crash? What's your remedy for it? Yes, normally I start to get sleepy in the afternoon. Normally I'll have a piece of candy or drink water.

What did you have for lunch today? orange, some cheese and crackers, apple sauce and yogurt.

What are you planning for dinner tonight? My mom brought us dinner.

Are you at work?  haha no, I've been put on bed rest. If so, what sort of project are you working on? 

How do you feel about today's weather? It's sleeping weather. Is it making you feel dreary?  yes

What's the best thing that's happened today? I didn't have a baby today.  The worst? Not being able to fall asleep until 4 a.m.

Do you plan to work out tonight? Haha, if you consider going to the hospital again tonight, yes, I plan to walk in the doors and get myself a wheelchair.

image, image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Do you experience a mid-afternoon crash? What's your remedy for it? Occasionly.  Unfortunately, I turn towards soda.  It's such a bad habit.

What did you have for lunch today? Vegetarian chili

What are you planning for dinner tonight? DH won't be home and I really want soup in a bread bowl from ABC. 

Are you at work? If so, what sort of project are you working on? Yes, I'm working on Friday's schedule.  

How do you feel about today's weather? Is it making you feel dreary?  I wish I was at home snuggling with DH. 

What's the best thing that's happened today? The worst? DH has a show at a recording studio tonight demoing his products.   So hopefully the best thing that will happen is he gets some sales! Nothing bad happened, I'm just tired. 

Do you plan to work out tonight? I have no excuse for not going.  But I am going home to enjoy the empty house and trashy tv. 

Misscastle - I've only been a few times recently so don't feel bad!  

Steak and Tomato - our foodie photo journal

Married Bio

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wen9ehn/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wen9ehn/weight.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • Do you experience a mid-afternoon crash? What's your remedy for it? I definitely do, especially since getting pregnant. And my remedy is to take a nap.

What did you have for lunch today? Two cheese sticks. Embarrassed

What are you planning for dinner tonight? I met a girlfriend for an early dinner at Red Brick Station. I had some bacon cheese fries, a cup of cream of crab soup, a little bit of a side salad, and the shrimp salad out of half a shrimp salad sandwich. It was kind of a mish-mash.

Are you at work? If so, what sort of project are you working on? As a SAHM who's sitting on her couch, yep. I'm currently working on relaxing. I should be working on cleaning.

How do you feel about today's weather? Is it making you feel dreary?  It was kinda nice for a couple hours this afternoon when I used it as an excuse to cozy up on my couch. Now I'm just depressed. It's the rain+hormones+my husband being away.

What's the best thing that's happened today? The worst? Best: getting Mia some cute clothes. Worst: Ed's 4am departure.

Do you plan to work out tonight? Nope.

ed + dani 10.31.08 | miranda 04.10.07 | liam 09.06.12
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2jezlp3.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2rx75vm.jpg[/IMG]
  • Do you experience a mid-afternoon crash? What's your remedy for it?  Sometimes, it depends on my day.  I usually get up for a walk and get a drink.

What did you have for lunch today?  Subway turkey sandwich

What are you planning for dinner tonight?  We had grilled cheese.

Are you at work? If so, what sort of project are you working on?  I was at work today, now I'm home relaxing.

How do you feel about today's weather? Is it making you feel dreary?  My day went fast but the weather made the commutes suck.

What's the best thing that's happened today? The worst?  Best - cupcake from admin.  Worst - feeling tired tonight.

Do you plan to work out tonight?  I'm still undecided, my walk will probably be shorter so I should do the elliptical.

My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • Do you experience a mid-afternoon crash? What's your remedy for it? - Ugh, always.  Mid- to late-afternoon is my worst time of day.  I just power through it... caffeine usually doesn't have much effect on me.

What did you have for lunch today? - Um.  I can't remember.  Is that bad? :P

What are you planning for dinner tonight? - My mom babysat DS tonight and brought pizza, so I had a leftover piece of that when I got home.

Are you at work? If so, what sort of project are you working on? - I'm at work 24/7, and always working on not losing my sanity w/ 2u2. ;)

How do you feel about today's weather? Is it making you feel dreary? - I actually kinda enjoyed it b/c I had minimal housework to take care of during DS's naptime, so I was able to snuggle w/ DD and the rainy weather just felt right for being lazy w/ her for a little while.

What's the best thing that's happened today? The worst? - Best:  found a bunch of good deals at a kids' consignment sale tonight!  Worst:  realized at 9:15 this morning that I had completely forgotten about needing to have a couple different dishes ready for an event at church, and they needed to be ready by lunchtime... which meant I got to drag 2 kids out in the pouring rain to haul ass to the grocery store and then get back home to throw everything together.  I hate when I do stuff like that, but I WAS successful at doing the grocery run w/ both of them in the rain, so I was feeling a bit supermom-ish w/ that!  Haha!

Do you plan to work out tonight? - Does trolling the consignment sale count?!

• Do you experience a mid-afternoon crash? What's your remedy for it? Yes - basically an all afternoon crash. I know it's because I eat too much at lunch and then I just want to nap all afternoon. So, I nap when I get home from work.

What did you have for lunch today? Yesterday I had yogurt, grilled chicken over spinach, and chocolate covered pretzels.

What are you planning for dinner tonight? I think some super healthy TGI Friday all-in-one skillet meal.

Are you at work? If so, what sort of project are you working on? Yes. Same old - just reviewing cases.

How do you feel about today's weather? Is it making you feel dreary?   Yesterday's weather(since this is Thursday AM) did make me feel dreary.  Today I'm excited bc its supposed to be warm and sunny.

What's the best thing that's happened today? The worst? Umm.  Best thing was getting a new delivery of milk (yay for fresh chocolate milk delivered to my door lol!) and worst thing was.....I dunno. 

Do you plan to work out tonight? Nah, just a nice long walk.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Do you experience a mid-afternoon crash? What's your remedy for it? Yes, usually a snack. Sometimes it's fruit but lately it's been junk.

What did you have for lunch today? I didn't have lunch yesterday.

What are you planning for dinner tonight? I had pizza.

Are you at work? not yesterday - had carpet people come  If so, what sort of project are you working on?

How do you feel about today's weather? It was miserable. Our yard was a big muddy mess. Is it making you feel dreary?  

What's the best thing that's happened today? Got new carpet The worst? Nothing else went right.

Do you plan to work out tonight? My workout was standing on ladders and cursing a lot.