Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Once Upon A Time (Spoilers)

DH totally called Sidney being the Mirror.  I can't believe he's still working for the queen.  Why does the stranger need the book?  I felt so bad for Sidney's storybook character, and feel so angry with him with the show's ending! 

*TTC since 10/11* 
BFP: 9/30/12, EDD: 6/15/13
*~*Our miracle arrived on 6/13/13*~*
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Once Upon A Time (Spoilers)

• I just saw the previews for next week and can't wait! It's going to be Beauty and the Beast with Claire from Lost!
  • image justbeachy109:
    I just saw the previews for next week and can't wait! It's going to be Beauty and the Beast with Claire from Lost!

I'm really annoyed that Rumple is the Beast.  This really irks me for some reason.

• I didn't like that Emma trusted Sidney. I keep thinking that he was setting her up. 

The previews for next week are good. Rumple as the beast is a good twist on the story.  

I want to see more of Mary Margaret and David.  I don't like them sneaking around. I sometimes wonder if he really is married to Kathryn.  In fairytale world he left her at the altar didn't he? So I want to see how that crosses over.

• image gatorwife:
    DH totally called Sidney being the Mirror.  I can't believe he's still working for the queen.  Why does the stranger need the book?  I felt so bad for Sidney's storybook character, and feel so angry with him with the show's ending! 

didn't we already know that? because his last name is glass...and they've shown the mirror before. we just didn't know he was a genie first.

• If we did know, I don't think I was paying attention.  And ditto with the genie. 

*TTC since 10/11* 
    BFP: 9/30/12, EDD: 6/15/13
    *~*Our miracle arrived on 6/13/13*~*
  • Yeah, we've known Sidney was he mirror since the 2nd or 3rd episode. Now him being the genie first was a surprise.

I could have called the ending of this episode from the beginning, emma should have never trusted Sidney- too predictable. 

The stranger with the book was the most iinteresting part of the episode IMO.

• image missjake:

Yeah, we've known Sidney was he mirror since the 2nd or 3rd episode. Now him being the genie first was a surprise.

I could have called the ending of this episode from the beginning, emma should have never trusted Sidney- too predictable. 

The stranger with the book was the most iinteresting part of the episode IMO.

i agree with everything you wrote.

why would emma trust sidney?!  foolish!

oh, i'm not a fan of rumple as the beast either.  hopefully i'll be pleasantly surprised :)

• I'm having a hard time believing Emma was duped by Sidney.
    Remember her "superpower " is being able to tell when a person is lying.

Maybe its a triple cross and this is all part of Emma's plan...to make Regina think Sidney is on her side.

I read some where that it would be cool if the Stranger was a Grimm brother with the ability to write/change/add to the story.

That playground was built WAY too fast!

• Was that a new book?  Where was he getting it out of?  I assumed it was from the same case as his typewritter, but where did he get it from?
    Mommy's little helper :) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a little annoyed the mayor got off so easily. I don't care that she was using the funds for a playground, she can't willy-nilly take and direct funds for whatever project she wishes. It's not her personal money. Can you imagine the hell our public officials would be in if they took 50k from the budget and decided to spend it however they saw fit?
    Master of Disguise
  • image beewltched:
    Was that a new book?  Where was he getting it out of?  I assumed it was from the same case as his typewritter, but where did he get it from?

Henry had it buried in a box under his Castle.

CafeMom Tickers

the blog

Partner to J | 02.15.05 <3
    Mommy to C | 02.18.09 <3
  • I am still annoyed by David and Mary Margaret. I want her to be like, listen, if you want to be with me then you have to tell her that you are leaving and actually do it. I just get so skeeved out by it and it makes me not want them to be together if Davide is going to pull this double life crap. And also, Snow White was such a badass in the fairy tale world, and she is way too meek and mild in the real world.

Also, I agree that it would still be a big deal if the mayor just took city funds to build a playground without any kind of authorization. And even if it was for a playground, why was the deed to the land in her name personally, and not to the town? Still fishy. 

My dvr cut off the previews, but I'm excited for Beauty and the Beast, and intrigued that Rump is the beast...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic *This is not legal advice*
  • image themommymonster:

image beewltched:
    Was that a new book?  Where was he getting it out of?  I assumed it was from the same case as his typewritter, but where did he get it from?

Henry had it buried in a box under his Castle.

Ahhhh ok, thanks.

Mommy's little helper :) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's pretty much all been said already but...

Yes we knew Sidney was the mirror... interesting twist that he was a genie first.  I felt bad for his fairytale character.  The queen is such a B.

I thought it reaked of a set up from the very beginning and I'm hoping that Emma knew it and is playing them back... but I don't know.  She did outright ask the mayor about the brakes and maybe she could tell the mayor was telling the truth when she said she didn't cut them.

I really want to know who the stranger is... whether he was the original writer or a Grimm or whatever.  I just want to know! :)

I also agree that the MM/David thing is bothering me!  They just need to make it legit and stop sneaking around... it makes it so dirty.

Oh and I also am kind of annoyed that Rumple is the beast. :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My friend put it really well... I don't want Prince Charming to be less than charming and playing around on his wife is not. 

I actually haven't watch yet but can't wait. 

Proud Mom: Madilyn Louise 9/19/06 and Sophia Christina 12/16/08 Bumpersticker
  • i really hope emma realizes she is totally being set up by the mayor and sidney...

and i want to know how and why the stranger has the book....makes me wonder if my thoughts on him having that type writer so he can finish and/or change the ending of peoples lives

..but now i also wonder if he showed up finally because pages of the book have been ripped out and they magicly need to be replaced by the typewritter....

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers You want me to eat this food... no thanks, i have my paci.
  • I'm guessing Emma knows she's being set up.  She kept talking about how she made this promise to Henry not to stoop to her level.  I think she and Henry have a plan. 

It was nice to see Sidney's backstory, and to know how he got in the mirror.  Although his character in the mirror seems to be a lot more sinister than his character prior to going into the mirror.

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt147797.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I love how they just intertwine all of these stories!  Sidney was the "genie from Agrabah" (sp?)  Like the Genie from Aladdin! I thought they were going to try to throw Aladdin in there somehow... lol

I totally agree with thoughts above on Mary Margaret and David and their need to get him to leave his wife if they are going to be together. It doesn't seem very "fairy tale-good morals" of them to keep sneaking around all willy nilly w/ out seeming guilty at all.

And I also like the theory above that maybe the Stranger is a Grimm who can use his magic type writer to re-write everyone's stories!!! And he can fall in love w/ Emma and they can all live happily ever after!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • image Juris11:

I am still annoyed by David and Mary Margaret. I want her to be like, listen, if you want to be with me then you have to tell her that you are leaving and actually do it. I just get so skeeved out by it and it makes me not want them to be together if Davide is going to pull this double life crap. And also, Snow White was such a badass in the fairy tale world, and she is way too meek and mild in the real world.

Also, I agree that it would still be a big deal if the mayor just took city funds to build a playground without any kind of authorization. And even if it was for a playground, why was the deed to the land in her name personally, and not to the town? Still fishy. 

Ditto all of this.

Am I the only one that felt a little bad for the queen though?  I mean, obviously she's evil and everything, but when the king was all, "the best present I ever got was my daughter because she reminds me of her beautiful mother, whom I will always love because she was the fairest of them all..." and whatever with his second wife Sitting Right There?!?  I mean, why get remarried at all (I know, I know, medieval times, male heir, etc) if you're going to be constantly putting the new wife down like that? Uncool Toby, uncool.

That scene was particularly irksome as it followed his speech to the genie that all he could wish for was that everyone in his kingdom be happy - he clearly doesn't care how the new queen feels.

• I thought that too about the queen at first. She seemed teary when she was trying to get the genie/Sidney to leave. She may have been in love with the king. On the other hand she is pretty darn evil. I wonder if she married him for evil reasons. Was she wanting to kill him all along, and fooled genie/Sidney to do her dirty work? Also in an other episode when she got the curse from the other witch ( she had a pet pony). The other witch mentioned something about Snow ruining her life on her life when she was going to get married/ or her wedding day. So was she going to marry someone else before the king? If so then she might of had bad intentions from the beginning.

Like the king mentioned Snow's mom was the fairest of them all. The evil queen might have been jealous of her beauty. Killed her and then Snow grew up and became the fairest like her mom. IDK just rambling now ;oD

• How could that playground cost 50k? 
  • image jj_sbride:

I'm having a hard time believing Emma was duped by Sidney.
    Remember her "superpower " is being able to tell when a person is lying.

Maybe its a triple cross and this is all part of Emma's plan...to make Regina think Sidney is on her side.

great point!

• We still don't know what Snow did to the Queen, right?  Just that she took something from her?  Was it being the fairest of them all?  Sydney's admiration, maybe?

I have been thinking that the stranger could be a Grimm brother/decendant.  Who else would know about Storybrook and the book?

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • image KnockKnock:

I thought that too about the queen at first. She seemed teary when she was trying to get the genie/Sidney to leave. She may have been in love with the king. On the other hand she is pretty darn evil. I wonder if she married him for evil reasons. Was she wanting to kill him all along, and fooled genie/Sidney to do her dirty work? Also in an other episode when she got the curse from the other witch ( she had a pet pony). The other witch mentioned something about Snow ruining her life on her life when she was going to get married/ or her wedding day. So was she going to marry someone else before the king? If so then she might of had bad intentions from the beginning.

Like the king mentioned Snow's mom was the fairest of them all. The evil queen might have been jealous of her beauty. Killed her and then Snow grew up and became the fairest like her mom. IDK just rambling now ;oD

Oh, it is totally possible that she had bad intentions straight from the beginning, but I don't think the king knew that.  It's kind of rude to be talking about how hot your first wife was when your second wife is sitting in front of you (even if your second wife is evilly plotting your murder).

Originally I had the impression that Snow had somehow prevented the queen from marrying the love of her life, but I guess it's possible that she did love the king, and Snow took him from her by being the beautiful daughter who reminds him of his first wife.

• Saw this on another site - it's casting calls for Episode 18:

[CORA] Late 40s to Early 60s, the Evil Queen?s elegant yet manipulative and imposing mother. She gives truth to saying like mother, like daughter, and we realize that this is the woman who taught Regina her dark ways. Large guest star with a 3 ep arc next season.

[DANIEL] Mid 20s, a handsome stable boy in Fairy Tale Land who tends to horses at the royal manor. He?s a young romantic who believes that love can make anything possible, even breaking through the barriers of his social station. Guest star.

[YOUNG SNOW] 12 to 14 years old to PLAY 12, a young and innocent princess, she sees the world through a prism where she believes everyone is capable of the same kindness she and her benevolent father bestow on their kingdom. Guest star.

Some are thinking that young Snow finds out that the Evil Queen is having an affair/is in love with ?Daniel?, blabs to her father/Cora, Daniel gets killed.

This would also explain why the King isn't as fond of the Queen, bc he knows she was unfaithful. Perhaps the Queen was forced to marry the King bc of her mother...

| cute shoes make me happy |
  • LOLs at the concept of a mother character who is "Late 40s to Early 60s".  Umm really?  Is it that hard to figure out how old she should be?  I mean, how old is Regina in the scene... how old was her mother when she was born... do some basic math....  or whatever, it doesn't matter because obviously all women are the same after 40.   :P
  • image kaylynne:
    LOLs at the concept of a mother character who is "Late 40s to Early 60s".  Umm really?  Is it that hard to figure out how old she should be?  I mean, how old is Regina in the scene... how old was her mother when she was born... do some basic math....  or whatever, it doesn't matter because obviously all women are the same after 40.   :P
    That's a reference to the actress's age, not the character. They need someone mature looking, aka "20somethings need not audition."
    Master of Disguise