Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Kim and Kortney Take NY

I watch this show to see what may have caused the demise of Kim's 72 day marriage. Thr only ting I see is Kim is a spoiled brat and tried to make Kris out to be a bad guy. he really isnt so bad and she didnt try so hard to make it work.

I guess this whole thing was fake....duh! lol! 

any thoughts? 

Re: Kim and Kortney Take NY

• Thank you for posting about this! 

Her true colors were brought to light this season, and she is nothing but a selfish b***

After watching this season I will say I do not like her or her attitude. Did you all notice when she called Khloe (but Lamar answered) she didn't even greet him!

• I felt kind of bad for Kris the whole episode.  I think he is generally pretty dull and can be an a$$, but she was being a total b!tch to him--and that what we saw was the edited  for tv version of her. 

It seems like he was willing to work on the marriage, event though he knew it wasnt perfect, but she had already checked out completely (without communicating this to him).

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/24xe546.jpg[/IMG]
    My BFP Chart!
  • As is the case in most divorces, I don't think either side is totally to blame here.

I see how Kim got wrapped up in the whole "idea" of being married (and face it, if you hang around TK/TN you know she is not the only one) and never really thought about what marriage is like after the wedding. 

Kris, though, is also an adult, and was more than able to say, "Whoa, we haven't been together that long, this is a HUGE decision, let's cool our heals and wait for a while before we get married!" 

They both made the decision to get married, and it's obvious that neither of them knew the other one nearly as well as you should know somebody that you marry. I can't even count the number of times I have read on TK/TN, "Those things that you find endearing right now? They're going to drive you crazy when you're married!" which is exactly what Kim said tonight. 

Marriage can be a big adjustment, especially for two people that have never lived together (another big piece of advice I see around here all the time) and I don't really think Kim and Kris went through anything that a lot of people who get married after not too long together would go through/do go through. 

I am sad for her, and I am sad for him, and I generally think when two people get married and it doesn't work out  it's a sad thing. There's no real victim or villain in this thing, IMO.

• image PinkRoses53:

I felt kind of bad for Kris the whole episode.  I think he is generally pretty dull and can be an a$$, but she was being a total b!tch to him--and that what we saw was the edited  for tv version of her. 

It seems like he was willing to work on the marriage, event though he knew it wasnt perfect, but she had already checked out completely (without communicating this to him).

I agree. 

• image MKESweetie:

As is the case in most divorces, I don't think either side is totally to blame here.

I see how Kim got wrapped up in the whole "idea" of being married (and face it, if you hang around TK/TN you know she is not the only one) and never really thought about what marriage is like after the wedding. 

Kris, though, is also an adult, and was more than able to say, "Whoa, we haven't been together that long, this is a HUGE decision, let's cool our heals and wait for a while before we get married!" 

They both made the decision to get married, and it's obvious that neither of them knew the other one nearly as well as you should know somebody that you marry. I can't even count the number of times I have read on TK/TN, "Those things that you find endearing right now? They're going to drive you crazy when you're married!" which is exactly what Kim said tonight. 

Marriage can be a big adjustment, especially for two people that have never lived together (another big piece of advice I see around here all the time) and I don't really think Kim and Kris went through anything that a lot of people who get married after not too long together would go through/do go through. 

I am sad for her, and I am sad for him, and I generally think when two people get married and it doesn't work out  it's a sad thing. There's no real victim or villain in this thing, IMO.

I totally agree with everything you said here... She is who she is, she has always been that way since they started their reality show and if he watched it at all before they met, he should have known who and what he was getting into, for the most part. I thought he acted like a big baby. Even though there is like a 4 or 5 year age difference, you can tell that they should have gotten to know each other waaaaaaay better and had a longer engagement before taking the plunge.

• For such an anticipated season finale, I was hoping for a better episode.  I know more from recent magazine stories than what was shown last night.

• I think he is a douche and she is a botch...I think it was a pretty level playing field.

She knew after a week she made a mistake, it took him a little longer.

• Regardless of who's to blame, the problem I have with this is that they were MARRIED. Everyone seemed to get that but her. Unless they communicated & tried to work on it off camera, you just don't give up & walk away that easily. 72 freakin days! No one was being abusive or cheating (in which case, by all means, walk away immediately if you'd like)...she didn't even want to try & work on it in a more normal setting when they got back home. Not once did it seem like she wanted to give that marriage a fair shot. I loved how clearly it seemed that Courtney was judging her. It was ridiculous. I did feel a little bad for her when she was visibly having a breakdown, but she needs to get a grip on reality & what it means to be in an adult relationship.
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/4tof9e.jpg[/IMG]
  • image clseale13:
    Regardless of who's to blame, the problem I have with this is that they were MARRIED. Everyone seemed to get that but her. Unless they communicated & tried to work on it off camera, you just don't give up & walk away that easily. 72 freakin days! No one was being abusive or cheating...she didn't even want to try & work on it in a more normal setting when they got back home. Not once did it seem like she wanted to give that marriage a fair shot. I loved how clearly it seemed that Courtney was judging her. It was ridiculous. I did feel a little bad for her when she was visibly having a breakdown, but she needs to get a grip on reality & what it means to be in an adult relationship.

I completely agree with you. You could tell that she made the decision to split and just went with it. There was no discussion of therapy or anything. Just "my heart isn't in it" and done. I also thought it was interesting that Kourtney and even Scott seemed to be judging her a bit. Maybe they're not married but at least they seem to understand that sometimes relationships take a little work. 

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/x1lefq.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/4vi7aw.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.lovekblog.com/
  • image boofly1224:

image clseale13:
    Regardless of who's to blame, the problem I have with this is that they were MARRIED. Everyone seemed to get that but her. Unless they communicated & tried to work on it off camera, you just don't give up & walk away that easily. 72 freakin days! No one was being abusive or cheating...she didn't even want to try & work on it in a more normal setting when they got back home. Not once did it seem like she wanted to give that marriage a fair shot. I loved how clearly it seemed that Courtney was judging her. It was ridiculous. I did feel a little bad for her when she was visibly having a breakdown, but she needs to get a grip on reality & what it means to be in an adult relationship.

I completely agree with you. You could tell that she made the decision to split and just went with it. There was no discussion of therapy or anything. Just "my heart isn't in it" and done. I also thought it was interesting that Kourtney and even Scott seemed to be judging her a bit. Maybe they're not married but at least they seem to understand that sometimes relationships take a little work. 

I agree. I have not watched this episode yet but it has been really bugging me that she is so quick to divorce instead of trying to work on their issues with counseling. I think he is immature but she seems totally self centered and the episode when she made no time for his sister was was awful. She moved everything around to see John Edwards but wouldnt do the same for his sister! I think they were totally stupid to get married before figuring out where they would live and handle their careers together. I blame her more than him.  She seems totally unwilling to compromise on anything.

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • What about too though, that she probably doesn't seem to have any interest in Minnesota whatsoever?  I think her heart is in CA, so the marriage is kind of on her terms - she has her roots there with her house etc., and Kris has his place in Minnesota.  He was ready to move in with her and she couldn't handle the idea... yet she doesn't want to go to his place.  He also moved in with Courtney/Scott/Mason, which is pretty generous. I wouldn't want to move in with my husband's family - or anyone - within a week of being married (or probably ever), no matter how much I loved the family.

Their schedules don't help either.

• image MKESweetie:

As is the case in most divorces, I don't think either side is totally to blame here.

I do agree with you on all of this but don't forget that Kim's already been married once.  She should know better.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was so disgusted by Kim's flat out refusal to try and make the marriage work, but the most reprehensible part for me was when she said something to the effect of "Kris is good on paper, but my heart just isn't connecting." It made me so angry because HER HEART SHOULD ALREADY BE CONNECTED. She so obviously married this person with whom she didn't feel she had a connection, just for selfish reasons. For the publicity and money and really just for her own personal validation that she is married at 30 or whatever it is she always says.

And I know it's been beat to death, but it just makes me so sad that someone can be so flippant about marriage in general and people who truly do love each other aren't allowed to be married.

• Kim has disgusted me throughout this whole season. She is so mean/rude to Kris and acts like a spoiled b!tch all the time. I wish Kourtney had been more honest with her and told her to stop acting that way. And why was Kim telling everyone else about her feelings about Kris except him!. Hello, of course your marriage isn't going to work if you don't talk to your own husband. I felt really bad for Kris' sister too, she seemed really hurt that Kim didn't make any time for her. Kim got what she deserved in this situation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am still team Kris.  I feel like he at least tried to talk to Kim and she kept shutting him down.  You never saw her asking him how his day was or how he was feeling.  I get that he's a moron. (He did marry a Kardashian.)  However I think that Kim just decided to shut down after she decided the wedding was over.

I also agree with PP who said that Kim has been married before.  She should know better.  She should understand that it's definately a learning experience the first few months.  I don't think living with Kourtney and Scott really helped the situation either.

I really hope Kris gets the prenup removed and he writes a tell all.  I can't say it would be the most interesting thing if he was personally writing it, but I'd really like to know if the wedding was a business deal.  My guess is yes.

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt147797.aspx[/img][/url]
  • image Kittycat196:
    image boofly1224:

image clseale13:

I agree. I have not watched this episode yet but it has been really bugging me that she is so quick to divorce instead of trying to work on their issues with counseling. I think he is immature but she seems totally self centered and the episode when she made no time for his sister was was awful. She moved everything around to see John Edwards but wouldnt do the same for his sister! I think they were totally stupid to get married before figuring out where they would live and handle their careers together. I blame her more than him.  She seems totally unwilling to compromise on anything.

I agree with all of this x10!  Especially the John Edward thing, I thought the same thing immediately when she was like "I'll move anything I have scheduled around to meet with him" yet she was too busy for Kris' sister who was clearly really hurt by the whole thing.  Kim is an idiot.  She didn't even want to try to make that marriage work.  If I divorced my husband every time he got on my nerves a bit too much, I'd be divorced 50 times by now lol.  I get that Kris is a dbag, but he was that way before they got married too.  He hasn't changed since the first time they put him on the show so I'm not sure why she all of a sudden hates him.  She's a spoiled rotten biatch.  I'm def on Team Kris now.

TTC since March 2012 w/irregular and anovulatory cycles.  
    Moved to an RE October 2013  HSG- All clear , S/A- Normal , Bloodwork -Normal
    Uterine polyp found-  Hysteroscopy and D&C 12/6/13  DX w/complex endometrial hyperplasia
    Endometrial Biopsy 3/21/14 - Hyperplasia still present  Endometrial Biopsy #2 6/24/14 - All clear!
    IUI #1  w/stims and trigger - Started stims 7/7/14 - IUI 7/24/14 = BFP 8/7/14
    Beta #1 8/8 - 47  Beta#2 -137  Beta#3 - 96 Beta#4 -287 Beta#5 -519 Beta#6 121 = early miscarriage 5w4d
    Nestie Besties with Nfp147 
  • image clseale13:
    Regardless of who's to blame, the problem I have with this is that they were MARRIED. Everyone seemed to get that but her. Unless they communicated & tried to work on it off camera, you just don't give up & walk away that easily. 72 freakin days! No one was being abusive or cheating (in which case, by all means, walk away immediately if you'd like)...she didn't even want to try & work on it in a more normal setting when they got back home. Not once did it seem like she wanted to give that marriage a fair shot. I loved how clearly it seemed that Courtney was judging her. It was ridiculous. I did feel a little bad for her when she was visibly having a breakdown, but she needs to get a grip on reality & what it means to be in an adult relationship.

Ditto everything.

She is horrible to him and he is immature, but if you decided to be grown up enough to be married then you decided to be grown up to work on your marriage. She has been married before she didn't learn anything.

• Kris is a dbag and Kim is a selfish b!otch. They were both like that before they got married... no surprise there.

The "marriage" seemed like it fell apart because Kim refused to make ANY sort of compromise in their marriage. She is way too self-centered to have a husband and Kris said it best when he told her she wasn't ready to have someone else in her life. 

As a side note, I thought Scott was pretty endearing when he was talking to Kim during her breakdown. He has redeemed himself a little bit this season. 

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/33vlx6a.jpg[/IMG]
  • image angelashly:

image clseale13:
    Regardless of who's to blame, the problem I have with this is that they were MARRIED. Everyone seemed to get that but her. Unless they communicated & tried to work on it off camera, you just don't give up & walk away that easily. 72 freakin days! No one was being abusive or cheating (in which case, by all means, walk away immediately if you'd like)...she didn't even want to try & work on it in a more normal setting when they got back home. Not once did it seem like she wanted to give that marriage a fair shot. I loved how clearly it seemed that Courtney was judging her. It was ridiculous. I did feel a little bad for her when she was visibly having a breakdown, but she needs to get a grip on reality & what it means to be in an adult relationship.

Ditto everything.

She is horrible to him and he is immature, but if you decided to be grown up enough to be married then you decided to be grown up to work on your marriage. She has been married before she didn't learn anything.

See, I disagree with this. I've never been divorced and I'd totally be willing to go to counseling personally, but the fact that they were only together for 72 days makes this more like a break-up in my mind. I know they tied the knot, but, seriously---after getting to know one another (post marriage) they learned that they weren't compatible. It's too bad they didn't do that beforehand, but I don't really know what they could have learned in counseling to make them like one another and get onto the same path from such incredibly different starting points, you know? And, I'm not sure that an investment of a *whole* 72 days is worth that kind of emotional work and major life changes that each would need to make. It seems like a much better idea to make a clean break, do some work on themselves, and then find partners who are more compatible with each of them rather than trying to force what was a square peg into a round hole. 

• I can't get over Scott (of all people) being a total voice of reason. Everything he said in that makeup room made perfect sense. He started with "you do understand that you're married, right?" and didn't sugar coat anything for Kim. With Kourtney crying during this scene and Scott's speech, I actually think that was the most real moment on any Kardashian show. 

Lamar seemed pretty amazing on the phone too. Khloe and Kourtney seem to have landed great relationships (Scott has totally redeemed himself with me). It's clear to me that Kim just wanted the wedding and hoped the marriage would click into place. 

• From the beginning of the marriage, she was selfish. Remember when she called her mom and said "mom, I decided to stay on birth control and not have kids right now" and her mom responded "well, did you BOTH decide this?".  It's been obvious from the start that she didn't care at all what he wanted.

And the part of not even going to therapy to work on their marriage irked me too.

• I feel bad for both of them.  They didn't date long enough to build a strong relationship.  It's hard to be invested in a marriage when there isn't much a foundation to begin with. 

I think she freaked out and didn't know what to do.  He's not a peach and neither is she.  The situation wasshitty and I can see how running away and not doing the hard work seemed like the best way to go.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think they needed serious alone time. Not just one dinner date that Kris said he wanted to take a nap. 

No phones, no cameras, no family.

But like speckld mentioned - they didn't know each other long enough to see whether or not investing more time would be worth it.

And I also agree that Scott really redeemed himself. Good for him.  

• I thought the marriage was in jeopardy in the wedding specials. Kris said to Kim that she's been planning this wedding for years, anyone guy could just stand in. She wanted to get married because 30 was a round the corner and her sisters were settling down, Kris was bagging a Kardashian and the $ and fame that surrounds them, no one was thinking clear.

Yes, Kris was a a-hole to Kim (when he said "by the time we have kids, no one will know who you are") and just being rude to her family and such, but when the marriage got tough, Kim just shut down. The first year of marriage can be really hard sometimes and it doesn't help to be living with family in a hotel in a city you don't have roots in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The only things that matter to Kim in her entire life are Kim, Kim, and Kim.

It's all about her. Me me me me me me me me me me me me me. 

who the hell can stand to be around her for more than 5 minutes is what I want to know. How does she have friends? I don't get it. 

• image 5thOfJuly:
    image angelashly:

image clseale13:

Ditto everything.

See, I disagree with this. I've never been divorced and I'd totally be willing to go to counseling personally, but the fact that they were only together for 72 days makes this more like a break-up in my mind. I know they tied the knot, but, seriously---after getting to know one another (post marriage) they learned that they weren't compatible. It's too bad they didn't do that beforehand, but I don't really know what they could have learned in counseling to make them like one another and get onto the same path from such incredibly different starting points, you know? And, I'm not sure that an investment of a *whole* 72 days is worth that kind of emotional work and major life changes that each would need to make. It seems like a much better idea to make a clean break, do some work on themselves, and then find partners who are more compatible with each of them rather than trying to force what was a square peg into a round hole. 

I agree with you.  The marriage never should have happened in the first place.  It was definitely a break-up, it's what should have happened before the marriage and as a result there was nothing to fix.  You can't fix incompatibility which is exactly what these two were from the start, incompatiable.  I feel for her a bit in that you get this idea in your head of where your life should be when you hit a certain age and when it's not it's a bit devastating and can make for poor decisions.  I have a friend experiencing a similar situation in that her life is not where she thought it would be at her age and she's really struggling with it.  

I don't think they are bad people, they are just bad for each other and the end of this "marriage" was the best thing for them both.   

I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They've experienced pain and bought jewelry. -- Rita Rudner
  • The only thing I've been keeping in mind is that sometimes the amount of time dating really DOESN'T matter (in their world). Khloe and Lamar seem to have an incredibly stable and loving marriage, and they knew each other for what, 2 months? There is no telling if their marriage will last forever or not, but in the Kardashian world it just wasn't that weird to get married after dating a short time.

Despite this fact, I agree with all of you that said she didn't give it a fair shot. 72 days might not be a long time, but marriage should be taken seriously. And you should be able to talk to your husband about your feelings instead of leaving him in the dark.

Kourtney and Scott are becoming quick favorites in my book. Can't we just have a show about all of the Kardashians EXCEPT Kim? I would love to watch that. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers