Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Went to Mystic Falls (of Vampire Diaries) today! PIP

Covington, GA aka Mystic Falls, VA is only 30 minutes or so away from us so we took a drive out there today. I've known that the show was filmed near us but I just started watching it a month or so ago. As of today I am all caught up on the shows! I may look into some more areas to check out and go back. Today we just went to the downtown square and these were all within a few minutes of each other...

DH laughed pretty hard at how excited I was to see Mystic Grill!

The Gilbert House  (it's for sale)

The Lockwood Mansion (through the gates)- we actually "found it" by accident trying to turn around and get a pic of the Gilbert house. This was right around the corner.

Courthouse

Re: Went to Mystic Falls (of Vampire Diaries) today! PIP

• Pretty! I didn't even think to think it was a real place.
    Summer is here, it's swimming time!
    [IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2245/5771111605_6799799052_m.jpg[/IMG]
  • Awesome!!!
    metamorpHOUSE - The transition of a house to a home

Moxie and Mischief - The Offbeat Mama's Guide to
    Burlington County and Surrounding Areas
  • I didn't think it was real either! So cool!

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*
    Travel Adventures.
    Holiday
  • Yes, it's real! And it's funny because Mystic Grill is really a CPA office but you can only tell that if you walk right up to it and read that tiny white sign in the front-  it has the name of the office. But otherwise it looks like Mystic Grill all the time! That surprised me- I'd think that the show would put their sign up during filming or maybe even add one digitally later.

• So cool!  I didn't think it was real either.

*TTC since 10/11* 
    BFP: 9/30/12, EDD: 6/15/13
    *~*Our miracle arrived on 6/13/13*~*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What movie/show is this thread about?
  • image SparrowSong:
    What movie/show is this thread about?

Vampire Diaries

ETA: I will add this to the subject title. Thanks. 

• How cool!

I like that Mystic Grill is a real building!

BFP #1 8.16.10 m/c at 5w BFP #2 10.21.10 m/c at 5w4d
    BFP #3 2.15.11 EDD 10.27.11. DD born 10.29.11
    Betas @9dpo = 23 Betas @12dpo= 128.5 Betas @17dpo= 1075 Betas @21dpo =5800s
    @6w hb 114 bpm! @8w4d hb 178 bpm! @12w hb 169 bpm! @18w hb 150 bpm!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I need to talk H into going there one weekend.  It's only about an hour and 20 minutes from us.  I wanted to go one day when they were filming but I couldn't make it.  I am so in love with this show!
    image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image thatgirlang:

Yes, it's real! And it's funny because Mystic Grill is really a CPA office but you can only tell that if you walk right up to it and read that tiny white sign in the front-  it has the name of the office. But otherwise it looks like Mystic Grill all the time! That surprised me- I'd think that the show would put their sign up during filming or maybe even add one digitally later.

That's funny. Wonder if it confuses people really trying to find the CPA?

Summer is here, it's swimming time!
    [IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2245/5771111605_6799799052_m.jpg[/IMG]
  • image Jenni232323:
    image thatgirlang:

Yes, it's real! And it's funny because Mystic Grill is really a CPA office but you can only tell that if you walk right up to it and read that tiny white sign in the front-  it has the name of the office. But otherwise it looks like Mystic Grill all the time! That surprised me- I'd think that the show would put their sign up during filming or maybe even add one digitally later.

That's funny. Wonder if it confuses people really trying to find the CPA?

I don't know but it's a really small town. Maybe by now it's just common knowledge for everyone. And I guess when new people make appointments they say, "We're the green office with the Mystic Falls sign that has nothing to do with us...." Which probably leads to a whole conversation that they're tired of having. lol

• This is so cool! I'm also in Atlanta and have been wanting to visit the set since I started watching the show in 2009!

I was at a downtown bar last year and ran into the guys that play Alaric and Matt. That was cool. ;-) My boyfriend said he's seen Ian Somerhalder before (that's who I REALLLLLY want to meet).

• image americanrumba:

I was at a downtown bar last year and ran into the guys that play Alaric and Matt. That was cool. ;-) My boyfriend said he's seen Ian Somerhalder before (that's who I REALLLLLY want to meet).

So cool about Alaric and Matt. And yesssss about Ian. I looked for him. Like, really hard. LOL

• I will buy that Gilbert house RIGHT NOW if Ian (Damon) makes frequent visits to it like he does in the show, lol!!!!
  • image sinatragal:
    I will buy that Gilbert house RIGHT NOW if Ian (Damon) makes frequent visits to it like he does in the show, lol!!!!

Yes