Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I am soooooooo sleepy!

Hey everyone - wake up! What did you all do this weekend? Any plans for Valentine's Day? And gossip you want to share?

Re: I am soooooooo sleepy!

• Hi! I am sleepy too.  We went to Eischens on Saturday, then to Henry Hudson's, then to our friends' house.  It was a really fun evening.  But my dumb ass (and my BFF) decided it was a great idea to smoke in my car, so I had to detail it this morning to get the smell out.  Won't be doing that again...barf.  

No plans for V-day yet, but I want to go out for my birthday somewhere, which is the week before.  Maybe a nice dinner and ending up at a hole in the wall bar.  Those are my favorite.  

I got B's new seat installed last night and swung by the fire station to get it checked.  I thoroughly enjoyed checking out the beautiful firefighter...gracious.  I can look, right?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm sleepy too, and this leaves me with little patience for the child in front of me who only speaks in WHINES these days.  "But whyyyyyyyy mommy?  Why????"

I was sick all weekend, but I did go to a bridal show.  There were two different sushi vendors (yay for free samples).  I love sushi and I personally think all you can eat sushi would be awesome at a wedding reception, but I'm pretty sure half of the people there would leave complaining that we didn't have any food.  I also scheduled meetings with another caterer, florist, and baker (yay for cake tastings!) in the next couple of weeks. I read that paragraph and think, God, I'm such a fatty.  

• DH worked Saturday, so G and I went grocery shopping and did some napping :).  Sunday was a lazy day, nothing special but I was happy to finally have a weekend where we didn't have plans!

Nothing planned for Valentine's, but I'm thinking about asking MIL to keep G overnight one Saturday soon.  If that happens, we'll probably turn that into our Valentine weekend (which means we'll go out to eat and rent a movie--that's how we usually celebrate ;)).  Trying to decide if I'm ready for the overnight thing....actually, I think I'm ready but some guilt is holding me back...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • image drillerswife:
    DH worked Saturday, so G and I went grocery shopping and did some napping :).  Sunday was a lazy day, nothing special but I was happy to finally have a weekend where we didn't have plans!

Nothing planned for Valentine's, but I'm thinking about asking MIL to keep G overnight one Saturday soon.  If that happens, we'll probably turn that into our Valentine weekend (which means we'll go out to eat and rent a movie--that's how we usually celebrate ;)).  Trying to decide if I'm ready for the overnight thing....actually, I think I'm ready but some guilt is holding me back...

Guilt is completely unnecessary. You're not considering leaving him with someone who wouldn't want him there, he's not going somewhere he will be unhappy, and it's not like he's going to ever spend every night of his life with you anyhow. Take a night off and have fun. Will they do things exactly like you? No, but I promise it will be just fine.  

• image WendyToo:

I was sick all weekend, but I did go to a bridal show.  There were two different sushi vendors (yay for free samples).  I love sushi and I personally think all you can eat sushi would be awesome at a wedding reception, but I'm pretty sure half of the people there would leave complaining that we didn't have any food. .  

I would happily gobble my way through your wedding reception. I love love love sushi. :) 

• image bluekid:
    image WendyToo:

I was sick all weekend, but I did go to a bridal show.  There were two different sushi vendors (yay for free samples).  I love sushi and I personally think all you can eat sushi would be awesome at a wedding reception, but I'm pretty sure half of the people there would leave complaining that we didn't have any food. .  

I would happily gobble my way through your wedding reception. I love love love sushi. :) 

Me too! A wedding reception with sushi sounds like so much fun!

• image +PuppyWuppy+:
    image bluekid:
    image WendyToo:

Me too! A wedding reception with sushi sounds like so much fun!

You should have a sushi buffet while you're getting ready! :)

• image WendyToo:

I'm sleepy too, and this leaves me with little patience for the child in front of me who only speaks in WHINES these days.  "But whyyyyyyyy mommy?  Why????"

I was sick all weekend, but I did go to a bridal show.  There were two different sushi vendors (yay for free samples).  I love sushi and I personally think all you can eat sushi would be awesome at a wedding reception, but I'm pretty sure half of the people there would leave complaining that we didn't have any food.  I also scheduled meetings with another caterer, florist, and baker (yay for cake tastings!) in the next couple of weeks. I read that paragraph and think, God, I'm such a fatty.  

I would LOVE a sushi buffet!! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • For real, this board has been DEAD.

We spent the weekend cleaning. I also got to take some pictures of a sweet new baby. Every waking moment I have free I have been working on photography stuff, it's been quite consuming! 

We are probably not going to do anything for Valentine's day. If we do, it will just be at home. We're in freakish saving mode. We both need new cars!

• Sushi sounds so good...yum.

And yes - this board has been super dead! It was a quiet weekend for me, for the most part. I had to work most of Saturday, so my parents kept JJ for the weekend. Went to a friend's housewarming and didn't feel well, so I just sat around watched everyone get drunk [which was quite entertaining]. The party moved to a club in OKC, and I went to my sister's to watch the Australian Open until like, 4am. 

Spent most of Sunday sleeping, but I did get up and go to 1492 [midtown]. Never been there before, and it was SO good. Yum.

[url=http://charmedkindoflife.blogspot.com/].:.Charmed Kind of Life [2.17.13].:.[/url]
  • I stayed home sick yesterday, and I'm staying home sick today too. My sinuses are just so flippin' clogged, so I have this awful sinus headache and pressure. So I'm miserable, but at the same time I have totally enjoyed wandering around the house in my pajamas, catching up on my girly shows (Pan Am, Glee, What Not to Wear, etc.).

Didn't do much this past weekend. No plans yet for V-Day, though we'll probably do dinner or something. I should probably get on that and make reservations...

Books read in 2012: 49
    my bookshelf!
    Katie (gingerfeathers)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Bloggy
  • Our weekend was great since we had new living room furniture delivered. Our living room looks so different but it needs other things redone to it now. We mainly just lounged around the rest of the weekend.

We don't have plans for Valentine's Day but Friday night we are going out to eat and then going to this Beatles tribute concert that they are having in Norman. DH's brother and his wife are coming into town to go with us.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • We got outside for a bit to enjoy the sunshine and took pup dog to the park, went to church, cleaned, and ran some errands. Got my monthly fix of Big Truck Tacos. I really do like that place, even though it's over hyped.

Tuesdays are one of H's surgery days, so he'll probably be home too late to do anything fancy at home for V day dinner. I'll probably just have him pick up a pizza or something. We're not big "Hallmark holiday" celebrators.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image WendyToo:
    image drillerswife:
    DH worked Saturday, so G and I went grocery shopping and did some napping :).  Sunday was a lazy day, nothing special but I was happy to finally have a weekend where we didn't have plans!

Guilt is completely unnecessary. You're not considering leaving him with someone who wouldn't want him there, he's not going somewhere he will be unhappy, and it's not like he's going to ever spend every night of his life with you anyhow. Take a night off and have fun. Will they do things exactly like you? No, but I promise it will be just fine.  

Yes Thanks, Wendy!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Hmm...nothing much to brag about for this past weekend. I spent half of it sleeping. I didn't sleep well during the week, so I was exhausted by the end. I did go to a "holiday" gathering Saturday night. Christmas is always busy, so we get together for dinner and a dirt Santa exchange in late January instead.

No plans for Valentine's day. We usually go out for dinner a few days before or after, so we don't have to deal with the crowds or higher prices. That's about all we ever do for it.

image image