Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Babysitting Question

I know I don't post all that much on here, but I have a quick question.  A family that goes to the school where I teach asked me to watch their 2 kids for two days after school this coming week.  She asked me what I'd charge, but I'm not sure what the going rate is anymore.

The kids are in 2nd and 4th grade.  I'd be watching them on Wednesday and Thursday after school from about 3 to 6.  I'd have to take one to dance on Wednesday and one to basketball practice on Thursday.

Thanks ladies! 

Anniversary image

Re: Babysitting Question

• I pay my sitters $10/hr for one kid. But he's 3 and kind of a hellion, so there's that, too.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would think $25-30 a day, depending on how far you're going to be driving and what else you'll do with the kids. Fixing dinner, helping with homework, etc.

I babysat some this summer (I'm also a teacher) and it seems $10 an hour is the going rate for younger kids. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks!  I was thinking around $10/hour.  
    Anniversary image