Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

FFFC/AW/Vents/Whatever

Re: FFFC/AW/Vents/Whatever

• FFFC/Vent: Sometimes I just want to tell H to shut up. He's been rambling on and on and on lately about nothing, or the same things he complains about allllll the time (lack of vacation time at work), and it's getting old. I can rarely watch a tv show without him interrupting it to comment several times, usually pausing it so we can have a prolonged "discussion."  After work, I just want to shut my brain off for a bit and watch my [email protected] comedy shows. When he watches football, he has an ongoing monologue with the tv. I had a business meeting out of town Tuesday, taking the 1st flight of the morning there and the last flight back. I was exhausted when I came home, and just wanted to mindlessly check my websites and go to bed. I told him this, he agreed, then proceeded to try to discuss our investments and his work. Gaaaah. Enough already.
    image image
  • We are selling the house and moving to new jersey and I knew my family would be upset, but their actions and the horrible things they have said make me want to leave now and I really don't even want to visit them. They are acting like children and I really want to punch my sister's boyfriend right in the nose.

I have a friend who is getting divorced and she said she wishes it was legal to hire a hitman to get her husband out of her and her daughter's life. I know she was just mad, but it made me want to punch her too.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image ShansBride:
    We are selling the house and moving to new jersey and I knew my family would be upset, but their actions and the horrible things they have said make me want to leave now and I really don't even want to visit them. They are acting like children and I really want to punch my sister's boyfriend right in the nose.

Whoa, what?

Regardless, it is YOUR life and YOUR kids and you can do whatever the hell you want as long as you are financially supporting yourself and not putting your family in danger. Tell them to f off, seriously.  There is a way of expressing concern to your child without being a condescending a$$hole and there is no reason for ANYONE, including your sister's boyfriend, to tell you what to do with your life.  ((Sorry, your comments just really hit home))

• image ShansBride:
    We are selling the house and moving to new jersey and I knew my family would be upset, but their actions and the horrible things they have said make me want to leave now and I really don't even want to visit them. They are acting like children and I really want to punch my sister's boyfriend right in the nose.

Oh wow! What is in NJ? That's kind of exciting. :) I'm sorry that your family is being so freaking insensitive to you, though. You have to do what you have to do, and a move like that hardly warrants that kind of treatment. I hope they straighten up and apologize to you very soon. 

FFFC: I fussed and fussed the other day because we decided to continue not getting Netflix. It's 8 blasted dollars, but I didn't want to figure out where that was going to come out of the budget, so I just fussed about it instead of actually solving anything. It was one of those saving-is-hard days, I guess. And now I'm rolling my eyes at myself because there are lots of people who are living paycheck to paycheck, whereas we are CHOOSING to do this to ourselves in order to save for our house. Ugh, I was being dumb.

AW: One of the guards at work yesterday told me that they decided that I and some other person I don't know were the ones that cheered them up the most. He said, "You're always smiling when you come in, and it makes us cheer up every time we see you!" I just loved that. I think they're actually quite stellar at their jobs and pleasant to boot, so it's really easy to smile at them anyway. It just made me happy. 

• ShansBride, I was wondering how your family would react to your move. Sorry they're being butts. :(

My FFFC: The shirt I'm wearing today is a lot lower-cut than I originally thought. Tongue Tied Going to be extra careful to not bend over in front of anyone today.

I hate it when that happens. 

Books read in 2012: 49
    my bookshelf!
    Katie (gingerfeathers)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Bloggy
  • image ShansBride:

I have a friend who is getting divorced and she said she wishes it was legal to hire a hitman to get her husband out of her and her daughter's life. I know she was just mad, but it made me want to punch her too.

I am happy for you! I think it sucks that your family is not being supportive. No one but you know what is best for you and your kids so no one should judge you.

Shop my ThirtyOne Site anytime 24/7 www.mythirtyone.com/116821
  • ShansBride - I'm sorry they're being butts, too. :(

I hate that I'm such a worrywart. I'm gonna be on edge most of the year because we have a lot of stuff going on that could either end well or end badly, and I hate that I'll worry a few years off my life in the process.

I'm dreading looking for a new car. I'm supposed to go look with my dad when he's home on R&R, and I already have a list of excuses as to why I don't want to go. Blah.

[url=http://charmedkindoflife.blogspot.com/].:.Charmed Kind of Life [2.17.13].:.[/url]
  • I don't understand why everyone loves the French Quarter so much. I thought it was dirty and scummy and gross. I won't ever go back unless I have to. 
  • image OSUWifey09:

ShansBride - I'm sorry they're being butts, too. :(

I hate that I'm such a worrywart. I'm gonna be on edge most of the year because we have a lot of stuff going on that could either end well or end badly, and I hate that I'll worry a few years off my life in the process.

I'm dreading looking for a new car. I'm supposed to go look with my dad when he's home on R&R, and I already have a list of excuses as to why I don't want to go. Blah.

Like I said yesterday-just go get an Acadia. Big Smile

• image tbvenable:
    image OSUWifey09:

I started looking at them last night and am totally in love. Damn you for showing me yours. :P

[url=http://charmedkindoflife.blogspot.com/].:.Charmed Kind of Life [2.17.13].:.[/url]
  • image BlinkingLight1:
    I don't understand why everyone loves the French Quarter so much. I thought it was dirty and scummy and gross. I won't ever go back unless I have to. 

New Orleans restaurants = delicious.

Bourbon Street = rat infested and smells like pee.

• image ShansBride:

Screw them. You deserve some happiness, that's for sure. That said, your sister's boyfriend? Really? In what universe does he think he gets an opinion? If he does then I suppose your aunt's hairdresser's dog groomer gets to tell you what to do, too.

• Okay, new vent: The horse broke his effing knee. BROKE HIS KNEE. I'm really, really sad about the situation in general, but the human politics involved in the situation are enraging me right now, and the unknown is really freaking me out. It's not life-threatening (thank God) at least. Guess I need to be grateful for the little things.

But man I need a drink... and I can't have one until I get to Dallas tonight.

Books read in 2012: 49
    my bookshelf!
    Katie (gingerfeathers)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Bloggy
  • image ShansBride:

So why is your family so against the move? Are their motivations ultimately concern for you and the kids or something selfish? 

• image ShansBride:

Good luck with your new beginnings.  I understand it must be stressful, but sometimes you just have to try and look at things from your family's perspective and maybe they are just concerned about what an overwhelming year you've had.  Change is scary; but good things can come out of it.  I think when you're a strong, independent woman who can stand on her own two feet and doesn't need anyone telling her what to do, you can make the best decision for you and your family. 

• image OSUWifey09:
    image tbvenable:
    image OSUWifey09:

I started looking at them last night and am totally in love. Damn you for showing me yours. :P

Bahahahah! I can't help it I have good taste in vehicles. Wink If you test drive one you will be in love.

• Also, I forgot my AW:

I got my braces off today!

• image WendyToo:

Also, I forgot my AW:

You're so pretty. And your teeth look really great!

Shans...you do what makes the most sense for you and the kids.  I hope they come around.

Vent:  my windows on the sexpo quit working in the front (some busted ass part in the passenger BROKE OFF while i was rolling it up, and the drivers sideis slow as fuucckk) and I had to pay $875 to get them fixed and I am beside myself about it.  Motor + some other broken ass part equals a dumb amount of money.

H is annoyed at the fact that my vehicle is an 08, bought new, and I've put 80k miles on it.  Damn, I like to go.  I am not sitting my ass at home.  Sorry!

Im on day 3 of H being in TX and I'm already buzzed on wine.  Ha! But no worries, my car won't be done until tomorrow so I'm stuck at home.  Effff.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image WendyToo:

image ShansBride:

So why is your family so against the move? Are their motivations ultimately concern for you and the kids or something selfish? 

They are mad because won't get to see the kids every week.  My mom called this afternoon and said she thinks it is best for me, but she doesn't want the kids to grow up without them.  She is still trying to talk me out of it like mad though.  Plus, it is a little crazy.  I can admit that.

But it is still a well thought out choice.  I didn't just decide to do this on a whim and I find it incredibly insulting that anyone would think I would do something that is not right for my kids. 

And my sister's boyfriend.  He is just an azzhat.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • You're too sweet Boymom. Thanks! Jenn, I'm glad it sounds like you're reaching some reasonable middle ground with your family.
  • We went to DH's aunt's wedding today. They had a money tree at the reception---I'm still judging them.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Bourbon Street itself can be kind of icky. But The French Quarter is my favorite place on earth. The architecture, history, etc are awesome. Jackson Square, St. Louis Cathedrel, Royal St. Love it all so much.

Shans, I'm sorry your family is upsetting you. I'm sure they are just concerned for you and mean well. To be honest, I'd give the side-eye to a family member moving across the country in your situation, just out of concern for making such a big decision so soon after a major life change.
  • image WendyToo:

Also, I forgot my AW:

Congrats! You look great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker