Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Being Human (UK)

Just getting into this on Netflix. Liking it so far, but am I missing something or are they playing pretty fast and loose with the Vampire mythology? It's a little Stephanie Meyers-esque and it's pissing me off. Mitchell can be out in the daytime? He doesn't seem to need blood at all, and he drinks beer. I've also heard them reference breathing. Does this get explained, or do I just need to go with it and stop being so critical?
[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2zic2lx.jpg[/IMG]
[url=http://www.thebump.com/?Utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers]
[img]Http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt14Bd29.aspx[/img][/url]

Re: Being Human (UK)

• I need to watch more popular shows....
    [IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2zic2lx.jpg[/IMG]
    [url=http://www.thebump.com/?Utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers]
    [img]Http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt14Bd29.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I love this show.  The US version isn't nearly as good.

They do deviate a lot from traditional vampire mythos, but so did Anne Rice and Charlaine Harris before Stephanie Meyers ever picked up a pen.

If it helps, the show was originally planned as a nonsupernatural flatmates story - a drug addict, a guy with anger management issues and an agoraphobe live together... so the super stuff is all kind of a metaphor.  Mitchell's bloodlust is equated with an addiction.  They even talk about him going off the wagon.  He's sensitive to sunlight, but goes outside regularly.  I think he still has to be invited in.  Drinking blood makes him stronger (and high... and horny sometimes), stake through the heart could kill him. He and George got jobs at the hospital because people ignore janitors and orderlies... they work nights... they have access to blood... there's an unused room in the basement where George can change safely.

I admit it took some getting used to, but the characters are great, and their relationships really develop as the show goes on.  Also, Mitchell is hot.

• This thread must have had a sleeper effect on me...I was looking for something to watch last night, and watched the first episode of this.  I liked it -- all the actors are good, but it definitely wasn't super-gripping.  At the end I thought maybe it was a two-hour pilot, but then I looked and it was only an hour.  I may watch more, but I'm not in a huge rush like I am in some shows.
    [IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/15dt561.jpg[/IMG]
  • image dr.girlfriend:
    This thread must have had a sleeper effect on me...I was looking for something to watch last night, and watched the first episode of this.  I liked it -- all the actors are good, but it definitely wasn't super-gripping.  At the end I thought maybe it was a two-hour pilot, but then I looked and it was only an hour.  I may watch more, but I'm not in a huge rush like I am in some shows.

I came accross while channel surfing one day a couple years ago.  I remember feeling the same way about the actors being good but it wasn't super-gripping.  If you keep watching....it will suck you in. 

I get very frustrated with how long it takes for BBC America to air each season.  I'm patiently waiting for season 4 to air here.

ETA: Season 4 hasn't even aired over there, yet.  lol

• I somehow stumbled upon this show on Netflix and was quickly hooked. The pilot wasn't available so I was a little confused during the first episode, but, as the series progressed & more background information was provided it all started to make sense. I also love the music they use, both score and soundtrack. 

*Spoiler*

Aidan Turner (MItchell) will not return for series 4 since he is currently filming "The Hobbit". I also read that Russel Tovey (George) although in series 4 will be leaving the show and will not return for series 5.

• image lovelyblueorchid:

*Spoiler*

Aidan Turner (MItchell) will not return for series 4 since he is currently filming "The Hobbit". I also read that Russel Tovey (George) although in series 4 will be leaving the show and will not return for series 5.

I was hoping Mitchell would be in season 4.  Sad But didn't know how they could even bring back him back for it.

There's going to be a 5th season?!  

• yeah, they ended Mitchell's storyline fairly permanently in the most recent season.  I read that Russell Tovey didn't like doing the next season without Aidan, so he's dropping out (possibly after taping the next season?).  He implied that the show would continue without them both.  I'm having a hard time picturing the Annie and Nina Show, but maybe they'll introduce someone interesting in the upcoming season before George leaves (they'll need a new vamp anyway since Aidan's out).