Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Getting around Ft Worth...

I know you ladies already maintain a list of information about the DFW are, thank you so much in advance for all your thoughts/advice on the area. 

I have one question though that I dont see the answer to. My company is relocating to Forth Worth, close to Forest Hill/Everman. Ideally I think we'd like to live in Southlake/Keller/Colleyville which seem to be about 30 minutes away. But how much longer would you estimate that drive will take with traffic? 

Also, if I really want to keep a 30 min max commute what are the best areas to live on the southern end of Ft Worth?? 

Re: Getting around Ft Worth...

• The Southlake/Keller/Colleyville area is more like 45 min or so depending on traffic.  If you want to stay somewhere around 30 min commute and you want the southern end of FTW you might want to look around Hulen and 30 or the TCU area.  Not sure what your price range is but those are around the same as the Southlake/Colleyville area but much closer to the south part of FTW.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In rush hour Everman to Keller is about 45 minutes, to Colleyville an hour to hour and 15. You could look in the Benbrook area or if you'd like to stay in South Fort Worth the Hulen/20 area has nice areas. If you are willing to live South of work, Mansfield is nice and very near your work. Arlington is slightly east of your work area and has nice areas as well.
    [IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

1/2012: Fertility workup including SA/HSG - no issues. DX: Unexplained

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

IVF#1 = BFP - ER 12/6, ET 12/11 - 20R, 15M, 14F - 2 transferred, 2 frozen

Betas: #1(9dp5dt)-50, #2(13dp5dt)-467, #3(16dp5dt)-839, #4(20dp5dt)-1825

Saw HB - 7w1d, missed m/c - 9w1d

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • image SPonchette:

I know you ladies already maintain a list of information about the DFW are, thank you so much in advance for all your thoughts/advice on the area. 

I have one question though that I dont see the answer to. My company is relocating to Forth Worth, close to Forest Hill/Everman. Ideally I think we'd like to live in Southlake/Keller/Colleyville which seem to be about 30 minutes away. But how much longer would you estimate that drive will take with traffic? 

Also, if I really want to keep a 30 min max commute what are the best areas to live on the southern end of Ft Worth?? 

It takes us about 45 minutes to an hour to get to DH's grandparents house in Southlake on any weekend. There is a lot of construction going on around those areas right now also, so could . We live in the Fort Worth area. I actually work off the Everman exit currently. I grew up in Burleson area. I would look into Benbrook, Mansfield, Burleson, and Crowley areas.

Anniversary
  • image thecatsmeow7:

We live in the Fort Worth area. I actually work off the Everman exit currently. I grew up in Burleson area. I would look into Benbrook, Mansfield, Burleson, and Crowley areas.

DH used to live in Burleson, and I like it down there.  Crowley/Burleson is a far closer drive.  I'd say 15-25, depending on traffic.. and there is an HEB, which makes me happy.. hahahah.  

When I'd stay there, and work here at DFW airport right east of Southlake, it took me a SOLID hour in traffic.   

-Jennifer! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • You could also consider North Richland Hills and Hurst.  They may be just a little over your 30 minutes but those are pretty nice areas and they have lots of shopping and dining.
  • I agree with PPs. You can try Hulen/I-20, or Burleson/Crowley. IMO, theres not really any traffic going out of Burleson/Crowley into Fort Worth, by Huguley hospital. Theres a lot of shopping in and around Burleson, too.
  • Thanks for your thoughts will def look into these locations!

In terms of schools (elementary), which towns to the south are best? Private schools are ok too.... just dont want to be too far from where kids would be attending.  

• image juliebug1997:
    You could also consider North Richland Hills and Hurst.  They may be just a little over your 30 minutes but those are pretty nice areas and they have lots of shopping and dining.

that would be 30 minutes with little traffic, and way too much shopping traffic.