Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

XP... I challenge YOU nesties.

I posted this on my local board, but, know what? Why can't we do it nationally too??

I challenge you to do a random act of kindness for a stranger. And post your good deed here to encourage others.

What prompted this? My friend on FB posted how someone paid his toll the other day, and I saw a woman hand a hot cup of coffee to the town homeless/hitchhiker out side of dunkin donuts, and... really, why can't we just do something nice?!

So, no, don't do something nice for your BFF, unless its like really supa dupa nice, but try and please a stranger so they hopefully pay it forward too.

I know you can do it... I will do it too! 

Re: XP... I challenge YOU nesties.

• I think most of us do RAsK all the time.  We let someone with one item cut in front of us at the store, we give a quarter to someone who's short on money, we wave someone in a long traffic line, we bring a coworker a surprise donut, etc. 
    image Visit The Nest! Love to scrapbook!
  • yes, true I guess my "challenge" was more to more intentionally set out to do something kind....

not insinuating that no one here doesn't ever do random acts of kindness....

but, I did do something today...

I was online @ Dunkin Donuts drive thru and asked the cashier to also put the total for the  car behind me  on my bill. I had no idea who they were, nor do they know who I was....

• image mrse1107:

yes, true I guess my "challenge" was more to more intentionally set out to do something kind....

I was online @ Dunkin Donuts drive thru and asked the cashier to also put the total for the  car behind me  on my bill. I had no idea who they were, nor do they know who I was....

This.  Someone did that for me at the Starbucks drive thru on some random morning.  I wanted to pay it forward right there, but the one behind me was like $15, and I didn't feel that generous, since my coffee was $3.  Anyway, I paid it forward about 3 months later and was very pleased.   Big Smile

*TTC since 10/11* 
    BFP: 9/30/12, EDD: 6/15/13
    *~*Our miracle arrived on 6/13/13*~*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image mrse1107:

yes, true I guess my "challenge" was more to more intentionally set out to do something kind....

I paid for the person behind me at Zaxby's one day and it was such a great feeling! :)

• The last one I did was a few days before Christmas, I went to a pasta place and had lunch by myself, my bill was $15 and I tipped the waittress $20.  Made me feel really good!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers