Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Scott-Kim & Kourtney NY

I never watched any of the Kardashian shows before but started watching this one recently. I maybe caught 1 or 2 episodes of the other shows over the years. Anyway, I remember hearing people bash Scott and so far I think I really like him.

I think he is funny and self aware. He can be crass but so can all of them.

Any thoughts on him? I know I missed the past shows where I guess he had a drinking problem? Seems like he learned from it or am I off base? I was reallly surprised how good he was to Kourtney's mom when he went with her to do the tv show and like I said, I thought he was pretty funny this past episode.

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Scott-Kim & Kourtney NY

• He had a scary drinking problem (fighting, breaking glasses, yelling at kourtney, cheating, having parties, flirting with other girls, storming off) he's not a very good guy. Too bad she is still having kids with him
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • while I def think he had a terrible drinking problem I wonder how much is played up, faked or exaggerated for the show. I feel like  (hope?) Kourtney can't be dumb enough to try to have a second kid with a guy as awful as they make him out to be.
    -Clare
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I have only seen a handful of Kardashian episodes, but where did she find Scott? Has she always been with him?

I also get the feeling that they over do him being a jerk for the show.  Everyone has jerky moments - thankfully they are not videotaped. 

• I think he probably does have a drinking problem. But I  think of him as an "actor" and this is his role. He also doesn't seem to actually have a job anyway so this is his meal-ticket. Despite Kris Jenner's love/hate relationship with him, he plays a role in HER show and they both need each other to keep up the lifestyle they both seem to enjoy so much. So, I think most of it is an act.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I wonder if the Kardashians ever forget who they really are and what they really think of each other. That line between reality and character has to get blurry sometimes.
    "Life seems nothing more than a quick succession of busy nothings." Fanny Price
  • I believe he had a drinking problem at one time; not sure if he really kicked the habit completely or if that's just for the show.  Maybe he sips an occasional beer in real life, but who knows.

I actually like him though.  I think he helps bring entertaining drama to the show when he starts arguing with someone over silly stuff.  :)

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/x200p0.jpg[/IMG]
  • image festivegal2008:

I believe he had a drinking problem at one time; not sure if he really kicked the habit completely or if that's just for the show.  Maybe he sips an occasional beer in real life, but who knows.

I actually like him though.  I think he helps bring entertaining drama to the show when he starts arguing with someone over silly stuff.  :)

I agree.

I actually am starting to like him. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Im starting to like him too...

He loves Mason and Kourtney too...

I felt bad for him when he mentioned that Kourtney didnt sleep in the same bed with him...poor guy...

Photobucket
  • I'm starting to like Scott too.  But I also agree with another nestie who pointed out that now that Kim and Kris are divorcing, Scott doesn't have to be "the villian" in the family.  They are doing a really good job of making a huge deal out of the issues Kris brought into the family.  Scott likes money as does Kris Jenner.  Now they don't have to play up any faults of Scott's because they can make Kris H look like the bad guy.
    [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt147797.aspx[/img][/url]
  • Last season (Kim/Kourtney take Miami), I haaated Scott... this season of K/K take NY, he's been growing on me, a little bit. At the end of a recent episode where Kourtney and Scott go out partying and Kourtney gets super drunk and calls Scott's bluff on the whole threesome thing, there is a scene where he says to Kourtney, something along the lines of you're my best friend, my whole world is right here with you and Mason, any kind of fantasy I have is right in my head but you are my real dream girl... or something to that effect. I thought it was really sweet, I have to admit.