Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Poll: Which movie?

H and I are going to try for a movie tomorrow after me being cooped up in bed for over a week with a fever. There are lots on our to-see list this season but these are the ones that we'd be happy seeing now. We can't decide which one to see: Sherlock Holmes, Young Adult, or Mission: Impossible?

[Poll]

Re: Poll: Which movie?

• Let me know how it is, please.

*TTC since 10/11* 
    BFP: 9/30/12, EDD: 6/15/13
    *~*Our miracle arrived on 6/13/13*~*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Absolutely Mission Impossible, it is great. Much better than its predecessors, and a really fun action movie overall. It has been a long time since an action movie has made me gasp or be on the edge of my seat... but this did! 

Sherlock Holmes is pretty good, but not as strong as Mission Impossible. It isn't as good as the first SH either- more action, less mystery, and weaker dialogue.  

I haven't seen Young Adult but it isn't my type of movie.  

• I saw Young Adult last night.  See two posts below.  I know some people on here have really liked it.  For me it was well done but truly bizarre.  I was mesmerized but I can't say whether I liked it or not.  ;)
  • DH and I just saw Sherlock. It was really good. I actually liked more than the first one, and I really like the first one :o)
  • DH and I saw Sherlock Holmes the first weekend it came out and loved it. I did like the first one a bit better only because there is more mystery and suspense. Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law are quite wonderful to look at as well!
    BFP #1 8.16.10 m/c at 5w BFP #2 10.21.10 m/c at 5w4d
    BFP #3 2.15.11 EDD 10.27.11. DD born 10.29.11
    Betas @9dpo = 23 Betas @12dpo= 128.5 Betas @17dpo= 1075 Betas @21dpo =5800s
    @6w hb 114 bpm! @8w4d hb 178 bpm! @12w hb 169 bpm! @18w hb 150 bpm!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Young Adult... this is intriguing, but I'm waiting for our local dollar theater or video.

Sherlock Holmes... didn't like the first one, and this one isn't getting good reviews.  My cousin didn't like it. (he goes to a lot of movies)

Mission is getting great reviews.

Romney-Portman 2012 ORGAN DONOR: DEAL WITH IT. :-) :-)
  • I voted Mission Impossible. Sherlock Holmes and Young Adult will be just as good on dvd. Mission Impossible is one of those that is much much better on the big screen.

We saw it last night and it was good too.

-Clare
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I saw Sherlock Holmes and loved it! Just as good if not better than the original.
  • Amy, which movie did you see? MH and I plan to see mission impossible but I'm kinda on the fence about it.  Is Tom cruise more annoying than usual in this film?
  • image mavjen:
    Amy, which movie did you see? MH and I plan to see mission impossible but I'm kinda on the fence about it.  Is Tom cruise more annoying than usual in this film?

LOL. Tom Cruise is actually supposed to be good in this one. 

I was told by my guy BFF to see Sherlock Holmes. I am still a little loopy and he says this will be just the right amount of brain cell activity. It's kinda what I'm searching for. But that doesn't mean we won't see Mission Impossible tomorrow. ;)

• Thanks for responding and I really hope you're back to 100% as soon as possible. 

I think we're going to see MI based on the comments in this thread, or the one comment, plus the high rotten tomatoes rating.  I'll let you know my thoughts after I see it tonight.

I love robert Downey Jr., but I wasn't crazy about the first SH movie. Maybe I will wait to see it on Netflix. 

• FYI, MI was good and worthwhile to see in the theater.  Just read your other thread, hope you made it out tonight!
  • image mavjen:
    FYI, MI was good and worthwhile to see in the theater.  Just read your other thread, hope you made it out tonight!

Good to hear mav.  We're picking out our movie time for tomorrow already.

• What's wrong with people?

Nobody needs to see Young Adult on a big screen.

You NEED to see something like Mission Impossible at the theater for maximum enjoyment!