Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Fave gift(s)?

What did you get that you really liked or surprised about?

My BIL's GF gave us a photo-to-canvas picture of the 3 of us that we took at OBX this year and i LOVE it.  I decided it's going to be the start of the gallery wall down the basement stairs (which will be the second one in a stairway in our house, I really like gallery walls :).  My sister gave me a print that I mentioned I liked months ago, total surprise and is also going on the stairway gallery wall it is the seeing eye chart style and it says "Never Loose Sight of the Fact that Just Being is Fun."  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Fave gift(s)?

• Aw that was a sweet gift from your BIL's GF! 

I wasn't super surprised about anything - even though I didnt have a list lol - i did get rain boots which I have desperately needed (and now its raining, so yay, ha), and my SIL crocheted two beautiful scarves for me out of a nice thick wool.  H got me slipper socks from LL Bean which I think might be my new favorite thing haha. It's the little things in life!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DH got me a remote starter for my car so we never have to get into a freezing car anymore, which I am thrilled about.

But my favorite gift was this. DH re-created my favorite baby picture of me with Bailey and framed them. The thought and effort brought me to tears and I love it. It's also extra sweet since my mom always said she just loved this photo of me. DH had no idea.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Mella&T:

But my favorite gift was this. DH re-created my favorite baby picture of me with Bailey and framed them. The thought and effort brought me to tears and I love it. It's also extra sweet since my mom always said she just loved this photo of me. DH had no idea.

This is SO sweet!!!!

I got a lot of nice gifts from family, but nothing super surprising.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • DH got me some replacement plates (we had 4 plates left from our set of 8). I also got the kindle fire, which I love. I'm a little upset at myself for not bringing it in today, but whatever.

My SIL/BIL got us some small tiny bows for the baby. It was very sweet to think of her. And Annabelle was very spoiled this year as well. 

image, image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • MIL got me a Ninja blender thing....  I really wanted one and didn't realize she was listening Smile  I used it last night to make a smoothie.  It will be great for baby food too.
    IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
  • Dh got me an organizer for my cake decorating stuff. It looks like a tackle box and was a surprise.

My mom gave me a mouse pad with a picture of the kids which I also love!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My favorite was probably my new camera lens, bc I've been wanting it forever.  I also got a LOT of gift cards for post-Thing 2 shopping, which I'm really excited about - it'll be great to get some new clothes and not worry about what I'm spending! 

• Mella&T - that is such a sweet gift.

DH is happy with his Keurig and I'm happy that my mom loved the calendar and sweetshirt that I gave her.  I didn't get a lot of gifts because I really wanted weave poles that were pretty expensive but I'm excited to start training with them.

My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • DH totally surprised me with a Nook tablet.
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • As usual, DH went above and beyond and spoiled me.  My favorites were my Breville Toaster Oven & Chef's Mat for the Kitchen.  He also got me a new pair of Under Armour tennis shoes (we have been working out with a trainer three times a week and I've been complaining about my New Balance shoes).
    image *Amber & Chuck - October 25, 2008* Anniversary
  • This is so lame....my mom got us a chip and dip platter that is really cute and that I can't wait to use. My dad just gave me a gift card which was pretty unoriginal but i got an adorable handbag with it today so i am pretty psyched about that.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My Mom got me the huge Wilton cake decorating supplies kit, which caught me completely off guard. DH got me Glee Karaoke Revolution and You Don't Know Jack for the Wii (which was a Santa gift for DD), plus an iHome docking station for my phone, none of which I expected. From my wish list I received my food processor, a waffle maker, a madeleine pan, a whoopie pie pan, and the complete Cooking Light cookbook collection.
    ed + dani 10.31.08 | miranda 04.10.07 | liam 09.06.12<p>
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2jezlp3.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2rx75vm.jpg[/IMG]
  • image lenebene:
    MIL got me a Ninja blender thing....  I really wanted one and didn't realize she was listening Smile  I used it last night to make a smoothie.  It will be great for baby food too.

I need lessons with this! My mom got me one last Christmas and I have never opened it, I don't know why I find it so confusing.  

• My MIL made a collage from our Warrior Dash pictures that I loved. It was the first "race" DH ever did and he loved it. We both liked that gift a lot, I love seeing the looks on our faces.

My parents gift to us is 10 days in Aruba, they're covering dinners and activities and my mom got is luggage and filled it with travel items and things from Aruba (beach towels, t-shirts, shot glasses, etc).

DH got me remote start for the new car and I cannot freaking wait to get into a freezing car, esp at 5am when I'm leaving for the gym in shorts!  

• image MrsNDM:

image lenebene:
    MIL got me a Ninja blender thing....  I really wanted one and didn't realize she was listening Smile  I used it last night to make a smoothie.  It will be great for baby food too.

I need lessons with this! My mom got me one last Christmas and I have never opened it, I don't know why I find it so confusing.  

LOL it's just a mini food processor or drink maker.  It's super easy.  Just throw everything in and mix.   (Milk, ice cream = milkshake  OR protein, strawberries, banana, milk = protein shake)

IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
  • My aunt painted an amazing picture of our dog. Totally took us by surprise.
  • I think my faves would be my new Keurig from the in-laws (plus 4 boxes of different K cups!) and tickets to see Rascal Flatts in Atlantic City in January from DH.  DH had asked me to take off some days at the end of January and it turns out that he was planning a weekend away! Stick out tongue