Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

costa rica recs?

My BFF and her husband are going on an impromptu trip to Costa Rica this coming week, so I thought I'd ask here for any recommendations for food/activities/etc in Northwest Costa Rica - I think the town they're in is called Playa Tamarindo.  Thanks girls!
image  image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: costa rica recs?

• I LOVE Tamarindo!!  I went there for Spring Break with a girlfriend of mine. 

They have to try surfing-- Tamarindo is one of the surf capitals of the world.  I was horrible at it, but so glad I tried.  There is also a local drink there.... some kind of alcohol (not a mainstream one) mixed with Fanta.  That was very good!  Let me see if I can remember some of the places I ate that were good.... I'll get back to you.

• Wow, I'm losing my mind.

They MUST do a canopy tour.  I've done them there and in Puerto Vallarta, and there was by far the best.  It is so cool to actually be in a rain forest.  We did a tour that included a water slide down the side of a mountain, horseback ride, canopy tour and a volcanic mud bath.  It was a GREAT day.