Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Poll: Holiday Decor

1. When do you put your decorations up?

2. Multi, single color, or white lights?

3. Do you decorate throughout the house, or just the main living area?

4. Do you decorate outside?

5. If you have a tree - theme, or mish-mash?

6. When will the decorations come down?

ed + dani 10.31.08 | miranda 04.10.07 | liam 09.06.12
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2jezlp3.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2rx75vm.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Poll: Holiday Decor

• 1. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving weekend

2. Multi, single color, or white lights? White lights

3. Do you decorate throughout the house, or just the main living area? Main living area

4. Do you decorate outside? Yes

5. If you have a tree - theme, or mish-mash? Mish mash. Although when we get a house, I plan to do two trees and one will be a beach themed tree.

6. When will the decorations come down?Usually around the 2nd week of January - depending on how dry the tree is
  • 1)  I hate putting them up too early, I have been putting little things out, but I think we are going to go all out (tree, lights), next weekend.

2) for the tree I like multi colored lights, I think we are going to go with single color or white for the outside this year.  I am really digging those blue lights...very pretty

3) Usually little things throughout the house, candles, hand soap, little statues, I might not do anything in DS's room, but who knows, I Pier One has some cute christmasy things, I might get something little

4) We haven't in the past 2 years, but we are this year.

5)  our tree has everything from old old old ornaments to stewie from family guy...we are klassy that way

6) probably 2 weeks after Christmas since I want to start getting the house in PERFECT order for DS's first birthday coming up!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. When do you put your decorations up?  Being of the Jewish persuasion, we don't - but my dad's family is Catholic and my parents have always eked their way into Christmas decor that way.  Their tree, etc., go up soon after Thansgiving.

2. Multi, single color, or white lights?  They go multi on the tree.  If we were going to do them they'd be white.  Just yesterday I was asking Brad if "candles in the windows, tidy white lights or icicles along the roof - and, perhaps, a simple deer in white lights on the lawn Embarrassed - was really SO religion specific."  Lol

3. Do you decorate throughout the house, or just the main living area?  My parents decorate in just the main living area.  We, on the other hand, are weighing the cheesiness of a Hannukah bush.

4. Do you decorate outside?  Yeah...I'm starting to feel like a broken record here.

5. If you have a tree - theme, or mish-mash?  My parents' is a wonderful mish mash of things they've collected over the years.  We, well, you get the idea.

6. When will the decorations come down?  Parents' come down after New Years.  We...yeah...I'll just stop now. 

lovelylittleworld
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • 1. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the first weekend in December, aka this coming weekend.

2. Multi, single color, or white lights? Our tree has multi-colored LED lights and if I put lights outside, they're white.

3. Do you decorate throughout the house, or just the main living area? Usually just the main living area. My mom decorates throughout the main level and I love how it's subtle, but festive. I don't have that many decorations.

4. Do you decorate outside? I put a wreath on the door, and if I'm up for it, I will put lights on the 2 little pines on either side of our door.

5. If you have a tree - theme, or mish-mash? Mish-mash.

6. When will the decorations come down? New Years weekend, or the weekend after.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • 1. When do you put your decorations up? Sometime around the first weekend in December. I don't have a set day each year, but going forward that will probably become our tradition.

2. Multi, single color, or white lights? I prefer white lights across the board, but DH likes multi and I'm pretty sure DD will prefer them as well. So I'm doing white lights on the tree and multi in the windows on the front of the house.

3. Do you decorate throughout the house, or just the main living area? The bulk of the decorating is in the living room - tree, some garland. I'm hoping to put some stuff in the kitchen, and maybe something small in DD's room. We just don't have a lot of decorations to spread around.

4. Do you decorate outside? Never have, aside from a wreath on the door, but DD's into it this year. I'm hoping the lights in the windows will appease her, but I may have to pick up some of those light nets for the bushes in front of the house. I'd love lit candy canes to line the stairs to the front door, but it's not in the budget this year.

5. If you have a tree - theme, or mish-mash? Mish-mash of stuff that's meaningful or just pretty. If/when we have the space, I'd like a family tree and a theme tree.

6. When will the decorations come down? Probably the week after New Year's.

ed + dani 10.31.08 | miranda 04.10.07 | liam 09.06.12
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2jezlp3.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2rx75vm.jpg[/IMG]
  • 1. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving weekend

2. Multi, single color, or white lights? usually multi-colored, we have some white lights

3. Do you decorate throughout the house, or just the main living area? throughout the house! bathrooms, bedrooms, everywhere lol.

4. Do you decorate outside? yes, we have lots of lights in the windows and on our railing, etc.  We dont have a yard so we decorate what we can. Our house glows ;-)

5. If you have a tree - theme, or mish-mash?   Mish-mash!  Ornaments from my childhood, that we've gotten as a couple when we travel, etc.  Love our tree!  I'll probably do what my mom did and eventually create a few themed trees in the house (smaller trees) - she had an international tree from her travels, a food tree of all food ornaments, a tree of all our homemade decorations, etc.

6. When will the decorations come down?   A week or so after new year's.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1. I put them up the weekend after thanksgiving. 2. All white lights inside and outside. 3. Throughout the first floor. I haven't done anything in the bedrooms and doubt I will. 4. This is the first year for outside. I am doing lighted garland around the porch and a big lighted wreath at the top of the porch stairs. Window candles too if I can find a decent price. 5. Themed by color. Family room tree is red and silver. Loving room is bronze/copper/gold with a little burgundy thrown in 6. The weekend after new years will be bye bye Christmas.
  • 1. When do you put your decorations up? After T-Day, but we have mostly Hannukah themed or nondenom.

2. Multi, single color, or white lights?

White & indoors

3. Do you decorate throughout the house, or just the main living area?

Just main living areas

4. Do you decorate outside?

Does a wreath on the door count?

5. If you have a tree - theme, or mish-mash?

NA

6. When will the decorations come down?

After Xmas or Hannukah, whichever is later

My mom and MIL have a tree. We don't have one. If my mom didn't make a BDD about it, then I might consider putting one up. Hell, we've gotten a Baby's first xmas ornament (?) and an outfit that says "Baby's first xmas". WTF? Way to be passive aggressive mom.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • 1. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving weekend and the weekend after

2. Multi, single color, or white lights? white lights

3. Do you decorate throughout the house, or just the main living area?  throughout the main level, but it's typically subtle things

4. Do you decorate outside? no - DH is afraid of heights so he won't hang lights outside, and being Jewish, I don't really know how to hang up lights outside 

5. If you have a tree - theme, or mish-mash? it's a big ole mish-mash of goodness - ornaments from when DH was a kid, from our travels together, gifts, etc... 

6. When will the decorations come down? if it were up to me, i would take it all down on the 26th - but DH likes to keep everything up until after new years. 

• image xmaryrickx:
    1. I put them up the weekend after thanksgiving. 2. All white lights inside and outside. 3. Throughout the first floor. I haven't done anything in the bedrooms and doubt I will. 4. This is the first year for outside. I am doing lighted garland around the porch and a big lighted wreath at the top of the porch stairs. Window candles too if I can find a decent price. 5. Themed by color. Family room tree is red and silver. Loving room is bronze/copper/gold with a little burgundy thrown in 6. The weekend after new years will be bye bye Christmas.

Mary, check AC Moore for window candles.  They run about $2.00 for the single sticks.  I prefer the candles with a cord to plug into the wall (the light is brighter) but they sell battery operated too.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. When do you put your decorations up? if it was up to me, it would be the week of Christmas but DH loves the day after Thanksgiving.  

2. Multi, single color, or white lights? outside is white lights (a little purple for the Ravens), one tree is white lights and then the big tree is multi-colored lights.  

3. Do you decorate throughout the house, or just the main living area? just the 1st floor....  I don't do anything in our bedrooms/bathrooms

4. Do you decorate outside? yes

5. If you have a tree - theme, or mish-mash? mish-mashed

6. When will the decorations come down? Usually the first week of January.  It will all depend on when the kid decides to appear.

IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
  • 1. When do you put your decorations up? - After the first Sunday in Advent (DH's rule).

2. Multi, single color, or white lights? - White lights only in this house.

3. Do you decorate throughout the house, or just the main living area? - We've got a ton of Christmas decorations (we just organized our storage closet, and I'm somewhat embarrassed by how much room our Christmas decorations take up...), so we decorate throughout the house.

4. Do you decorate outside? - This is the first year in our home, so we'll do the wreath on the door like always, but I'm not sure what else we'll do yet.

5. If you have a tree - theme, or mish-mash? - Mish-mash.  We love buying ornaments that reflect us/our likes, so we buy ones that appeal based on that.

6. When will the decorations come down? - Everything comes down on Epiphany (Jan. 6) - again, DH's rule.  Ahh, to be married to a pastor. :)
  • I'm a little late to the game! 

1. When do you put your decorations up?  I just did last night- usually Thanksgiving weekend but it was too warm outside.

2. Multi, single color, or white lights?  White for now, maybe when we have kids we'll do multi-color.

3. Do you decorate throughout the house, or just the main living area?  Living room, dining room, and a little in the kitchen and den.

4. Do you decorate outside?  Right now just a wreath on the door and a small lighted tree in the bay window of our den.  I'd like to do some lights around the front door- we'll see!

5. If you have a tree - theme, or mish-mash?  It's an assortment of ornaments, but we have a general color scheme of gold, silver, red, and green.

6. When will the decorations come down?  Somewhere between 1 and 2 weeks following New Year's Day.

• 1. When do you put your decorations up? We have our outdoor decorations up, some indoors, and will likely put up the tree this weekend.

2. Multi, single color, or white lights? Mostly white lights. But I have a blue tree outside.

3. Do you decorate throughout the house, or just the main living area? Main living areas.

4. Do you decorate outside? Yes. =)

5. If you have a tree - theme, or mish-mash? mish mash

6. When will the decorations come down?DH was asking if we could leave them up until his birthday... in April... that's out of the question. They'll likely be taken down the weekend after New Years.
  • 1. When do you put your decorations up?  Usually in the week after Thanksgiving.

2. Multi, single color, or white lights?  White

3. Do you decorate throughout the house, or just the main living area?  A little throughout but not a ton, the "clutter" starts to but me.

4. Do you decorate outside?  Yes, with lights.

5. If you have a tree - theme, or mish-mash?  Winter theme but some are other special ornaments.

6. When will the decorations come down? In the few days after Christmas
    My sweet boy
    imageimage