Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

So big news from the Peanuts! PIP

1 )  I recently relized that I neglected to inform all of you that I have 3 cats... They have been staying with my mother during the past two and a half weeks to avoid any pouncing, scratching, or overly rough playing with the pups so the thought of bringing them up seems to have escaped my memory. I have an older, 18 years old, calico named Minnie Mouse... (I was 4 when we got her) a mid aged, 7 years old, Himalayan named Meeko (He is a rescued show cat and his show name just kind of stuck) and a kitten, she's 16 months who we found outside our house the day we moved in, named wicked.

Anyway long story short my mother is going out of town so I am getting my original fur babies back... They have no idea we have puppies since I took them to my mothers a little less than week before they were born. Now here is the fun part, I bought a screen door for the office/ puppy room a few days after they were born so that I could keep DD out of there when I am off doing other cleaning things around the house but Wicked (who only lives up to her name when there is food out anywhere) is obsessed with trying to go in the room and see the puppies. The other two probably couldn't care less at the moment.

2) Pig Pen has recently, yesterday morning, stopped all attempts to eat from mamma. (This is probably my fault for cuddling him so much when I bottle feed him) So he is on the bottle now all the time. (I thank SO everyday for putting up with my failure but he know I have very little idea of when I am doing...)

3) We had a visitor!! A local AKC (as reputable as I could find out here) breeder came by our house after many e-mails back and forth to give us pointers and tips for finding right homes/ adoption contracts and other puppy raising ideas/ pointers for once they open their eyes. She also commented on how well I was doing for my first (and ONLY) time and that she could tell that I truly cared about these pups and Miss Bailey Peanut, I thought this was very nice!

I love the floppy ear!

imageWe added a little hay from the advise of the breeder. I think they like it!

Lucy after a long escape from the box to the desk ( they aren't very far from each other but I'm sure for her little paws it was like a 5k!)

Re: So big news from the Peanuts! PIP

• That ended up being alot longer than I thought it would have been... Sorry about that
  • Thanks for the update!! I can't get enough of the adorable teeny puppy pictures!
    image image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since July 2012
    BFP #1: 11/9/13; spontaneous m/c at 6w2d, 11/25/13
    BFP #2: 12/31/13. B/w 12/31: betas >1000, progesterone 13.6; B/w 1/2: betas 3065, progesterone 10.2
    B/w 1/8: betas 17,345, progesterone 25.6
    Progesterone suppositories started 1/2. Please stick, baby!!
    Fiona Elise born 9/9/14 - welcome beautiful girl!
    Badge Unicorn
  • image LuckyAngel07:
    !

I'm super excited nervous and scared for the eye opening event!

• image kliening0220:

I'm super excited nervous and scared for the eye opening event!

LOL! There will be no stopping them after that!!

image image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since July 2012
    BFP #1: 11/9/13; spontaneous m/c at 6w2d, 11/25/13
    BFP #2: 12/31/13. B/w 12/31: betas >1000, progesterone 13.6; B/w 1/2: betas 3065, progesterone 10.2
    B/w 1/8: betas 17,345, progesterone 25.6
    Progesterone suppositories started 1/2. Please stick, baby!!
    Fiona Elise born 9/9/14 - welcome beautiful girl!
    Badge Unicorn
  • The cuteness is KILLING me.  AND Lucy looks like a tri-color (kinda... 2 shades of brown, that counts... in my world)!!!

Big Lucy and I so want to adopt her!  Heck, she's already proved she likes travel... if she can make it to the desk, Naples' is next! 

• I've grown REALLY REALLY REALLY attached to pig pen so I really want him but... for sure right now it's just the Bailey/ Peanut girl... I don't really think she likes Peanut.
  • image VABeach08:

She is the most feisty of the bunch... always nipping fingers and she LOVES to try and climb over EVERYTHING! Plus she's so tiny that watching her little butt wiggle all over as she tries to adventure out is just adorable!

• Ohhhh, I wish you would post pics every day!
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • image crazyincidents:
    image jen812:

I promise to be better on posting in the next few days/ weeks as they get older. 

I might get a puppy cam as they get a little older, Maybe....

• Total Cuteness overload!!!!. I've thinking about you and the pups, thank you so much for updating, they are just adorable!!, please post more pics when you can, I know you are very busy ;).
  • image kliening0220:

image crazyincidents:
    image jen812:

I promise to be better on posting in the next few days/ weeks as they get older. 

I might get a puppy cam as they get a little older, Maybe....

That would be great, except it might cause me to get fired due to lack of work. :)
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • image kliening0220:

image VABeach08:

She is the most feisty of the bunch... always nipping fingers and she LOVES to try and climb over EVERYTHING! Plus she's so tiny that watching her little butt wiggle all over as she tries to adventure out is just adorable!

Awwww, that is so cute!  I wish she could be airmailed... big L would totally be a calming influence... she's like the least feisty creature on the planet.  Seriously, if other dogs sniff her too much, she doesn't bark, she doesn't growl, she just sits down.  Makes sense, she's not going to 'take it' but yet she's not going to fight.  Our running joke is that she's the Gandhi of the canine world (passive resistance). 

On a more serious note, it's so awesome that you guys took in Mom and are working so hard to care for and place the pups!  Really, so wonderful of you guys to open your home/hearts/etc!!

• image jen812:
    That would be great, except it might cause me to get fired due to lack of work. :)

That's my main reason for not getting one! That and my house is always such a disaster with my toddler tornado roaming the home.

• image VABeach08:
    On a more serious note, it's so awesome that you guys took in Mom and are working so hard to care for and place the pups!  Really, so wonderful of you guys to open your home/hearts/etc!!

My SO thinks it's going to be alot harder for me to give these pups up than I do... I think it will be easy to give them to their new parents after I find the right ones and know they will be just as well taken care of if not better by their new parents!

I'm sure Lucy would be a perfect big sister! She sounds so great and I'm sure you have such a blast with her!

• I think I just died from cuteness overload. Please tell me you're not in Pittsburgh or I will have to beg you for one of those adorable little babies. I grew up with beagles and showed them.. such a great breed! I love what you're doing for mama and her little ones!
  • image yuengling58:

I'm in Sin City (Las Vegas). She's my first beagle (second dog in my life and second hound, my first one was a Red Bone *** Hound and he was AMAZING!) and she's really great so far. I've never seen a dog so obsessed with protecting a child before (though as I said this is only my second dog and I don't really know much about other breeds).

• Thanks for posting pics!   I soooo want a puppy!  I would have a hard time going to work knowing all that fun was at home!