Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Yay for My Pet Store!!

I stream WMMR (local radio station with a HUGE following) in the morning on my phone. The morning show, Preston & Steve, runs a big Campout for Hunger every year. The whole week after Thanksgiving, they "camp out," generally in a huge parking lot or near a retail area so lots of people can come find them (they get a big heated tent and stay in a really nice RV, so it's not really rough camping at all).

People bring monetary donations and food donations. Lots of companies donate large amounts of food.

Getting to the point! My local pet supply store is a small area chain. Listening to the show this morning, one of the company reps was on. They donated around 10,000-12,000 POUNDS of pet food!! YAY!!! I love them even more now! Big Smile

image image
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
TTC since July 2012
BFP #1: 11/9/13; spontaneous m/c at 6w2d, 11/25/13
BFP #2: 12/31/13. B/w 12/31: betas >1000, progesterone 13.6; B/w 1/2: betas 3065, progesterone 10.2
B/w 1/8: betas 17,345, progesterone 25.6
Progesterone suppositories started 1/2. Please stick, baby!!
Fiona Elise born 9/9/14 - welcome beautiful girl!
Badge Unicorn

Re: Yay for My Pet Store!!

• AWESOME!

I need to find a pet store like this - I'd feel so much better buy things from a pet store which helped others/animals in need!

Heck, I'd even pay more for my pet food! :)
  • Aww I love this! That's so awesome! The closest pet store to us is Petco. I love supporting small businesses, but the closest small pet store is about a half-hour away, I doubt we'll be going there often. At least our petco is partnered with the shelter that we got our cat from! :)

That's so special, how awesome! 

• image breaness:

Aww I love this! That's so awesome! The closest pet store to us is Petco. I love supporting small businesses, but the closest small pet store is about a half-hour away, I doubt we'll be going there often. At least our petco is partnered with the shelter that we got our cat from! :)

That's so special, how awesome! 

We were going to another local store that was about 20-25 minutes from us. When I'd looked up places that sold the kitties' dry food (because it's not carried in the big stores), I'd mistaken my current store for a different one that I knew sold animals, so I thought the one ~25 minutes away was the closest (and I knew where it was, because it's right down the road from my dad's house). Well, H was tasked with picking up kitty food one day, and he didn't feel like driving up there, so he looked up stores that carried it again and found this place.

Long story short, lol, both places are phenomenal, and I'd totally keep driving to the slightly further one if it meant getting the good food and knowledgeable service.

image image
    TTC since July 2012
    BFP #2: 12/31/13. B/w 12/31: betas >1000, progesterone 13.6; B/w 1/2: betas 3065, progesterone 10.2
    Badge Unicorn
  • I think we must shop at the same pet food store.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image IdigDirt:
    I think we must shop at the same pet food store.

Pet Valu? Smile

image image
    TTC since July 2012
    Badge Unicorn
  • image LuckyAngel07:

image IdigDirt:

Pet Valu? Smile

Yup :) I love them. The guy (the older one, like 20 as opposed to 14) is pretty knowledgable about foods and always asks about Beelz.
  • image IdigDirt:
    image LuckyAngel07:

image IdigDirt:

Pet Valu? Smile

Yup :) I love them. The guy (the older one, like 20 as opposed to 14) is pretty knowledgable about foods and always asks about Beelz.

So do you drive out to the one in Fairless Hills?? Because the one I go to is all of 2 miles (if that) from my house. And if you drive out there for the store, you've gotta bring B to the doggie park one day!! A weekend day, since I'm not home before it gets dark on weekdays. It's only another few miles away!

image image
    TTC since July 2012
    Badge Unicorn
  • image LuckyAngel07:
    image IdigDirt:
    image LuckyAngel07:

image IdigDirt:

Pet Valu? Smile

So do you drive out to the one in Fairless Hills?? Because the one I go to is all of 2 miles (if that) from my house. And if you drive out there for the store, you've gotta bring B to the doggie park one day!! A weekend day, since I'm not home before it gets dark on weekdays. It's only another few miles away!

Ya it's only about 15 mins from me and when I move (if?) I will drive an hour to shop there since I love them and they have good sales. I would totally take B to the dog park on a weekend with you.