Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Holiday Cards-Poll

Do you send out Holiday Cards? If so how many?

How much do you usually spend?

Where do keep the cards? For how long?

image, image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Holiday Cards-Poll

• Do you send out Holiday Cards? Yes If so how many? 20-30

How much do you usually spend? It varies. Some years I do the less expensive one-sided cards and some years I do more expensive folded cards.

Where do keep the cards? For how long? We put the cards we receive up on this Christmas tree shaped wall hanging. We usually take them down when we take down the Christmas decorations. ETA: I keep good cards (photo ones of close friends/family) for my scrapbook.
  • Do you send out Holiday Cards? Yes If so how many? maybe 50 or so

How much do you usually spend? I order them from Shutterfly so I think they're around $40 or so.

Where do keep the cards? I keep cards from others in the living room on a table.  Usually by Christmas the table too full and gets on my nerves so I throw them away the day after Christmas.  For how long?

• Do you send out Holiday Cards? Yep  If so how many? I think we're ordering an insane amount like 80 this year. DH has a ton of friends and a pretty big family.

How much do you usually spend? ~$50ish.  We have a coupon for 1/2 off at snapfish so I'm hoping we can get a better deal

Where do keep the cards?  We tape them to the wall in our entry way. For how long?  We take them down when we take down the rest of our Christmas decorations.
    bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Do you send out Holiday Cards? If so how many? Yes! Around 20-30.

How much do you usually spend? Oh I have no idea. Less than $50.

Where do keep the cards? For how long?The photo cards go on our fridge and we keep them there all year. The other cards we have just put on the dining room table, but I'd like to find another way to display them because the cats knock them over.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • Do you send out Holiday Cards? If so how many? 50-60

How much do you usually spend? I don't know - I try not to think about it.

Where do keep the cards? For how long?  The ones I receive? This year they're going on the kitchen cabinets. I'll keep them up until about New Year's. I'll keep the photo ones, the others will be recycled.

ed + dani 10.31.08 | miranda 04.10.07 | liam 09.06.12
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2jezlp3.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2rx75vm.jpg[/IMG]
  • normally a little over 50 cards. 

I need to figure out what the heck we're doing this year

I think I spend like 50-75 on them.

I display what I can on the mantle, but I'd like to find a better place to display them.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Do you send out Holiday Cards? Yes this year but not every year. If so how many? maybe 50 or so

How much do you usually spend? I got about 25 for free through coupons these past couple weeks and just spent $25 on about 40 with another coupon.

Where do keep the cards? A wall card holder. For how long? After Xmas if I can put them on my fridge I will usually cut off the Xmas decor and keep the picture portion.

• Yes, maybe about 40.

Some times on the fridge, but I think this year I am going to pin a piece of ribbon somewhere ( the back fo the door, a curtain rod) and use clothes pins to attach them to the ribbon for something more festive.  I keep them for maybe 2 to 3 months

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Do you send out Holiday Cards? yes If so how many? About 50

How much do you usually spend? $30-$50

Where do keep the cards?Photo cards on the fridge and other cards on the piano For how long?I take them down after the Holidays.
    image, image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • 1) Yes and this year it will be around 24 since that is all we ordered from the photographer :)

2) I spent $54 this year (pricey YES, but it goes toward Amy's business so I am for it)

3) I have no idea where I am going to keep cards this year and usually for a week or 2 after Christmas.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do you send out Holiday Cards? If so how many? yes, 50-75.... just depends on how many I order.

How much do you usually spend? not too much.  I order the photo cards from Costco.

Where do keep the cards? For how long?  We have a wire thing on our wall and hang them there until we take our christmas stuff down.  I keep the photo cards and trash the rest of them.

IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do you send out Holiday Cards? If so how many? yes, about 75 or so.

How much do you usually spend? Probably more than I should.  I usually try to get an inexpensive one from Tiny Prints and use a coupon code to cut the cost down though.

Where do keep the cards? For how long?  Yes, I tape them to the back of our front door, it looks great when it gets all filled up.  And yes, I keep them.  I put them in a ziploc and pack them up with the Christmas stuff.  I like to look at the cards (the picture ones especially) when I pull out my Christmas stuff every year.  It's cute to see family members and friends kids from 5 years ago and see how they've grown.

imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I always order 20 cards....something nicer with the children's pictures on it....but then will buy another box of cards to send out to those individuals who I had forgotten about while making my initial lists.

I always try to find a coupon code of some kind, so I think I average around $30 for cards.

Prior to moving, we would line all of our cards up on our mantle until the season was over......however, in our new home, we no longer have mantle so I do not know where we will display them yet!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do you send out Holiday Cards? Yes If so how many? I think last year we did 40-45 or so.

How much do you usually spend?  Last year was the first year.  I can't remember how much we spent.  It wasn't a lot.  I ordered them from Wal-Mart and it was around 16 cents a card I think.

Where do keep the cards? We keep them on tables in the living room for the cats to knock off.  For how long? Until we take down our  Christmas decorations.

Visit The Nest!
    5 cats. 1 baby.Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I send over 100 cards but also participate in two card exchanges with moms on my mom's board that i belong too. i buy my cards at costco so it keeps the cost low. the cards take over the wall in my dining room until just after christmas.
  • We usually send about 50. This year, we ordered from Vistaprint and they were only $20 with envelopes shipped! They're great quality and I love them! I'm so excited to send our cards this year! We normally sit them about on mantles and such...but the photo cards go on the fridge all year!

• Do you send out Holiday Cards? If so how many?  Yes - depends, anywhere from 25 to 50

How much do you usually spend? About 30 to 40 dollars total, including stamps etc.  Photo sites always have promotions going on etc.

Where do keep the cards? For how long?  We hang them on the banister between our dining room and living room until we de-decorate from the holidays, then we end up throwing most  of them away, except for special ones (like the ones with my nieces I always keep, etc.)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Do you send out Holiday Cards? If so how many? I usully do them but last year I dropped the ball on the whole thing. My plan is to do them again this year. We normally send out 30-40 cards. 

How much do you usually spend? Not sure exactly but less than $50. 

Where do keep the cards? For how long? We tape them all along our breakfast bar and keep them up until new years. 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker