Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Random thoughts

I'm not really planning on doing work today.  Jackson is at doggie daycare and I'm going to watch him on the webcam all day, take an hour lunch at Pizza Hut (wahoo), and then leave early to hit up the grocery store (yikes) and bake my tiramisu cake.

I completely slipped when dropping Jackson off this morning. As in, we walked in to the doggie daycare, he takes off for the back while I'm still holding onto the leash, the floor is wet, and my feet just flew out from under me and my butt landed smack on the floor. It hurt, but even I'm laughing thinking about it.

I'm planning on wearing one of those belly bands tomorrow, not because I need it, but b/c I'm thinking it will give me more leeway for eating more turkey.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Random thoughts

• I'm gonna miss wearing Maternity pants on Thanksgiving. That was pretty awesome last year.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image mrsbecky07:

I'm not really planning on doing work today.  Jackson is at doggie daycare and I'm going to watch him on the webcam all day, take an hour lunch at Pizza Hut (wahoo), and then leave early to hit up the grocery store (yikes) and bake my tiramisu cake.

I completely slipped when dropping Jackson off this morning. As in, we walked in to the doggie daycare, he takes off for the back while I'm still holding onto the leash, the floor is wet, and my feet just flew out from under me and my butt landed smack on the floor. It hurt, but even I'm laughing thinking about it.

I'm planning on wearing one of those belly bands tomorrow, not because I need it, but b/c I'm thinking it will give me more leeway for eating more turkey.

Ouch on the fall! Did you call your Dr? Sorry, it's the mother hen in me, but you might want to call him/her just to make sure they're not concerned. 

I wish I could break out the maternity jeans for Thanksgiving like Joey on Friends! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • - raising a teenager has been the absolute hardest thing I've had to do so far in my life. I am so stressed.

- I have to go to the grocery store today since we're cooking tomorrow. not looking forward to it

- I'm hoping to have most of our Christmas shopping done by Monday

- nobody in my dad's family, including my dad, have met Faith yet. This all stems from my step-mother and I know this makes her happy.

- I need a vacation.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm w/ Mella - did you check in w/ your dr about the fall?  Seems silly, but they can be serious when pg! 

And I'm very much looking forward to having an excuse for wearing stretchy waistband pants tomorrow.  When I was pg w/ DS, I was only 8.5w for that Thanksgiving, but I busted out my belly band that day b/c I had it and it was SO comfy. :)

• Nah my doc is pretty laid-back and would laugh at me.  I hit my tailbone squarely, I think baby is okay, but I'll ask my mom tonight (problem with having a nurse for a mom is that I bypass doctors a lot of the time....she knows more anyway haha!)  and then she'll probably make me call my brother and my bases will be covered.  It was just funny more than anything.
  • And also I still haven't told my boss i'm pregnant. I dont know why I haven't, I just haven't...
  • Becky, I told a few close work-friends at like 12 weeks, but I didn't tell anyone in my chain of command until like 22 weeks after the sonogram.  I didn't really show at all until like 30 weeks so I could have gotten away with it longer.  I also didn't have MS or anything that gave me away.  No real reason, I just didn't feel like it.

We get out 2 hours early today!!!  Oh and I'm spending my day making gifts on shutterfly, they are having a buy one get all other's 50% for calendars, so there are gifts for my mom, MIL and DH!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sorry to hear about the fall. I would just call or even ask your mom for advice.

I'm loving these maternity pants. Debating if I should wear the jeans or the slacks. I'm thinking slacks so I can eat more. Although with heartburn showing it's ugly head again, I may not be eating much food. I'll be taking tums all day. Crying

image, image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Man, I found out I was pregnant on Black Friday last year so obviously no maternity pants then, and this year I'm just fat so yeah. I wish I could bust them out again!

All day whenever Clara has fallen asleep I tell myself I'm going to do something (wash the sheets, vacuum, fold laundry, etc.) and I just end up on the computer BS-ing around. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have no motivation to be at work today, and I have to work on Friday.

I have yet to go grocery shopping, and I'm making about 6 things for Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Both of my sisters are pregnant, and I really really want my one sister to have her baby on Friday.

I'm mad at Shutterfly because a photobook I ordered two weeks ago still isn't here!

I really want to start working on my Christmas cards, but my Macbook is getting a new harddrive so I can't work on them until I get it back.

I'm getting really tired of seeing pictures of Miranda Kerr and her baby.  She's not the first model to ever have a kid!

I have a meeting in about 30 minutes and I have no idea what it's about...

• I have a month old baby and I very well might be wearing maternity pants tomorrow....sounds like a good plan.

I am in my pajamas and have been holding my baby all day. no plans to get dressed. also, i love how the baby smells. i sniff him all day.

IDHT-that is messed up about your dad's side of the family :( sorry.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image mrs. remy:

I have a month old baby and I very well might be wearing maternity pants tomorrow....sounds like a good plan.

I am in my pajamas and have been holding my baby all day. no plans to get dressed. also, i love how the baby smells. i sniff him all day.

IDHT-that is messed up about your dad's side of the family :( sorry.

3 things-

I'm wearing maternity pants today and Faith is over 4 months!

I am patiently waiting for Kathryn to get better so we can come visit.

Thanks and I agree.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker