Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

(NPR) Baby Liam's arrival

Hi everyone. As most of the regulars know, Baby Liam arrived early this morning -- 3:54 a.m.

Around 9:30 last night, I began to experience mild contractions. They were regular in duation, but not in frequency. Called the doctor who said it could be false labor, or the very early stages of labor, to try to get some sleep, and to come into the hospital when my contractions regularly become 3 to 5 minutes apart.

So, I drank some water (supposed to help stop false labor) and laid down to sleep. After about ten minutes, the contractions were back, stronger, and regular in duration AND frequency -- two minutes apart.

D made the "executive decision" to load up the car with the hospital bags and we went to the hospital. The contractions continued to get stronger. It was about 1 a.m., so I had to enter through the E.R. They took me right up to the labor evaluation floor. At this point, the contractions were making me feel sick to my stomach. They took my blood pressure, put monitors on my belly, and called the anesthesiologist, who was in a C-section.

They put me in a labor/delivery room, and the contractions were becoming unbearable, and I was nearly sick to my stomach. They were about to give me IV pain meds, just until I could get the epidural, when I had a contraction and a STRONG urge to push. At that point, it was just D and I in the room. I screamed for someone to help me. Dave ran to the door, and called out, "Can we get some help in here??"

The doctor came in, and (I didn't hear this part) called for the rest of his staff, saying, "She's having this baby NOW!" Then they came in and told me there would be no time for any pain meds, he was coming.

I pushed about twelve times, and then there he was. D was just amazing through the whole thing, and I had a great nurse and doctor, too.

He arrived at 3:54 a.m., weighing 5 pounds 15.9 ounces (they rounded it up to 6 lbs, even, lol). He has a full head of dark hair, like his dad. He's so tiny and perfect, and I'm just laying in my hospital bed, staring at him.

Re: (NPR) Baby Liam's arrival

• Aww, so glad everything is okay and you are both doing good!!!  Congratulations to you and D and Carl and Reese.  Oh jeez, poor Carl!!!  I hope he's ready for this.  hehe.
  • Congrats how awesome!  Are you happy you didn't have to have the C-section?
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/nmyfwp.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/izn4lw.jpg[/IMG]
  • Congrats! I'm glad that everything went smoothly and quickly.
  • AAHHH!! CONGRATULATIONS!! Big Smile So exciting!!

Wow, what a story!! He took no time at all once he decided to get moving!

And so tiny! He's only a few ounces more than I weighed when I was born...and I was a twin! (Albeit, a rather big baby for twins).

Can't wait til you get a chance to post some pics!

Welcome to the world baby Liam!

ETA: PS: Today is MH's birthday, too!

image image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since July 2012
    BFP #1: 11/9/13; spontaneous m/c at 6w2d, 11/25/13
    BFP #2: 12/31/13. B/w 12/31: betas >1000, progesterone 13.6; B/w 1/2: betas 3065, progesterone 10.2
    B/w 1/8: betas 17,345, progesterone 25.6
    Progesterone suppositories started 1/2. Please stick, baby!!
    Fiona Elise born 9/9/14 - welcome beautiful girl!
    Badge Unicorn
  • Congrats again! Sounds like everything went well, and I can't wait to see pictures!
    [IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2ep1pq8.jpg[/IMG]
  • I'm so happy for you. Boy he wanted out! Congrats mama!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Oh wow, what a fast labor!  Congrats!
    No amount of education could convince Betty to be nice to possums
  • Wow! Hooray! Congrats! Can we get a picture?
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Welcome to the world little Liam!  Congrats Mama!
  • Welcome, Liam!  And congratulations to you, Mama!  :)

I'm so glad you shared his birth story - I can't believe how fast he came!  

• Congrats!!!

• This is the only pic I have of him right now, in Daddy's arms. Will ask my dad to email me the ones that he took this morning.

• Ohhhhh, he's beautiful!
  • Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! Your labor story was very similar to mine, including delivery time within a few minutes... only I got the epi. You are my HERO for surviving it without :o)   Can't wait to see a pic of this little one!  So happy for you guys!
    imageimage Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image RedheadBaker:

This is the only pic I have of him right now, in Daddy's arms. Will ask my dad to email me the ones that he took this morning.

Precious little bundle! :)

image image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since July 2012
    BFP #1: 11/9/13; spontaneous m/c at 6w2d, 11/25/13
    BFP #2: 12/31/13. B/w 12/31: betas >1000, progesterone 13.6; B/w 1/2: betas 3065, progesterone 10.2
    B/w 1/8: betas 17,345, progesterone 25.6
    Progesterone suppositories started 1/2. Please stick, baby!!
    Fiona Elise born 9/9/14 - welcome beautiful girl!
    Badge Unicorn
  • image mainerocks:
    Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! Your labor story was very similar to mine, including delivery time within a few minutes... only I got the epi. You are my HERO for surviving it without :o)   Can't wait to see a pic of this little one!  So happy for you guys!

I didn't have a choice!

• Wow! That was a fast one, so glad it went well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CONGRATULATIONS!!Welcome to the world of mamahood!
  • image RedheadBaker:

image mainerocks:
    Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! Your labor story was very similar to mine, including delivery time within a few minutes... only I got the epi. You are my HERO for surviving it without :o)   Can't wait to see a pic of this little one!  So happy for you guys!

I didn't have a choice!

I'm sending you a medal anyway.

And OMG he is adorable! So tiny! Welcome to the world Liam! 

imageimage Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • So happy he is here safely! You are amazing for living through the med free birth--even though you didn't have a choice!

And I will add this is a great week to have a birthday--mine was yesterday, so I am a bit biased. 

Congrats again! 

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/ja9gl5.jpg[/IMG]

Tinkerbelle and Hank being outstanding rescue ambassadors

Photo credit to SarahToledo

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;130/st/20120721/e/Stay-cation+at+the+lake%21+/k/092f/event.png[/img]
    [/url]

Can't wait for a week of fun in the sun with my love!
  • Congrats to your new family. *happy tears* If you need anything don't be afraid to ask!
    Lola the amazing erythrocyte factory!!
    [IMG]http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af289/HollyWalter/Lola1-2-2.jpg[/IMG]
    I make things happen at
    www.penelopelaneclothing.com
  • Congrats! He is absolutely adorable, and I just died from the cuteness! 
  • Congratulations!!!
    Visit The Nest!
    5 cats. 1 baby.Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations! He's precious!

I can't wait to see more pictures and read about what Carl and Reese think of their new little brother!

• Congratulations!  Sounds like someone didn't want to miss his first Thanksgiving!
    Master of Disguise
  • Congratulations!!
    My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • Congratulations!

Welcome, Little One! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations and welcome Liam!!!
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2rzxk7a.jpg[/IMG]