So I'm getting ahead of myself because the move isn't final yet, but I'm trying to figure out what all I need to do/think about to move my baby (a 120 lb great dane)with me from TX to MI. I'll be driving my car up there I think, so I think I'll just load her up with me.
- Should I get a crate for her for the car ride? She hasn't been crated in years so I don't know how she would take to it. I guess I could get it soon and just put her in there occasionaly to get her used to it?
- Should I get a sedative from the vet? It's over 1000 miles, so I'm guessing that over 2 days we'll be in the car around 20-24 hours, pending weather and such
- I know I need to make sure that all her shots are current and get a health cert from the vet
- When I go to my vet I'll ask about a rec for a vet where I'm headed
- Anything else? I looked up the State Vet in Michigan and all I see is to get the health cert that is good for 30 days. Are there any other places that I should look for laws about bringing a dog in? I'll look up local registration regs once I find out which county I'll be in.
TIA ladies! I want to make sure my baby is happy (well, as happy as she can be through this) and gets there safe and sound!