Inland Empire Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Thank god for grocery delivery!

I broke my ankle a couple weeks ago and have been pretty much trapped at home ever since.  To make it worse, it's my right ankle so I'm not allowed to drive until there is nothing on my foot anymore.

Anyway - I just placed my first home delivery order at Vons.com!  I am so happy that they offer this service.  At least I can feel like I'm still contributing a bit to the care of my house.  It really sucks having to rely on other people for things.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we movied on to adoption!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Last ditch FET resulted in BFP! And identical twins! Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Thank god for grocery delivery!

• Oh I hope your ankle heals quickly!
  • That sucks. My mom broke her foot once and it took forever to heal. I hope you heal up quickly! Yay, for modern convienences. :)
  • I was so tempted to use those delivery services when the baby was first born. They seem like such a blessing. I'm so glad they were able to help you. Plus at least this way you don't have to deal with crying babies,crowded aisles, or old ladies who can't work the atm.

Hope the ankle gets better.

PS Did you order from the vons on winchester and murrhotsprings or the one in wildomar? The winchester one is right by me so if you had a good experience I can remember them in case I ever need it.

• I have always wondered how well those worked, so let us know! Keep that foot up!
    imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest image
  • I agree. I am so glad they have that for people who can't make it to the store.

• Kat - I ordered from vons.com.  I guess the groceries actually come from the Temecula store.  It's just who does the online stuff for the area.  My delvery time was between 11 and 3pm, and they were here at 11:30am and carried all the groceries into my kitchen for me.  I got everything except for two things that they were out of stock on.  The online part takes a little time to get used to but I found that shopping by aisle to be the easiest function.  They also give you your list of groceries and you can choose if you will accept a substitution or not for each item.  So it's pretty nice.

Thanks for good wishes everyone!  I appreciate it :)

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we movied on to adoption!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Last ditch FET resulted in BFP! And identical twins! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • So glad it worked out for you. That's great that carried them in and everything.

Thanks for the review.

• hope your ankle heals fast!!! 
  • Yikes! sorry about the ankle. Hope you feel better soon.

We were just talking about grocery delivery at work yesterday.  The gal that wants to try this was wondering how it worked and all that nice stuff.  I'll have to pass your information to her. Thanks!