Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Where should I go for my birthday??

So, I turn 21 on Monday, and my DH is taking me out...but we have no idea where.  I'm thinking we should go to some really cool Austin-y restaurant downtown and then maybe a music show (we usually play that one by ear).  Where should we eat?  I'm feeling American and TexMex...something NOT expensive.  Any recommendations?

:)

sincerelycheyenne.blogspot.com

Re: Where should I go for my birthday??

• Iron Cactus is good and has a great location downtown.
  • image cheyennejock:

So, I turn 21 on Monday, and my DH is taking me out...but we have no idea where.  I'm thinking we should go to some really cool Austin-y restaurant downtown and then maybe a music show (we usually play that one by ear).  Where should we eat?  I'm feeling American and TexMex...something NOT expensive.  Any recommendations?

There is this place called Maria Maria (owned by Carlos Santana) it is downtown off of 5th and Colorado...it's a swanky place...not too expensive for it being downtown...The chicken flautas are really good....and you can walk around and enjoy the downtown scenery afterward :) Good Luck and Happy Early Birthday! :)

The Garcia's
  • Also, you could spend a few hours walking around and creating a full meal at the food trucks - some are downtown and then there are a lot on South Congress.
  • I forgot about this tex-mex place I went to with some girlfriends of mine some time back....it's really nice....and a sweet atmosphere for you and your hubby....I posted the link below:

http://www.vivo-austin.com/ 

Enjoy!

The Garcia's