Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

My cat is chewing

My cat has never chewed anything before. We just got a brand new wood coffee table and he is obsessed with chewing on the corner of it. He's going to ruin it and my husband already isn't a big fan of my cat. Is there anything I can do to stop him?

Re: My cat is chewing

• Are you playing with him often? Does he have other, appropriate toys, that he can chew on?

I would try putting a double sided adhesive like sticky paws, or foil on the areas he's chewing until he learns not to chew on the area.  

I would also try separating him from the coffee table when you're not able to watch and correct him. 

image image
  • image KatelynS07:

Are you playing with him often? Does he have other, appropriate toys, that he can chew on?

I would try putting a double sided adhesive like sticky paws, or foil on the areas he's chewing until he learns not to chew on the area.  

I would also try separating him from the coffee table when you're not able to watch and correct him. 

All of this.

My one cat who was a big chewer as a kitten loves the kitty Wubba.  She also likes toys that make her think.  The Peek - a - Prize toy box is a great one because you can hide treats or toys in it for kitty to fish out during the day.  At one point we fed her kibble out of a dog treat dispenser because she needed a LOT of mental stimulation.

Visit The Nest!
    5 cats. 1 baby.Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Great things to consider, thanks.
  • I would try rubbing an orange peel on the area.  My cats hate even the smell of citrus and I know they would never willingly get that taste in their mouths.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic