Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How's everyone doing with ToTers?

The kitties are hanging out in their room, my fosters are tucked in their room, and the doggies and I are watching Garfield's holiday specials on dvd.

They've been really well-behaved - just barking a bit at the doorbell, which I expected, but they sit when I ask them to. They are blocked by a baby gate so they don't get excited and jump at any little ones (or freak out when they see one of the weird, creepy costumes that have stopped by.)

Re: How's everyone doing with ToTers?

• My pets did fine.  But I always sit outside to pass out candy so there isn't any bell ringing. 
  • We've got it made (sort of) Ever since he was a puppy we've had Cooper trained to pick up a toy & hold it in his mouth when someone rings the doorbell, or comes in the house...ya know, like a pacifier. On Halloween he watches out the window while people walk around the neighborhood holding his toy, tail wagging a mile a minute & making these moaning/groaning/whining noises till they come up to the house. Then he'll go to the door while you hand out candy (while still holding the toy & the noises), he tries to get out, but in an "Im SO excited to see you, can I come TOTing w/you?!" way.

Now he's crapped out on the couch next to me (still wearing the Devil horns!) sleeping. Too much Halloween fun!

Cooper age 8, Taylor age 14

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2z50k0m.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/9scb5j.jpg[/IMG]
  • image boylema:

We've got it made (sort of) Ever since he was a puppy we've had Cooper trained to pick up a toy & hold it in his mouth when someone rings the doorbell, or comes in the house...ya know, like a pacifier. On Halloween he watches out the window while people walk around the neighborhood holding his toy, tail wagging a mile a minute & making these moaning/groaning/whining noises till they come up to the house. Then he'll go to the door while you hand out candy (while still holding the toy & the noises), he tries to get out, but in an "Im SO excited to see you, can I come TOTing w/you?!" way.

Now he's crapped out on the couch next to me (still wearing the Devil horns!) sleeping. Too much Halloween fun!

Cute!

• image chi_lyn:
    image boylema:

We've got it made (sort of) Ever since he was a puppy we've had Cooper trained to pick up a toy & hold it in his mouth when someone rings the doorbell, or comes in the house...ya know, like a pacifier. On Halloween he watches out the window while people walk around the neighborhood holding his toy, tail wagging a mile a minute & making these moaning/groaning/whining noises till they come up to the house. Then he'll go to the door while you hand out candy (while still holding the toy & the noises), he tries to get out, but in an "Im SO excited to see you, can I come TOTing w/you?!" way.

Cute!

Took us a couple years to get this far! & the 1st couple years we were here 1. Cooper was a puppy & 2. DH worked nights so I was alone Sad, it pretty much sucked!

Cooper age 8, Taylor age 14

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2z50k0m.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/9scb5j.jpg[/IMG]
  • Our night is just getting started.  We have had 2 groups so far and the dogs have been ok...we have them blocked off in the living room.  H and I are taking turns on handing out candy and tending to the dogs.  We have the squirt bottle to curb excessive barking...Mae learned the first time not to bark and Maggie is being our guard dog...plus, I think she likes the water so it's not as effective.  

I am freaking tired and want to lock the doors at 8 and go to bed so hopefully it stays sloooow. 

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/nmyfwp.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/izn4lw.jpg[/IMG]
  • image boylema:

That sounds so freaking adorable!!

Zoey was fantastic for her first Halloween! She'd give a little "woof!" when kids knocked on the door, then hop off the couch to come check everyone out when I opened the door. She didn't bark more than once at each knock or after opening the door. She was just so excited to see all the kids! She tried to follow a few down the driveway to go ToTing with them the rest of the night, though! Hahaha! No jumping on kids or excessive licking, just lots of friendly curiosity! I was so proud of her!

She got tired out pretty early and gave up watching out the window around 8-8:30; there were only a few kids after that anyway.

Here she is, doing her best ToTer watch dog impression, hehehe. (I put her collar back on her [it'd been in her e-collar from her spay] after the first few ToTers, since she wanted to run off and play with them!)

image image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since July 2012
    BFP #1: 11/9/13; spontaneous m/c at 6w2d, 11/25/13
    BFP #2: 12/31/13. B/w 12/31: betas >1000, progesterone 13.6; B/w 1/2: betas 3065, progesterone 10.2
    B/w 1/8: betas 17,345, progesterone 25.6
    Progesterone suppositories started 1/2. Please stick, baby!!
    Fiona Elise born 9/9/14 - welcome beautiful girl!
    Badge Unicorn
  • Our girl did great! She barked the first few time. I yelled at her. Then she was pretty good the rest of the time. The kitty wasnt too into it but I tried to keep him near me because I dont want him licking his bandage and he is so sad with the e collar on. 

Also I may or may not have lied to small children and told them that we were out of candy when, in fact, we were only out of candy that I wanted to give away. Does it make me an ass to keep the candy I like? 

• It seriously took me 5 minutes to figure this out.  Sad

The cats sat in the foyer staring out the door until people came up to the door, and then they ran away.  J actually went upstairs for a while but then came back down and stayed on a chair.

Visit The Nest!
    5 cats. 1 baby.Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker