Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

The end of the world...PR!

So, yep, we have no power, no water, no heat (deja vu from Irene here) and it's going to be a long haul... So DH is convinced the end is near...

I laughed at him, then I got an email today from the rescue that Riss is associated with (Major backstory here) but needless to say, they have a potential adopter and they actually MAY be a solid candidate for her. 

Now I really think the world may be ending.  I don't know how to feel about this.  I want THE best for Riss, and I know we arn't the best, but I love that little crazy pants so much.  We've had her for almost 2 years now...

Re: The end of the world...PR!

• Oh geez! Still no power?! How are you guys doing staying warm?

That's both very exciting and very conflicting about Riss. It's great to hear that there's a solid potential adopter for her, but it's so sad to think you'll have to give her up after being with you for so long! After that long, I'd probably have ended up thinking of her as mine!

image image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since July 2012
    BFP #1: 11/9/13; spontaneous m/c at 6w2d, 11/25/13
    BFP #2: 12/31/13. B/w 12/31: betas >1000, progesterone 13.6; B/w 1/2: betas 3065, progesterone 10.2
    B/w 1/8: betas 17,345, progesterone 25.6
    Progesterone suppositories started 1/2. Please stick, baby!!
    Fiona Elise born 9/9/14 - welcome beautiful girl!
    Badge Unicorn
  • We have a fireplace in our den, which luckily is a smaller sized room and can be closed off, so we've been sleeping in there with the dogs and cats and had the fire going most of the night. 
  • Wow, I hope you get power soon! We're still without power too. (They're saying Wednesday...) But we packed up and went to my in-laws since they have power.

And yay for Riss having a good application on her! I can't imagine how hard it must be on you after having her for that long, but just think of how rewarding it is that all of the hard work you have done with her has paid off! 

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2ep1pq8.jpg[/IMG]