Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]t.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Where do you get your pet's ID tags?

While our cats are strictly indoors, I would hate for something to happen to them. They have tags now, which are small, round and silver, but the writing was never very good quality and it's rubbing off a bit. I'm interested in getting similar tags, just higher quality (these are only 2 years old). Ideas? Thanks! Also, I looked a bit on etsy, but I'd prefer the tags to have the pet name and 2 phone numbers on the front. Ideally, on the back, I could have "if I am outside I am lost" printed.
my read shelf:
Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
40/112

Photobucket

Re: Where do you get your pet's ID tags?

• We got our cat tags at Petco. Our one cat uses the doggie door to play in the backyard sometimes so I really wanted one for him. Its small round and black. Its got his name and our number on it. It also had room for a second number I believe though we didn't put one. While he's only had it for a couple months, its held up pretty well and looks brand new still.
    The most beautiful place on earth to me: Glacier NP
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • I got my dog one from Esty. I love it. 

http://www.etsy.com/shop/UrbanPuppy?ref=seller_info

[IMG]http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b439/agirlintheforest/tyson021-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • All of our dogs and cats have Red Dingo tags.  They are a little spendy, but have held up well
    image image
  • I think it's from Persmart. Still looks new 2 years later.
  • Just got a new one from petsmart for our dog, the old one lasted two years before the lettering rubbed off too much.  The new one was about $20, but has a protective clear sticky cover we placed on it to help keep it looking new.
  • Boomerang tags.  Hands down the best tag.  For the cats I get the ones that are flush with the collar.  The dogs one is the traditional circle hanging tag.  It has enough room for her name, our address, two phone numbers and vet info on the back.  These are deeply engraved and will take more than a lifetime to wear. 

• I found a link for tags for $2 a piece on ebay, so we ordered a bunch for foster dogs.  They're super cute :)
    [IMG]http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/agoodse/peppermin2.jpg[/IMG]

Pepper, the not so wonder pup
  • I also use Boomerang tags.
    My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • We use Boomerang tags as well. Great quality.
    image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image vrb1566:

Boomerang tags.  Hands down the best tag.  For the cats I get the ones that are flush with the collar.  The dogs one is the traditional circle hanging tag.  It has enough room for her name, our address, two phone numbers and vet info on the back.  These are deeply engraved and will take more than a lifetime to wear. 

This! Although it freaked our dog out when he couldnt hear kitty jingling up to him in the dark anymore. The "mini" size fits on cat harnesses perfectly. 

• Boomerang tags as well.  Before we got one from there, we went through like 5 tags.  The Boomerang tag has lasted over 2 years.  Doug is in and out of brush, so if it lasts on him, it will last on anything.
    image Yup, he was born that way. Doug's Blog
  • image vrb1566:

Boomerang tags.  Hands down the best tag.  For the cats I get the ones that are flush with the collar.  The dogs one is the traditional circle hanging tag.  It has enough room for her name, our address, two phone numbers and vet info on the back.  These are deeply engraved and will take more than a lifetime to wear. 

Another vote for Boomerang! Ditto all of this!

2011 Races
    3/12 5 mi -- 49:22 Pace: 9:52
    5/1 Half Marathon -- 2:11:22 Pace: 10:01
    5/22 10k -- 56:29 Pace: 9:00
    5/24 3.6 -- 29:03 Pace: 8:18
    7/10 15k -- 1:44:46 injured Pace: 11:14
    10/29 5k -- 28:24 Pace: 9:04
  • Boomerang tags here as well. I originally got the brass ones, but they don't last long. Definitely get the stainless steel ones. We get the small heart-shaped ones for our cats and use the loop instead of the S-hook. The loop just fits around the end piece of their break-away collars. It rarely comes off when they pop their collars. Each tag has her name and our last name on one side and most of our address on the other side ("blah blah" instead of "blah blah Way") and the zip along with DH's cell #. In other words, there's enough info on the tag that we could be found.
  • The boomerang tags aren't the prettiest, but they do look utilitarian! I think I'm going to get the "mini" round tags with the split circle hook, which is similar to what they have now. Then I can put information on the front and back. Thanks!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket