Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Romantic ideas in OK

Neither DH nor I are from Oklahoma so we don't know a ton about the state.  We were planning a weekend trip to San Antonio but now I think I want to stay closer to home.  Any ideas for a romantic weekend in the state?

Re: Romantic ideas in OK

• For DH's birthday last year we went to Bartlesville and stayed at the Inn at Price Tower for a night.  We had dinner in the Copper Restaurant in the tower.  For us it was really cool because DH is a huge fan of Frank Lloyd Wright (but somehow we had no idea that there was a building he designed in Oklahoma).  It was also really cool and romantic, though, even if you're not into architecture.  The rooms have windows all around which make for a great view at night.  We had dinner around sunset and got a great view from the restaurant.  We also stopped at the Philbrook on our way back since DH had never been there.  I'm sure you could probably think of other stuff to do in the area, too, if you wanted to go for more than one night.  HTH!
  • Check out Echo Canyon Manor in Sulphur. DH & I went there for Valentine's Day this year and really enjoyed it. We got a couples massage at the spa, lounged in our mineral water bath tub, had a fancy dinner at the restaurant. They have orchards you can go walk around and explore. We also stopped at Turner Falls on our way there, too. I know they have a website, but it's escaping me right now. Google is your friend. :-)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I second Echo Canyon Manor. DH and I went last Fall, and it was great. We didn't use the spa, but we did have dinner there and it was fabulous! I have been trying to recreate their awesome peach cocktail (a bellini maybe?) ever since.....with no success.