Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Update on my husband....

First...thank y'all so much for the kind thoughts and prayers. It means so much to me!!

Keith has Guillain-Barre Syndrome. When we went last week, the neurologist thought that was what it was but wanted to wait until he got the MRI and bloodwork results. 

Dr. Bower thinks we have gone through the worst part and now it is slow healing part. He is on treatments for the next 3 weeks and doesn't want him doing anything. Since he has drop foot on both feet as well as neuropathy...he can't really do much anyway. 

After 3 weeks, we go back for more nerve testing and hopefully get to started with rehab. It could take anywhere between 6 months to 3 years for recovery.....obviously we are hoping for the lower end!

We own a small business so we don't have health insurance. We are self pay so I have been working out payment plans with everyone! So far, it has been ok. :) I am hoping the rehab facilities will also work with me (throw up an extra prayer for that if you don't mind!!).

Thanks again for all the prayers! It is appreciated more than y'all will ever know!

Smiles, Kimberly

Re: Update on my husband....

• Oh wow, K, that's a lot to handle. You are so strong! I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers and am glad that you have some answers at least. 

FWIW, you might want to page carlinlp on the babies board or I can try to find her email address for you if you'd like. She seems to have had great success in healing her son's immune and nerve systems and probably has some useful resources.

Email me if you need anything!

M. 

Business Cat. image
  • Wow!  Y'all are in my continued thoughts and prayers!
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • Wow, that's a lot.  I hope his health improves as quickly as possible.  Best of luck to both of you.
  • Lots of continued T&P for your husband. I 2nd paging carlinp. She has a wealth of information and experience healing her DS from an autoimmune disorder. Her blog about her experience is  http://thestradtnerfamily.com/findingournewnormal/  (ugh can't make it clicky, sorry). 
  • Oh my gosh. I'm glad they identified the problem and hope he recovers soon. You guys will continue to be in my prayers and please keep us updated and let us know if we can help in anyway.
  • I have been thinking about y'all!  I'm glad they've been able to identify the issue and set up a plan for treatment and recovery.  I'll definitely continue to keep y'all in my prayers, I'm sorry you're dealing with this stressful situation. 
  • K, I had no idea!  I do wish him a speedy recovery and lots of T&P for your guys.
  • Thanks everyone! :) Love y'all!!!!! Nesties ROCK!!!
  • Kimberly! I just saw your posts, and I'm so sorry about your husband.  I'm glad he got a diagnosis and that there is a recovery plan. In the mean time, is there anything that you need?
  • Please let us know if there's anything we can do.  I've been keeping your husband in my T&Ps.