Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How about a get to know you (and your dh) poll?

I'm trying to liven things up around here. Since we have some newbies, how about a poll?

1. How long have you been married?

2. How old are you and your dh?

3. What do you both do for a living?

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together?

My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.

Re: How about a get to know you (and your dh) poll?

• 1. How long have you been married? just about 2 years (Monday is our 2nd anniversary!)

2. How old are you and your dh?  me=31; DH=33

3. What do you both do for a living?  me=school counselor; DH=police officer

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together?  hiking, wine tasting, volleyball, house projects, day trips/road trips
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/ibzb4z.jpg[/IMG]

We miss you, our sweet girl. RIP 10.3.12

BFP 10.14.12--EDD 6.24.12--M/C 10.17.12 (@ 4w3d)

BFP 12.12.12--EDD 8.20.13--MMC 1.21.13 (@ 8wks; no growth/hb as of 1.8.13) d&c 1.25.13
  • 1. How long have you been married?  2.5 years

2. How old are you and your dh?  I'm 33 and dh is 40.

3. What do you both do for a living?  I'm a structural engineer and dh does finance for the family wholesale bakery.

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together? Well, we don't have time to really do anything anymore, so I guess we watch tv together?  :-)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1. How long have you been married? It was 5 years in July

2. How old are you and your dh? He's 35, I'm 33.

3. What do you both do for a living? Well, right now we're both unemployed (yeah, that's not scary). He gets disability and if he works more than a very measly amount he loses it. Since he physically cannot work FT, it's unfortunately the most income he can get. He also is trying to be a "stand-up" comic for a living. He's not there yet but he does get paid gigs. I was laid off from being a high school social studies teacher so I'm on unemployment right now. But I am currently trying to get work as a high school social studies teacher.

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together? Um, we don't have a lot of actual hobbies in common. We like to go out for coffee or for dinner and we like to laugh. We watch comedy shows together (either live or on TV). We both love history and debating current events so we talk a lot about that and watch TV shows or movies related to that.
  • 1. How long have you been married? 3 years, 3 months

2. How old are you and your dh? I'll be 26 in October and H is 27

3. What do you both do for a living? I work in finance and he is a server, aspiring LE

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together? Hiking, walking, biking, playing with our dog and our baby, we like to eat, we like to watch movies.... We both really love to travel, even if it's just a day trip

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttc1ae9.aspx[/img][/url]

• 1. How long have you been married? five years

2. How old are you and your dh? 33 and 31, respectively

3. What do you both do for a living? He is a software engineer, I'm a mom/aspiring novelist.

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together? we climb and cook - not necessarily in that order

My Life Blog My Book Review Blog Be wary of people who say they don't have a toilet...because where are they putting their s**t?
    [URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/r/roqb84xu6.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/6/6eznuk8cm.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • 1. How long have you been married? 2 months on Thursday!

2. How old are you and your dh? He's 23, I'll be 24 tomorrow :)

3. What do you both do for a living? We both work in education... I'm an elementary school music teacher and private voice teacher, and he works for a school district tech department.

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together? We do church choir and handbells together, go to shows and operas, do other music-related stuff, go to Sharks games, watch movies and TV, cook, camp, and do water sports. 

• 1. How long have you been married? It is 3 years on Monday :) 

2. How old are you and your dh? He's 32, I'm 31.

3. What do you both do for a living? Hubs is an User Experience/ user interface designer (AKA, computer geek) I'm work as an event consultant at a party rental and event planning company

Hobbies, not many "hobbies" we do together... but we do like to try new restaurants together, play with the dog, travel, watch movies, wine taste, and ski, off the top of my head.  :) 

IMG_1373 Cool Winston
  • 1. We'll be celebrating our second anniversary in November.

2. We're both 28.

3. I'm a newspaper reporter (unless I get laid off soon). DH is a biologist.

4. We don't have a lot of shared hobbies per se, but things we like to do together include seeing movies, going to restaurants, wine tasting, hiking with our dog... I like cooking and baking - he likes eating what I make  :)

• 1. Just shy of three years.

2. I'm 35, he's 39.

3. I'm a newspaper reporter, he's a truck driver/local deliveryman.

4. Hunting down abandoned railroads, lifting weights, loving on our kitties.

My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.
  • 1. How long have you been married?1.5 years

2. How old are you and your dh? I'm 23 Dh is 29

3. What do you both do for a living?I am a cake designer/decorator/biitch. He is an manager for online Safeway

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together? We love bike riding, camping, and having picnics. We are both avid cleaners!

[url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • 1. How long have you been married?  Four years and a couple of months

2. How old are you and your dh? DH is 54 and I just turned 50  Surprise

3. What do you both do for a living?  I'm an accountant for a local nonprofit and DH is doing a psychology internship (he just finished an MACP degree)

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together? Travel, go to baseball games, try new restaurants, watch TV and movies, play with the dog and our three cats.  Lots of other stuff too, but that's about all I can think of at the moment.

• 1. How long have you been married? Our 1 year anniversary is coming up in two weeks. We've officially known each other now for 3 years.

2. How old are you and your dh? I'm 33, DH will be 28 on our anniversary.

3. What do you both do for a living? I'm an Administrative Assistant (blech!) and DH is a lube technician aspiring mechanic or welder. He does have training in heavy equipment operation thanks to the Marines, but since you have to be in the union to get hired to operate machinery here in CA, he has chosen to do something else to help pay bills and bring in income.

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together? We love to go hiking, snowboarding, running (w/our dog too), watch movies.
    Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. How long have you been married?  I'm an old-timer.  We've been married a little over six years.

2. How old are you and your dh?  In our 30s :)

3. What do you both do for a living?  Finance/business development

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together? We do a lot of sports together, mostly volleyball but we'll also go snowboarding and indoor rock climbing.
    I'd rather be rock climbing or playing volleyball
    image image
  • 1. How long have you been married? It will be 5 years in October

2. How old are you and your dh? 28 and 29

3. What do you both do for a living? We own a construction business together

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together? We love camping, riding quads, riding horses, movies and hanging with our friends.

• 1. Just celebrated 3 years. We've been together almost 14.

2. I'm 30, he's 31

3. I work as an office manager for an investment management firm; DH is a police detective

4. We like camping, traveling, working on upgrading and customizing our house, enjoying amusement parks/roller coasters, running, trying to beat each other at board games, and finding new adventures to try (stuff we've explored together includes sky diving, kayaking, backpacking, etc.)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• 1. How long have you been married? 3 years

2. How old are you and your dh? Me 28, him 32

3. What do you both do for a living? I work in accounting at a lawfirm and he is a general contractor

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together? We like to go to car shows, rock concerts, and movies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. How long have you been married? We hit 5 years this last June

2. How old are you and your dh? We are both 28

3. What do you both do for a living? I work as a bank teller and DH does inventory control and customer service for a big box home improvement store

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together? we like to watch movies, do simple little things like mini golf. We each have our big true hobbies that we do separate so when we are together we like to do the little things.

• 1. How long have you been married?  4 years and a couple months.  (July 2007)

2. How old are you and your dh?  30 and 31.

3. What do you both do for a living?  Me = Medical Records Analyst  Him = Radio Network Signal Development Process Engineer

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together?  We both like hiking and exploring our new area.  We love to take day trips (and overnight ones too, but they are $$$)

• 1. How long have you been married? Almost 3 years

2. How old are you and your dh? Me: 25 Dh: 28

3. What do you both do for a living? Me: Marketing Dh: Recruiter

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together? Movies, long walks, baseball
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2uo5px1.jpg[/IMG]
  • 1. How long have you been married? 4 years on 27 October

2. How old are you and your dh? both 33

3. What do you both do for a living? me-clinical pharmacist, dh-chief analyst programmer for the mobile development team at a bank

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together? movies, walks, travel
  • 1. How long have you been married? We've been married for 4 months

2. How old are you and your dh? I'm 24 and DH is 25

3. What do you both do for a living? I am a lending assistant for a bank and right now dh is a closing store manager. (hoping we hear from a potential job today if he got it)

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together? We love camping, going to the beach, hiking, lounging!

Anniversary
  • 1. How long have you been married? Just over three years

2. How old are you and your dh? I'm 34, he's 35

3. What do you both do for a living? I do marketing and inside sales and he is an engineer.

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together? We love travel and sports. He is a die hard Boston sports fan and I love my Giants. We love eating out, seeing movies and just being outside.

• 1. How long have you been married?  3 years

2. How old are you and your dh?  27/29

3. What do you both do for a living?  I am not working and DH is a chinese linguist in the military.

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together? We love playing board games, hiking, exploring, traveling.
  • 1. How long have you been married? - A little over 2 1/2 years.

2. How old are you and your dh? DH is 28 (will be 29 in about a month) and I'm 26

3. What do you both do for a living? DH works in IT for a major recycling company and I'm a full time graduate student in Clinical Psychology, also have been doing part time stuff at Anthropologie.

4. What hobbies do you and dh like to do together? We love to eat and go wine tasting. Why are we not 500 pounds?! We also like to watch movies, go to concerts, and walk around town (you know, like check places out and window shop and stuff).
  • 1. How long have you been married?

4 years this June. 

2. How old are you and your dh?

I'm 28, he's 30.   

3. What do you both do for a living?

I'm a patent paralegal/admin for a tech company and he's a machinist/renaissance man at the machine shop (he does pretty much everything). 

Soccer games, travel (usually FOR soccer games), beach (he surfs, I sunbathe), spoil our puppies, eat, drink, watch too much TV... 

• 1. Married 9 years in October

2. 41 and 35

3. We are both Realtors

4. We both love baseball (he's teaching me!), history etc. We don't have many 'hobbies' in common but enjoy movies, eating out etc. Really, all our free time is hanging with our kid and friends :)

Life is a roller coaster, enjoy it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lighthouse State Beach, Santa Cruz.

• 1. almost 4 years (10/13/07)

2. I am 29 on 11/13 and DH is recently 32

3. I am a FT student and FT SAHM (and I am still on disability with my job with the police department, so technically I am still employed), he is a Police Officer

4. We go for hikes a lot (3-4 times a week), lift weights, and we like to play xbox360 together.  We used to snowboard and run but DH cannot currently run and I cannot snowboard anymore.  

Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 1. 6yrs

2. Early 30s

3. Me = Internet Usability & Visual Design/Marketing. DH = IT Tech work & working on a slight career change.

4. Running, walking our dog, trying new restaurants/food, traveling