Politics & Current Events
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Prop 8..Food for thought

For the sake of parental control....First let me say that I live in the liberal state of Massachusetts.  I grew up in a traditional family in a small town.

Parental rights are and should remain at the forefront of raising our children.  Matters of morality and sexuality will be initiated and reenforced in the home and our local church.  Sadly, we have reached a point in our society where the "if it feels good ..do it"mentality is the prevailing social doctrine and the ultra liberal vocal minority has done an exceptional job in influencing the curriculum in our schools and working with organizations such as the ACLU to remove the last shreds of morality and parental control from schools.

Books like "the king and the king" and "And Tango makes three" have been insidiously pushed on our kids as early as Kindergarten and serve no other purpose than to indoctrinate our children into the gay agenda.  This indoctrination serves no other purpose other than pushing social agenda over age appropriate learning. There is nothing unfair or immoral about the passing of question 8.  The voice of the majority has been heard.  This majority rule if the very foundation of democratic society.  While I can empathize with the plight of any group of people who have lost in votes in our democratic society...the greater good is served.  I believe that if the gay marriage question was put to ballot in all the states, it would be soundly defeated.  Please understand, I am not a hate monger nor intolerant...I just believe that marriage is between 1 man and 1 woman and the more we allow vocal minority groups(by minority I mean in numbers only) to pick apart the foundations of our society, the more we move head on into our own undoing.

Three beautiful girls! DD#1 8-23-01 DD#2 4-25-07 DD#3 10-19-10

Re: Prop 8..Food for thought

• "the gay agenda"

you're clearly championing the stupid agenda.

[img]http://tinyurl.com/33tnsee[/img]
    Shitter's full!
  • image Nancy6306:

I just believe that marriage is between 1 man and 1 woman and the more we allow vocal minority groups(by minority I mean in numbers only) to pick apart the foundations of our society, the more we move head on into our own undoing.

You are kidding right?

• IVF w/ ICSI #2 - fraternal twins born December 2010 at 36 weeks.
  • Is the "stupid" agenda, morality?  The majority ruled.  Simple as that.  If my agenda of morality and family is "stupid", so be it.
    Three beautiful girls! DD#1 8-23-01 DD#2 4-25-07 DD#3 10-19-10
  • Can you define what you mean by "gay agenda"?  It's hard to debate you if I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • As I re-read you are also going to have to define what you mean by morality, as I'm already confused.   Hopefully people stop jumping all over you so we can discuss this. 
  • image BlackMamba*:
    Can you define what you mean by "gay agenda"?  It's hard to debate you if I have no idea what you're talking about.

The Gay Agenda is to turn everyone in the world gayWink 

• Nancy - I'm going to bet that you will not respond to anyone but I'll give you some food for thought. I live in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and I think I'm going to start going door to door with my ballot petition to outlaw the marriages of bigots. See, I think it is in the interest of the citizenry that bigots do not procreate. I think I'lll get enough signatures to get a ballot question next November.

What do you think of that?

• can you define what 'greater good' is being served by taking away someone's rights?
  • Oh my god. ?Replace 'gay' with 'coloreds' and this is straight out of the fifties!
  • image spott3393:

image BlackMamba*:
    Can you define what you mean by "gay agenda"?  It's hard to debate you if I have no idea what you're talking about.

The Gay Agenda is to turn everyone in the world gayWink 

Having been born and raised in SF, I must be immune since I didn't "catch the gay" despite being around them since practically birth. Wink

Gay agenda? Really OP? Confused

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/20uzlzc.jpg[/IMG]
    The Blog
  • you fuucking suck.  HTH
  • Since marriage is supposed to be between one man and one woman, and is the foundation of our society, maybe we should outlaw divorce. Or shouldn't allow divorced people to remarry. I mean, they really are the ones chipping away at that foundation, right? Or maybe we should outlaw Baptists from marrying since they have the highest divorce rate.
  • image Nancy6306:

the ultra liberal vocal minority has done an exceptional job in influencing the curriculum in our schools and working with organizations such as the ACLU to remove the last shreds of morality and parental control from schools.

to indoctrinate our children into the gay agenda. 

LOL at the gay agenda.  You're raving.

I am a teacher, and I assure you, the parents are running the asylum.  My hands are tied by crazies like you.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ?The Homosexual Agenda is an elusive document. We?ve been looking around for a copy for quite some time; the distribution plan is so secret that it?s almost like we need a queer Indiana Jones to hunt the master copy down. The various anti-gay forces are certain that we all have a copy and are coordinating a attack to achieve world domination.? ?Pam Spaulding

• image RubyInParadise:
    Oh my god.  Replace 'gay' with 'coloreds' and this is straight out of the fifties!

Awesome. Also, I love the "I don't have a problem with gay people, I just don't believe they deserve equal rights" argument. I'm tolerant, there are just certain classes of people that I don't, um, tolerate.

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Spoken like someone who truly has no idea how our government works.

ETA:  This is supposed to be 'food for thought'?  I feel a twinkie defense coming on.....

[img]
    http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/575553_3628402905789_1145555859_5259941_183025947_n.jpg
    [/img]

[URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/6/6txg4pq9e.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • image RubyInParadise:
    Oh my god.  Replace 'gay' with 'coloreds' and this is straight out of the fifties!

I was thinking the same thing.  Same arguments, different decade, different group of people.

• Omg.Shut up.

And you are intolerant.

• I wholeheartedly agree that And Tango Makes Three is tearing our nation to shreds. Why they ever let the true story of two male penguins at the Central Park Zoo who raised and hatched an egg together out to the public is beyond me. Now, not only do all penguins want to be gay, but all children are now aspiring to be gay penguins.

Damn them. Damn them all!

• image jillboston:

Nancy - I'm going to bet that you will not respond to anyone but I'll give you some food for thought. I live in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and I think I'm going to start going door to door with my ballot petition to outlaw the marriages of bigots. See, I think it is in the interest of the citizenry that bigots do not procreate. I think I'lll get enough signatures to get a ballot question next November.

What do you think of that?

Can I sign that petition even though I live in AZ? 

• "While I can empathize with the plight of any group of people who have lost in votes in our democratic society...the greater good is served"

If this is your definition of Morality, I feel sorry for the people you are raising.  Seriously. Please tell me what you empathize with.

Seriously, people. If your faith in humanity is destroyed because your parents told you there was a Santa Claus and as it turns out there is no Santa Claus, you are an ignorant, hypersensitive cry baby with absolutely zero perspective. - UnderwaterRhymes
  • image Typhoid_Mary:

I wholeheartedly agree that And Tango Makes Three is tearing our nation to shreds. Why they ever let the true story of two male penguins at the Central Park Zoo who raised and hatched an egg together out to the public is beyond me. Now, not only do all penguins want to be gay, but all children are now aspiring to be gay penguins.

Damn them. Damn them all!

GAY Penguins Oh NO 

• There is nothing unfair or immoral about the passing of question 8.  The voice of the majority has been heard.  This majority rule if the very foundation of democratic society.   

A few thoughts:

1.  The fact that Prop 8 was approved by a majority of California voters does not, by itself, absolve it of any potential "immoral[ity]." 

2.  I am not sure what you mean by the "gay agenda" or "social agenda."

3.  What harm (social, economic, etc.) do you believe occurs or would occur if/when gays marry?

• The S&M penguins are the worst of the lot.
  • We have "Tango Makes Three" and we read it to our oldest child sometimes at night.  Heaven forbid, my husband and I teach our children about different families and expose them to things outside of the way that we live our life. 

I am not egotisical enough to think that the way we live our lives is the only way that people should live.  Our children come from a very racially diverse background that includes both gay and straight family members.  I will never teach my child that being gay is wrong.  My children need to look at individuals for who they are not for who they might share a bed with. 

I am not a very religious person but the bible says "love thy neighbor as thyself" not "love thy neighbor only if they are straight, parents are still married and whose marriage is one woman and one man"

• And this is exactly why rights for minorities should never be put up for votes of the majority.
  • Nancy--I'm also from MA, and I wept tears of joy when our SC said no to putting that vote on a ballot.  The book you are talking about was not an indoctrination tool but rather as an inclusive look at all relationships.  As a teacher, it is my job to make sure that all my students are comfortable.  If a child in my classroom had 2 dads or moms I would want them to realize that they are not alone and they are just as normal as your unlucky child.

Luckily, I don't teach the young kids, but rather high school.  And I blame your style of bullshittt parenting for why I got the question, "Is it a mortal sin to swallow?" to which I replied, "Honey, if you have to make that decision, the mortal sin ship has sailed." 

To all of you people on here who get your panties in a knot about the word BIGOT....this is what it looks like.

• image spott3393:

GAY Penguins Oh NO?

image?

Best picture on the nest all day.

You are the big weiner spott!